* Search  * Register
It is currently Aug 06, 2020 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

The Ninja
  Post subject: Rune Factory 4 text dump?
Post Posted: Jun 11, 2017 7:38 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I know that Story of Seasons and Trio of Towns had text dumps released, but did RF4 ever get one? Would be a huge help with gathering dialogue.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 3:42 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I don't even think you can save screenshots through Miivers with this game. But again I haven't played RF4 in a while.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 3:59 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

They're talking about the full text from the cartridge that can be extracted.

I don't think so though, at least as far as I can tell unless I somehow missed it. I know Lccorp2 did for both SoS and 3oT but I'm unsure if they own RF4 and would be willing to do it (Could always pm them and ask?)

The Ninja
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Shan O 123 wrote:
I don't even think you can save screenshots through Miivers with this game. But again I haven't played RF4 in a while.

You can save screenshots to Miiverse in RF4. That wouldn't affect whether or not the game has a text dump, though.

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
I don't think so though, at least as far as I can tell unless I somehow missed it. I know Lccorp2 did for both SoS and 3oT but I'm unsure if they own RF4 and would be willing to do it (Could always pm them and ask?)

That's a good idea. Can't hurt to give it a shot.

EDIT: Are you sure it was Lccorp2 who dumped it? They did the romantic transcript threads but I don't recall them posting any dumps. I know Ilmoran posted the Trio dump awhile back originally: //viewtopic.php?f=32&t=172493

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 4:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh my bad.

Also it's good to keep in mind that Lccorp2 hasn't been online in a while, the 3oT thread hasn't been updated.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 4:12 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ahh yeah you're right, sorry about that. I think I had it in my head it was them because they've made the dialogue topics for the last two games.

It was Ilmoran, and let me double check if they did for SoS as well.

Edit: http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=166991&hilit=Text+dump RainThunder and andibad were the users that did it for SoS it seems.

jigglyanchor
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 6:41 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Here ya go, the English and JP text. RF4's text files are full of duplicate text and aren't very organized, and I haven't cleaned any of it up. I did change the file names to be more recognizable, though.

A couple interesting notes - NPCs that can't be tamed still have descriptions (here's some examples) and some NPCs who can't follow you still have follower dialogue (like Blossom and some other NPCs).

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 7:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

jigglyanchor wrote:
Here ya go, the English and JP text. RF4's text files are full of duplicate text and aren't very organized, and I haven't cleaned any of it up. I did change the file names to be more recognizable, though.

A couple interesting notes - NPCs that can't be tamed still have descriptions (here's some examples) and some NPCs who can't follow you still have follower dialogue (like Blossom and some other NPCs).

You're a rock star for doing this, thanks so much!

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 7:57 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

jigglyanchor wrote:

What a great find, this is awesome! I know there was once a dialogue collection thread a while ago for RF4, but this is 10x better, imo!

The Ninja
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

jigglyanchor wrote:

Ahh, thank you so so much! I seriously appreciate it!

MageDragonfire
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Aaaah, organized or not, this is fabulous! Thanks so much, Jiggly - I've been hoping to find a dump for months now, too, haha.