Does the pets remind you of something?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

When I was going through the pet list, I thought of the pets of some of the movies/tv shows I've seen.

Like the black cat reminds me Sabrina the teenage witch.
Husky from snow dogs.
Chihuahua From beverly hills chihuahua.
Etc etc.

Some of them also reminds me of that one movie, um, Homeward Bound lol.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I named my cat Sassy because it reminded me of the cat from Homeward Bound. One of my favorite movies when I was younger.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:I named my cat Sassy because it reminded me of the cat from Homeward Bound. One of my favorite movies when I was younger.
I loved that cat.
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Like the black cat reminds me Sabrina the teenage witch.
Salem! I named my black cat after him because I used to love that show.
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

Sassy just dripped with sarcasm in some of her lines. Plus the overwhelming vibe of "oh why am I stuck with this idiot?" Whenever Chance did something dumb.
Sassy is 100% me at work every day. Minus the freak outs over getting dirty.

I saw elsewhere on the forum someone mention one of the dogs reminding them of the target dog.
Sassy was the one that jumped out at me the most surprisingly. Though I love Salem.
I'm more or less buying animals based on them reminding me of stuff. Except a capy. I want one of those just because they're adorable.
memesama
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I named my cat Lev bc it's grey and I'm haikyuu trash. It's not the only animal I have that I named after a haikyuu character, either. I was thinking of naming it Victor, but a yoi name seemed too obvious.
IH Zero
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

The dachshund reminded me of my real life dog. So of course, I bought one and named it Maddie (her actual name is Magdalene, but lol character limits) after her, because I am a big giant dork.
~Milotic~
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:Sassy just dripped with sarcasm in some of her lines. Plus the overwhelming vibe of "oh why am I stuck with this idiot?" Whenever Chance did something dumb.
Sassy is 100% me at work every day. Minus the freak outs over getting dirty.

I saw elsewhere on the forum someone mention one of the dogs reminding them of the target dog.
Sassy was the one that jumped out at me the most surprisingly. Though I love Salem.
I'm more or less buying animals based on them reminding me of stuff. Except a capy. I want one of those just because they're adorable.
Yup that was me that said that one of the dogs reminds me of the Target dog. The bull terrier with the black circle around his eye that hangs out on Lulukoko beach. I saw it and told my cousin that if the circle was red it would be the target dog. Even with the circle black it still reminds me of the target dog. Lol.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A lot of the pets remind me of real life pets we've had. Like we currently have a pyrenees, a siamese and a orange tabby. I'll buy those and name them after our pets. I'll also buy those that remind me of our late pets and name them in their memory.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The name escapes me at the moment but the big white one looked a little bit like my late dog. I didn't name it after him, though. The slight resemblance was mainly the tail and facial area.

I watched Homeward-bound too as a kid but I didn't like Sassy. lol Forgot why, it was ages ago.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I named the orange tabby Bob, for my cat, however he reminds me of my Plumplin Dumplin. AKA Baby Alex.

The Bengals remind me a lot of hub's cat Smokey, but his marks aren't so...defined and 'clean'. Sometimes I think he might be part bengal. The thing about my town is that there's a LOT of rare/semi-rare cat genes in the strays as people have obtained them thinking oh a nice rare cat and they either ran away or they turned them out because lo and behold pets are living creatures and require care that fits them.

When I was a kid the siamese stray epidemic was... A full blown epidemic...

The weirdest one though is the beagle reminds me a bit of a kitten we have, because of the expression. So I call them the squinty-eyed Nugglet doge like all the time.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

This will sound weird, but the capybara reminds me of my old cocker spaniel. The way it sort of flops down, chin on the ground, sort of sidesaddleish...my spaniel used to lay just the same way. Add big floppy ears and ignore the webby feet, and it could be him.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lon Lon wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:Like the black cat reminds me Sabrina the teenage witch.
Salem! I named my black cat after him because I used to love that show.
If only he could talk it'd be perfect!
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I love cats so of course that's what I buy. Named the first one after my mom's cat.

Then started buying big doggys. Easier to find/pet/etc.

The next pet festival theme is Small Dog. Realized I don't own one. Maybe the husky - he kinda looks small next to the mastiff. Blargh.
Drea
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:I named my cat Sassy because it reminded me of the cat from Homeward Bound. One of my favorite movies when I was younger.
While I named my cat China, I have accidentally called her Sassy for this very reason.... on accident...

Furthermore the black and white dog thats like a boarder collie reminds me of Rex and Fly from Babe.

Pluss the Bull Terrior looks like Spuds McKenzie, and the Target Dog.