Same Name as NPC? -_-

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

At least in the Japanese version there's another character named Hannah exactly how I spelled my name (ハンナ)
Rainbow Curry
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

There's a Hannah in the English version, too! That's what I named my farmer.
Sufjan Swordsman
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I'd be a bit weirded out if I ever saw a NPC named Sanne. Especially since you don't really hear it much (if at all) outside of my country. :lol:

NPCs named after people I know make me chuckle, especially the ones that aren't like the real people at all.
Hazysummerskies
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I haven't seen a faceless NPC named Nora, like my farmer, or one named my real name either for that matter which is Shana. I'm glad to be honest because I would probably find myself tempted to change my farmer's name and I've grown rather attached to it. I can be very picky about the strangest things. In fact, it even mildly bugs me that the default name for the girl farmer in this game was Holly, since it just so happens to be exactly what I used from my OC in the previous SoS, but at least I know the namesake is totally unrelated and it just happens to be a coincidence because I like the name and wanted a botanical theme on that file.
Last edited by Hazysummerskies on Mar 18, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is this about the name you give your MC or your own real life name? Or both? Well, either way...

Nope! My spur-of-the-moment name for my feMC was 'Annika' (which I ended up being very happy with as it has a couple cute short forms and, depending on how you pronounce it, it sounds like it could be a Westown, Tsuyukusa OR Lulukoko name, and it also felt like it fit in with Daryl, Marlena and Lynn. To me, anyway.) But it's not that common of a name, I think, so I'd be really surprised if it had ended up being a name of any of the game characters. My real life name is also not one that would be likely to appear in the game.

I suppose a Kiki would be possible as an NPC name, but it didn't happen in Trio...and my nickname, Kikki, is kih-kee (rhymes with Ricky and Nicky), not kee-kee, so even that probably won't ever show up in the game. I think it'd be neat to have names from my 'real' life appear in the game, though. My baby sister's name is the name of one of the Great Fairies in BotW and that gave me a good laugh, as I find the Great Fairies a bit horrifying, lol.

EDIT:
Sufjan Swordsman wrote:I'd be a bit weirded out if I ever saw a NPC named Sanne. Especially since you don't really hear it much (if at all) outside of my country. :lol:

NPCs named after people I know make me chuckle, especially the ones that aren't like the real people at all.
Sanne is a beautiful name, I love it. It goes nicely with your pretty, serene avatar, too, and your chosen username which makes me think of a sand-laden desert wind, to make a nice overall image of a person. :) It's kind of like poetry, all put together.
Last edited by Kikki on Mar 18, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kokiricat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It'd be impossible for me to have the same name as an NPC. There's never enough letters for the MC to be named Catherine. :P Though, I guess there could someday be a Cat, but even when I'm playing I don't feel like that's my real name.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If I could use my actual name, it'd be the same as a food item you can cook in the game, so. :lol: My nickname fits, I just choose not to use it. My name and nickname haven't been in the series before I think. I often call my farmer Rose though which sometimes does create issue. But I figure so long as it's a sub-villager and not an actual villager with the same name, what difference does it really make? That's me, though. Also...
Spoiler:
I accidentally named my farmer Amelia, before I knew who I was gonna marry. I married Wayne. One of his girl name suggestions is Amelia. :lol:
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:
Spoiler:
I accidentally named my farmer Amelia, before I knew who I was gonna marry. I married Wayne. One of his girl name suggestions is Amelia. :lol:
He's naming the baby after you? :P

My name's pretty uncommon in the current day and age so there's very rarely NPCs that share my name.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

AP was the worst offender of this personally because not only was there a Lina, my backup name, Fin, was also taken by a major character!

Luckily that hasn't happened since and probably won't happen again, since names are almost never reused.
Calous
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

mine is Hinata, and there is one event that confused me out when I need to know which Hinata they mean. XD
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Juliko wrote:Yeah. Coming up with names for your MC can be really tough. I named my female character Bijou, and somehow I still don't think it fits. I don't like giving my MCs names that are already being used in the game. So yeah, it can be annoying.
I do the same thing. I don't like repeated names at all. Luckily I named my FeMC Alexys and no one seems to be named that or a similar variant that I know of...
Rasei
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The first time my older sister played Crono Trigger, she name Marle Nadia. And got confused on why Marle/Nadia was running around and thinking she was in a disguise when she was using her own name. Later she found out that Nadia was Marle's real name.
~Milotic~
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

My name ingame is Amelia, and one of the bachelors suggests Amelia for a daughters name. If i could have Milotic as my name ingame i would do that but Milotic is 1 letter to long and would look awkward spelt Miloti.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:My farmer's name is Megan...yeah... :(

Okay, yeah, my name is Megan too. Only it's not my farmers name. But when I got engaged, Ford said something along the lines of "Now we have to go tell Megan!"....and I had to close the game for a minute or two to let the weird evaporate from my brain. I mean, I KNOW that character is there and all, but it was kind of out of the blue.