Is it good or bad?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
miraiyume
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is it a good thing or a bad thing if I see the rival heart events??
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

depends on whether or not you want them to get married. the last one won't occur before year 4, so unless you're aiming for vaughn (i presume. i've never courted him, but he's the one i mostly hear about hooking up with his rival before the player can marry him), you should be able to marry your intended well before the rival events become a problem
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:depends on whether or not you want them to get married. the last one won't occur before year 4, so unless you're aiming for vaughn (i presume. i've never courted him, but he's the one i mostly hear about hooking up with his rival before the player can marry him), you should be able to marry your intended well before the rival events become a problem
so if I aiming for vaughn, I have to marry vaughn before he propose sabrina? and all the boys won't propose the rival heart before year 4?
sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean ><
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rival events occur at a pace of once a year. So, the second rival event cannot occur before year 2, the third rival event cannot occur before year 3, etc. The fourth rival event is the proposal event. After you see that one, they'll get married and there's nothing you can do about it. In order for the rival events to occur, they also need to be below a certain heart level, but I don't remember what they are.

However, since Vaughn is only in town 2 days a week, it takes longer to get his hearts up than the others. I haven't courted him so I don't know if it takes four years, but I have heard stories from people who accidentally triggered his last rival event with Sabrina before they could get him to a high enough affection level to avoid it. If you can avoid their first rival event until Vaughn is at a purple or blue heart (again, i don't remember which it has to be) you should be fine

If you're not aiming for Vaughn, though, you really don't have anything to worry about. As long as you talk to and gift your intended every day, they will be well outside the danger zone by the time year 2 rolls around.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:Rival events occur at a pace of once a year. So, the second rival event cannot occur before year 2, the third rival event cannot occur before year 3, etc. The fourth rival event is the proposal event. After you see that one, they'll get married and there's nothing you can do about it. In order for the rival events to occur, they also need to be below a certain heart level, but I don't remember what they are.

However, since Vaughn is only in town 2 days a week, it takes longer to get his hearts up than the others. I haven't courted him so I don't know if it takes four years, but I have heard stories from people who accidentally triggered his last rival event with Sabrina before they could get him to a high enough affection level to avoid it. If you can avoid their first rival event until Vaughn is at a purple or blue heart (again, i don't remember which it has to be) you should be fine

If you're not aiming for Vaughn, though, you really don't have anything to worry about. As long as you talk to and gift your intended every day, they will be well outside the danger zone by the time year 2 rolls around.

Well, I'm aiming for Vaughn, and he is already at the purple heart in winter year 1. I haven't seen the first rival event which it has to happen at year 2 or later, and when Vaughn is in black heart. I missed the first rival event. So, Vaughn won't propose Sabrina or there's still a chance for him to propose Sabrina??
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Kam wrote:Rival events occur at a pace of once a year. So, the second rival event cannot occur before year 2, the third rival event cannot occur before year 3, etc. The fourth rival event is the proposal event. After you see that one, they'll get married and there's nothing you can do about it. In order for the rival events to occur, they also need to be below a certain heart level, but I don't remember what they are.

Well, I'm aiming for Vaughn, and he is already at the purple heart in winter year 1. I haven't seen the first rival event which it has to happen at year 2 or later, and when Vaughn is in black heart. I missed the first rival event. So, Vaughn won't propose Sabrina or there's still a chance for him to propose Sabrina??
he will not. you're in the clear
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

he will not. you're in the clear

Okay then. Thank you so much!! I really appreciated it :)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

PokeFarmer wrote:http://fogu.com/hm8/basics/rival_marriage.php
Here is some info.
I already read it and still don't get it. But someone told me clearly and now I get it.
Thank you for the link :lala: