Miitopia

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't see a thread for this so.....

Anyone else hyped for this game coming out next month? I've watched a few demos and it looks amazing.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I played the demo and was instantly left wanting more. Yeah, it's more of a parody RPG than an actual game (99% of the time you're doing nothing in battles) but something about it is oddly addicting and leaves me wanting to play the rest of it.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Best part is you can add anyone you want in your party. part of me wonders how Taylor Swift would do in combat.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

When Tomodachi Life came out, I liked it well enough at the time. Slowly, I began to not enjoy myself with it and ultimately returned it.

With Miitopia, it takes what I liked about Tomodachi Life and incorporated it into an RPG. I originally didn't think I'd enjoy this, but I like it and can't wait for it to come out!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really adored Tomodachi Life and still do. I don't play it anymore but it's a fun memory. I remember watching the Miitopia JPN Direct last year and praying that it'd get localized ASAP because I love it's zaniness just as much as I loved Tomodachi's.

I played the Demo and I lovelovelove it. It's silly and has a fun charm to it's RPG battle system. I'm really looking forward to it next month.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

By any chance, what is Miitopia? I've heard bits and pieces of it from E3... is it like an RPG with the Mii people by Nintendo?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:By any chance, what is Miitopia? I've heard bits and pieces of it from E3... is it like an RPG with the Mii people by Nintendo?
It's basically a RPG thing yup.
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oh my gosh is it coming to the nintendo switch? All the switch games I've seen so far are trash besides mario and zelda games. I need me some good switch content
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

theboysareback wrote:Oh my gosh is it coming to the nintendo switch? All the switch games I've seen so far are trash besides mario and zelda games. I need me some good switch content
Only on the 3DS I think?
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

theboysareback wrote:Oh my gosh is it coming to the nintendo switch? All the switch games I've seen so far are trash besides mario and zelda games. I need me some good switch content
Slightly off topic and I apologize for that but have you checked out Blaster Master Zero? It's really fun and only $10 and I've beat it like 7 times and it's got a great soundtrack and I highly recommend it. It's also on 3DS as well but the Switch version has the most features (better framerate, co-op, and HD rumble).

---

By the way, which class/job did you guys pick for your main character in the demo? I went with Knight, although in the full game I think I'll go for Wizard since that seems to have the most amount of MP-based abilities, which I think will make battles feel more varied instead of just hitting the auto-battle button every time.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

3DS only. If you let me know what genres you're into, I can recommend some Switch games if you'd like. I've played a good chunk of it's library and still having a blast with mine.

And @Ninja I chose priest because I like being the healer. It's great for raising your friendship levels with all your party members as every heal fills the gauge a little bit.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I personally got tired of Tomodachi life really fast because it was extremely repetitive:/
However I tried the demo of this anyway for fun and I'm not sure.
I like it and I enjoy the fighting/relationship aspect.
Still not 100% sold though. I will probably play more of the demo but I can't see myself rushing out and buying this any time soon. Maybe if it has a major sale :/
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

3ds only??? I'm officially upset. It's not my fault my 3ds croaked.
Bluie wrote:If you let me know what genres you're into, I can recommend some Switch games if you'd like. I've played a good chunk of it's library and still having a blast with mine.
I like Zero Escape, Steins:Gate, that sort of thing. I also play a bit of zelda, and of course harvest moon. I can't stand pixelated/minecrafty graphics, they hurt my head. I don't do multiplayer.
The Ninja wrote: Slightly off topic and I apologize for that but have you checked out Blaster Master Zero? It's really fun and only $10 and I've beat it like 7 times and it's got a great soundtrack and I highly recommend it. It's also on 3DS as well but the Switch version has the most features (better framerate, co-op, and HD rumble).
Might try it. Are the graphics annoying?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There really aren't any visual novels on the Switch yet. ANONYMOUS;CODE has been announced for the system but with no solid release date in Japan and no guarantee of its localization either.

Oceanhorn released yesterday and is a LoZ clone more akin to the older games + wind waker.

Wonderboy has nice crisp graphics but i'm not sure if you're into sidescrolling games.

If you're really into VNs, either PC or Vita is the way to go as they have a lot of them and keep getting more. The Switch might get more in the future, but it doesn't see to be quite there yet.
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Thanks, I'll check them out!