I'm my own worst enemy...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I am relieved to hear that I'm not the only person who can't remember what they did literally two seconds ago! Did I feed this animal this treat? Or do I need to give it one to raise a different trait? It doesn't stress me, but I do get annoyed with myself.
I agree that keeping a notebook is a good idea, but since I usually play as I try to go to sleep, a notebook wouldn't be practical for me XP. I did keep a piece of printer paper with all my stuff for the first SoS though! So I know it does totally help.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

They simply made the game TOO complex this time around. There's so much to keep track of, it's ludicrous. I mean, I am enjoying the game, but really?
BriarRosethorn
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Meriberry wrote:They simply made the game TOO complex this time around. There's so much to keep track of, it's ludicrous. I mean, I am enjoying the game, but really?
The level of detail with the crops and animals this time around is impressive, but I would have given it up in exchange for all the customization options from SoS easy. I don't want just a generic Western/Eastern/Tropical style and be restricted to these huge chunky blocks of space to decorate with. Also, why can we only have one child in this game when we had two in SoS? :(

Meh, maybe I'm too demanding. I'm still enjoying the game but I miss a lot of stuff from SoS. At least I adore my husband and I like that your child takes after your spouse in looks. Reminds me of AWL and AWL SE, gives me happy nostalgia feels. :heart:
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Don't feel bad, I've had the game since release and I'm on Fall 13th, Y1 :lol:

There is a lot to handle this time around with so many crops/fertilizers/treats/etc. It's nice but can get overwhelming. I totally understand you wanting to do everything at once because I play the same way! Like you said, just relax and enjoy the game at your own pace. And you're not the only one who needs an irl ledger to keep track of everything so no worries there either! :) I usually rush through these games so I'm actually kind of happy to be plodding through this time around - I feel like I will be playing longer.
Lyufa
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I could have written this exact post. From the PTSD and memory problems to where I am in the game (but by now you're probably further ;)

I skipped SoS1 because I thought it was too complicated. I think this is better but still, I found myself ignoring whether I was using the right treats or fertilizer RIGHT AWAY. Just using whatever wherever and hoping it's useful in the end. As a result I have relied on random gifted crops for some wins and I don't have many byproduct level higher than E. In fact I think I have only one sheep with D! And oh man I wish I had time/space for another regular alpaca. Maybe I'll get it anyway...

I really don't like how the barns work (size) either since now I have to go through all 3 farm zones to check on all my animals, make sure I don't forget any, and there's no time to do this every morning before going out if I also do this and that (I have time slow food I can make but I still feel like I'm wasting it lol) and I don't want to miss what's going on in the morning elsewhere, which already has happened.

I want to play these games to HELP how I'm feeling but inevitably I stress over maxing my play every time. I've talked about this on these forums before but I have a habit of forgetting my account lol. I want to enjoy how I decorate my farm and feel like I'm spending quality time on my farm and in the villages, but instead I feel like"what am I forgetting?" "what do I still need to do today?" "is it worth reloading for what I messed up?"

In reality we might as well waste time, then we'd unlock stuff sooner. But it's hard to change what I do. I still go back to feeling like I gotta do EVERY PART TIME JOB. But actually all towns are locked now so why bother on most? ESPECIALLY those delivery jobs, which Ludus and Moriya give waaaay too many. Year 2 they are even worse. I'm tired of checking who I need to deliver to next. And I don't want to run back for those shipping jobs so I try to put several types in the box just in case before I leave for the day, but oops, I feel like I'm running low on everything now despite belonging to Club Hoarder.

This is quite silly but.. I started adding IRL tasks to do when I take part time jobs so I spend a little less time staring at the screen (and feel less tempted to overwork in game). IE if I take a watering job, I'll go wash a couple dishes (worst irl chore imo) or make some hot water (I drink it this way). For wood cutting I'll do a little exercise XD Weeding and cleaning I'll clean up around the house :) It's dorky but it helps me a bit.

I've also gone through pages in a notebook with lists of what I need to get/remember. It gets messy. The last time I made so many notes was for HMDS:Cute! I have no idea how anyone could play without taking notes... Unless they don't mind forgetting stuff!
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I'm doing the "own all head gear" trophy and I got them all except one at Ludus' shop. I wrote down all the cloth I needed for this project, made it all except couldn't start the shaman headdress thing. Swear I got brown alpaca cloth+. Kept seeing it red, like I don't have enough. So I go back and make more. Used all my inventory.

Then finally dawns on me that it wants brown alpaca wool. The raw material. Which I made cloth of them all.

/shoots self in the foot

What a dumbass me. Now I gotta wait til he gets all fluffy again. Not only does this game have time gates, I do it to myself!
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

It is just too complicated this time, imho. But adaptation is necessary, I guess. I don't think I can concentrate at all on getting all things as it will drive me nuts and add more anxiety.

I keep telling myself: it's a game, dammit. Just enjoy.
DazzleKitty
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I get frustrated over this game too. I have anxiety and depression and sometimes feel like I am not smart enough to "get it". I have been playing this series since I was a tween. It's gotten really complicated since Xseed took over. It's taken some fun out of the series. But yet, I still enjoy it a bit. I'm really enjoying this installment. Must most than the first SoS.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

XSEED is only the translator. They don't make the game. Marvelous is the one making the game ridiculously complicated.