I'm my own worst enemy...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I really love this game. Having said that, I am having some of my same old problems.

I am playing at a slower rate than usual as I have a tendency to want to do everything at once. Then I come here and read how much further everyone is and I feel like a slacker, lol.

I have PTSD which severely affects my short-term memory. I mean, some days I feel I should wear a name tag to remember who I am. :P There are so many small but important things to keep track of: so many different animal treats, so many different fertilizers, so many different animal feeds, so many, many different wools/furs...I am feeling overwhelmed and I'm only at Spring 3, year 2!

I've never been very good at raising crop levels. I've won all festivals so far by concentrating on my grapes, lol. But now there are so many more crops available! Aauuurghhhh!

I keep a notebook handy because I cannot remember items/quantities needed for clothing, buildings etc.
It helps but slows me down. Which is probably a good thing.

I really do love the game, but it's so much!

I know this is my problem but just needed to give a wee rant at my own limitations.
kokiricat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have a tough time remembering everything as well. I've been keeping a notebook for building/clothing requirements, and to write down which shops have new products whenever I get the letters. Otherwise I'd never remember to check them!
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I missed a few crops due to forgetting to check shops in each town.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Don't worry about going at a slow pace; trust me, your definately not alone. I have the same issue with wanting to accomplish everything at once, like wanting to do all the part-time jobs in a day, or talking to everyone I see :lol: . Also my memory is absolutely terrible, to the point in which I'll question whether of not I brushed my animals, gave them a treat, or pet them litterally 5 seconds after just doing it, lmao.

I know a lot of people on the fourm may be far in their game, but imo the most important thing I look at is play time. Although someone in year 3 might be far in their game, they may only have played 100 hours or less. Then there's me, only in Summer year 2, with over 140 hours logged in.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah don't feel bad. I had this game since day one but I still haven't made it to year two yet. I'm in Winter so I'm close but I'm definitely going at a slower pace. Some of that is because I have 2 jobs and school in the way and another part is that I'm lazy lol but I've logged in a lot of hours in this game.

It's definitely more fun playing at your own pace. Half the time I forget which treats do what so I have to read it before giving it to my animals. I also keep a log of all the materials I need for the farm circles/tool upgrades. I'll have no memory of what I need it I didn't have that :shock:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I agree that it's a great game.

But I also have not been enjoying the more complicated way of raising animals to max qualities or the crops. I can't keep track, either...I constantly have to open my animal notebook to see which treat I should be giving to which animal since there are...is it FIVE kinds? Plus four for normal crops, of course. I suppose this way of doing things might actually be more interesting to some...I just don't have the fortune (or the good brain) to be one of those folks.

It's not wrecking the game for me, and there are ALWAYS aspects of each bokumono game that I won't like or would prefer if they had done it the same as in one of the previous games instead (like cooking worked better in SoS with automatically reopening to the last recipe used, imo...and I preferred just using ONE fertilizer, not four or five.) This time they made the crops and animals complicated to raise to max quality to the point that I find it a little too stressful for my tastes, but...it's still fun. And they'll probably do it differently again in Bokumono Switch...they always change things up from game to game.

But this is the type of game that makes me wonder if I could seriously go get some kind of brain training. I'm not young...but at 38 I'm not that old, either, and I seriously should not be this scatterbrained. Maybe the game I REALLY need to be 'playing' is BrainAge, lol. (That game is so difficult in parts I feel absolutely frazzled after finishing a session.) Try to train up this cottage cheese into a real, functioning brain with some actual length installed in the memory section.

I've read that a lot more people are having more and more short-term memory issues these days, though, with how much we divide our attention and switch it rapidly from item to item...email to web browsing to telephone to television to cell phone and back again without a pause...seems like the details don't get retained, they just get dumped to focus on the next lightning task. Chronic multitasking is literally bad for your brain.

And of course, those of us who naturally rush ourselves through the game cuz we're a bit compulsive about efficiency or playing it 'right'...we make it even worse, lol.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

My memory is very shattered. I can remember the chemo meds Caitie was on and I can remember every procedure she had. I cannot, however, pull up any memories of her for the 3 years before she was diagnosed. They are probably somewhere, but I can't find them.

With video games, if I start a game then can't play for a month, when I go back to it I have to start all over. It's like a brand new game. After doing that 4 or 5 times I do recognize bits and pieces. I can't count how many times I have restarted Fantasy Life.

I am not loving the many fertilizers and treats this time. Also too many wools! I love the animals, but not that the wools/furs aren't interchangeable. As Kikki said it's not a game breaker but it is stressing me out.
Ladyjovia
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

well there are some good things though, the game doesn't permanently punish you for forgetting or going too slow... sure you forget to buy certain crop seeds for the season so you can't buy them anymore... however you can buy them next year. You don't have to have everything done instantly.

that being said my memory is terrible especially with my meds, I have caught myself having to go back to the material shop and then to ludus at one point at least 10 trips in one day just to get everything i wanted... my headcanon at that time of ludus that after the first couple of times he would probably go hide or sweatdrop at me.

... and i'm stubborn and don't like writing things down, along with dyslexia for my thoughts pretty much... so a long list of things gets jumbled up if not completely forgotten XD
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

The non-punishment thing is a really good point, Ladyjovia. And, yeah: I sometimes think Ludus would be fully justified in smacking me in the head for making him to thru his whole spiel just for me to say 'Oops, back n a few' for the 8th time.

I also like that even if you get guys/girls up to say green flower, the previous colors events still get triggered and seen.

I think I really, really need to just try and relax, accept that I am enjoying the game and accept that whatever pace I play is ok.

We are all doing ok! As Martha Stewart says: That's a good thing. :)
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

i can remember everything else beside material for farm circle, and tailoring lol

for part time, i have my plan

i have a routine to do a chores in 3 towns like

go to westown --> accepting delivery all jobs --> go to miranda/postio/lisette --> delivering items in westown --> moriya -->delivering to tsuyukusa --> ludus ---> delivering to lulukoko --> delivering the rest to three towns

after that i accept shipping part time, and goes straight to farm and ship the items

the rest is doing random part-time/socializing/mining

for material+tailoring, i do a few farm chores until 9-10 AM, save in your farm, goes straight to them and list the items on my phone notes. After that i reload, finish farm chores, and preparing items that want to be made (cloths+materials in material shop).

for farm animals, i just occasionally see the animal books after cleaning their Doo-Doo everyday

seriously speaking i dont have any problem with remembering in this game c:

reloading method is truly help me though, its much better than wasting 1-2 hours to go forth back and preparing the items, and come back to the shops
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I normally don't have many memory problems with games but this game I've definitely noticed it's hard to keep track of things. Every time I go to buy something and come back to the farm I realize I've forgotten at least one thing, and sometimes my poor animals go hungry because of it... I need to make shopping lists or something!

Also forgetting to complete part-time jobs sometimes, especially shipping ones. There's a lot to think about.
TehyaFaye
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

There's definitely no shame in making a shopping list. My memory's fairly decent, but I don't think I could remember all 15 types of materials and their quantities for various outfits in each of the towns without writing it all down.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From someone who can't play everyday, I also have memory problems and can't remember what I did last. I'm on fall y1 and I still have to look through the bookshelf for certain things.
BriarRosethorn
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have an anxiety disorder but thankfully it doesn't interfere with the game. If anything, it's a great stress reliever and takes my mind off of being anxious all the time.

I have trouble remembering all the requirements for farm circles, house upgrades and clothes, too, though. I've started taking pictures of my screen with my phone of the requirements and flipping back to it whenever I need a refresher. I also do this when I need to collect donations from a bunch of different people for festivals and when Stephanie (she's just MC in my game but Fogu calls her Stephanie??? Maybe a Japanese to English translation difference, meh) comes to tell me which categories I'll need to focus on for the harvest and animal festivals.

I would just take screenshots with my 3DS but I ah... don't know how, lol. :oops: I've been told you have to press L and R at the same time but all that does in the game is remove the dialogue box if someone's talking so you can see their full portrait better.

As for which fertilizer and treats to use for the day, I alternate and go in a rotation so I look at the numbers.

EX: If I need to use Juicy, Sugary and Sparkly fertilizer on my crops for the harvest festival that season, this is how I distribute it:
  • Buy 99 of each, then keep them in my bag.
  • Day 1: I have 99 of all three fertilizer types. I start with the first one in my bag (Sparkly) and use it on all the crops.
  • Day 2: I can see that I've used X amount of Sparkly Fertilizer already but I still have 99 of Juicy and Sugary, so I'll use Sugary Fertilizer on Day 2.
  • Day 3: Juicy Fertilizer will be the only one I still have 99 of so I'll use that on Day 3.
  • Day 4: The numbers will be even again, so I know I'll need to repeat the cycle and start with Sparkly and repeat the process for Days 1-3.
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Oh my « Harvest Goddess » i've been forgetting the damn part time jobs i've stopped doing them altogether!

I've had to redo days in this game so much because the part time people are jerks when you don't finish the job and I don't even want to deal with that. I swear i've done a months more work since buying the game because i've redone days so much.