An Underrated Game

A fishing RPG that's older than Harvest Moon. Current games include River King 1 (GB/3DS VC), River King 2 (GBC/3DS VC), River King Advanced (GBA), A Wonderful Journey (Ps2), and Mystic Valley (DS)
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YES Nekomata is so fun haha! I don't understand her likes either but I try not to question it hahaha

has the third pet aged up for you yet? : )
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I think I've gotten him to the second last stage now and omg. *_* I love his design so far.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yay :'D have you reached the plaster wall yet? because that's what I'm stuck on @_@
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ahhhh my crow friend is fully grown and handsome and elegant. :heart: :heart:

And yes I literally just got to the plaster wall now!
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YAAAAY He is such an elegant crow! :'D you know I actually did fanart of him back when I played the game in 2011, hahaha Here's one of the pics

if you figure out how to beat it, let me know @_@
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ahhhh such good fanart. <3 I love his expression it's so cute! Aw I never would've thought my crow blob would've grown up to be such a mature, well-spoken bird man.

I think next time I play, I'm gonna visit all the locations at different times of day and see if I trigger an event or come across a character. Because yeah just speaking to that wall is doing NOTHING. And I'm assuming that weasel is gonna turn up next to those purple weeds at some point?

I love all the references to popular Japanese mythology etc in this by the way. Harvest Moon has always had a few here and there, like the Kappa, but this game has so many.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah thank you! :'D I'm glad you like it. I found the other fanart I did of him, but I think that's it!

hmm yeah let me know if you figure it out, I'll try to do some experimenting as well.

Also I totally agree, I love how it rewards the player for knowing details like that. I like how it's so obviously a game made in Japan : )
ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

ahhhhhhh you dont know how happy it makes me feel that other people feel the same!
I actually played and finished this game a long time ago, and i still have my copy. Q_Q it was so cute, i played it for hourrrrrrrrrrrs. i really loved the atmosphere and the pets, my favorite was crow boy - thats how i called him- xD and i found the story to be so charming i dont know. But i agree, its a game thats so underrated and that i wish more people had a chance to play because of how relaxing and enjoyable it actually is? The funny thing is that i also played it when i saw the guide in this website xD i remember just clicking on every link so i could visit the guides and i stumbled upon mystic valley. I do plan to give the copy to my boyfriend this week though, since he has a fishing and video game hobby....so its like the perfect game for him and I hope he enjoys it as well!

but yeah, love this game! definitely one of my favorite underrated ones for the ds.