Celia's sudden increase in affection

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So I had started a new file on HMDS, and during my first year so far I had talked to Celia maybe a whole four times total, never given her anything, never shown her my pet, never even seen her first heart event. But on the first day of winter when I went to talk to her she had a purple heart out of nowhere.
Is it possible I've done something to increase her affection without knowing? For the record the same didn't happen with other girls.
jzwolf942
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I can't recall is this was a "thing" in HMDS but don't most games give you a little boost in friendship with all villagers when you participate in festivals? Maybe that's why.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I wish I could be of help, but the only thing I can do is reassure you that the same thing happened to Muffy in my game. After finding one of the purple sprites from drinking x-number of drinks, her heart color rose directly from a black to a blue. I think that was supposed to happen though. The game can be super glitchy at times, so hopefully it's not a bug with Celia liking you more than normal.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I see, thanks for the replies!
So far the only festival I've properly attended was the Harvest Festival and I donated (accidentally six) bell peppers, so maybe that has something to do with it? I've also found one huge crop or whatever they're called, but can't remember that having any effect on my previous playthrougs.
Oh well, maybe I'll just take it as a sign to marry Celia then.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Buying seeds from Vesta might be a way you're starting to gain affection for her. I know for a fact if you buy drinks at the Blue Bar it increases Muffy's affection, so maybe it's the same for Celia?
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Buying seeds from Vesta might be a way you're starting to gain affection for her. I know for a fact if you buy drinks at the Blue Bar it increases Muffy's affection, so maybe it's the same for Celia?
I'm pretty sure this is it, since the game treats Vesta's shop as Celia's shop, in a way.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've bought all of the seeds from the supermarket though (I find it a pain to wait for Vesta's shop to open). But these are all very interesting things none the less, I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of small things to these games that aren't necessarily outright stated anywhere.
Anonymous2
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:So I had started a new file on HMDS, and during my first year so far I had talked to Celia maybe a whole four times total, never given her anything, never shown her my pet, never even seen her first heart event. But on the first day of winter when I went to talk to her she had a purple heart out of nowhere.
Is it possible I've done something to increase her affection without knowing? For the record the same didn't happen with other girls.
I believe you gain some affection from her simply by working hard on your farm. This is just my assumption but I think specifically by raising crops (since that's what she loves to do).

It's the same with the villagers. You will gain at least some FP as long as you're working hard and you participate in the festivals.

Happy Farming! :lol:
BanieImba
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Happened to me after i triggered black heart event. went to purple heart crossed my Muffy in the first Season. :?: