My Time at Portia - Fully Funded!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Nightwing99
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

*LaI* wrote:
Nightwing99 wrote:I talk a little bit about fishing in the play through too. Have you ever used Gaia Online? The fishing is kinda like that... you move your mouse side to side to bring the fish in and hold down your left mouse button. You want to move in the direction of the arrow. It's pretty sensitive so just move it over a little bit until the arrow goes away. I'm sure they'll do more tutorial things for the full release but I agree, some better instruction would have been great. I was really confused by the ruin system the first time I encountered it, I was expecting nodes on the floor instead of actually digging the floor.
I read a comment from them in Steam, saying the didn't add a tutorial on the 2nd demo cos it wasn't the final version of the minigame.
Yeah that makes sense. If they aren't adding in game tutorials yet though and they intend for them to be there then I'd like a little bit of a guide for the demo. At first I thought maybe they were gauging how much need/interest there would be in things like tutorials (seeing what was intuitive for most gamers and what needs to be explained) but if it's planned already then it's just frustrating trying to figure it out solo. I enjoyed messing around until I learned what to do but I know for some they may get turned off the entire game just from frustration at not being able to complete certain tasks.

Hopefully the beta release will include something but it seems like the Wiki page might be the resource we need anyway :)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This game is officially $1 away from being halfway funded. lol it's at $49,999.
It gained a lot of money today. With more updates on goals and more tiers opening up, I think they'll easily make goal now if it continues to get funded like it did today. At least I hope it does.

Edit: WE'RE HALF WAY THERE! *thows confetti*.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It did do really well today, for some reason, and if that continues, it'll be great, but I'm still pretty concerned, as it got 13% on the first day alone and then about another 9% or so on the second day, and it hasn't done that on any other day that I can think of...I think the past 24 hours have been the best since the first two days. I don't know why. If it's just that it is finally picking up steam, then that's great and problem solved. But if we just duplicate the average day of the first half for the second half, it won't make the funding goal.

If it could just be featured in more gaming articles and so on and have more people notice it. Siliconera and Destructoid and Kotaku all talked about this game but it was two months ago...mentioned it since Pathea started the Kickstarter Campaign, so people who saw those articles and were interested don't know they can fund it, now. I left comments where I was able to, but people don't really go back and check the comments on an article two months later, so it probably didn't do any good for me to do that.

Well, the more people who become backers and pass the word on through social media, the faster it will gain attention, so hopefully that's how it goes.

EDIT: According to today's update, the increase was probably because of 'the brown man' streaming the game. Said in quotes because I have no idea who that is or what I'm talking about. After checking it out it looks like he's someone with nearly a half million subscribers, so that'll bring this game to the attention of a LOT more people. So yay. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry for posting twice in a row but this is three days later and totally new...

Pathea didn't post this as an update to the kickstarter, but they're running a new promotion. I saw it on Facebook, so here is the link.

This one does not depend on you having lots of Facebook friends or Twitter followers or retweets or anything like that. You just have to send them a screenshot of something you did to promote Portia and it'll count as an entry. (Or otherwise show them what you did with a link or etc.) It has the same prizes as the Twitter contest.

Personally I don't really care about the items, and I've already posted to every social media I have access to and told all my friends as well so I don't have anything left to do, lol...but this is pretty fair in terms of giving everyone a shot, since it doesn't rely on having ten thousand followers to retweet your posts, so hopefully people will be happy with this one if they've any mind to participate at all. (Some people have been really sour grapes over the whole Twitter thing, though. I mean, I get why it wasn't really fair if you were really wanting the in game items as prizes, but it's just about spreading the word as much as possible, so...)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

New update. They added stretch goals. Though I wish they'd add it to the main page somewhere like Re: Legend did. :?

(Personally I'm only interested in the have livestock and be able to ride them stretch goals)

They also stated that the XBox One/Switch were not listed on the stretch goals for a reason and that they'll tell us why next time...
As one might note, the Switch and Xbox One versions are not on here. Let's just say that's done on purpose, you'll find out more in the next few days. :)
I hope that's good news. ^^'
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Re: Legend campaign felt all flashy and entertaining. Portia's is a little drab in comparison, even though I'm actually more interested in that game. (I'm interested in both, just that Portia hits more of my gaming quirks.)

The stretch goals are pretty underwhelming, they don't feel like much of a "stretch", but just hearing that there's some smiley-face news about a Switch (and Xbox) version is good enough for me. And they did say they were only 'partial' stretch goals so I guess there's going to be more. And I'm glad they put in an 'add on' section, to make the tiers more customizable.

I do think building a museum would be fun, but I also think there's no chance that the funding will hit that level. If not for that one $5000 pledge yesterday, this kickstarter would have made about a 1% increase in the last two days, about. (I hope that pledge was for real and that it doesn't get withdrawn before the campaign ends. That always makes me nervous when someone pledges really big.) It's reeeeally slowed down. I don't think it helps that Pathea hasn't really been updating much. It was more exciting when they were updating every day, felt like things were alive. I know they say they're 'too busy working on the game', but when the Kickstarter is running I feel like it would be a better idea to dedicate someone to keeping it interesting.

Getting streamed by BrownMan was a fairly big boost, but that showed the game to nearly half a million people, so I feel kind of dispirited now, that that many people saw it and it didn't take off. All the backers have probably talked about this and shown Portia off to as many people as they could right from the start, so how much more can we spread the word?

Well...it's not behind at this point, it's pretty much keeping pace, so hopefully another 35,000 can still be squeezed out before the deadline. I have to say that Portia looks WAY more fun (and prettier) than Planet Explorers and planet Explorers reached funding without much trouble as far as I can tell...is this game just more niche than that one?

EDIT: Pathea is going to stream some new developments with the beta version tomorrow.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Huh... This looks very interesting! Too bad my comp would explode if I tried to play this demo! :shock: I hope it does well and comes to the Switch! Then when I finally get a Switch I could pick it up! ^-^
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The demo will actually play on surprisingly slow-spec computers but if it is lower spec, make sure your fans are clean and a laptop on a cooling pad to give extra protection against overheating. Worth a try if it is free since it can just be deleted again :)

Anyone interested, don't forget about their Twitch broadcast of new beta game material, which is in about 8 hours from the time I'm posting this, and so will be at:

10 PM in the place of origin, Chongqing, China
10 AM in the Toronto/New York/Florida time zone,
7 AM in Los Angeles/Vancouver (aka: west coast)
3 AM in London, England
1 PM in Sydney, Australia
5 AM in Moscow, Russia

Didn't know if any other time translations were needed.
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:The demo will actually play on surprisingly slow-spec computers but if it is lower spec, make sure your fans are clean and a laptop on a cooling pad to give extra protection against overheating. Worth a try if it is free since it can just be deleted again :)
No no no haha... My comp is TOTALLY dying as is and overheats already. I know it can't handle it unfortunately. I will have to wait until I get a new laptop. This one has had it. >.>
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, we're at 15 minutes past the appointed time on the appointed day...but nothing is online at Pathea Games' Twitch. Was the wrong time given? (10AM in China, the day after the post was made.) I didn't see a cancellation notice. Or...it's kind of confusing, with them being a day ahead. Was the broadcast...this time yesterday? (If so, that means they only gave 12 hours notice of the broadcast, but I guess that might be the case?) Did it happen, then? I couldn't find it uploaded to YouTube, so colour me confused.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well I saw a little bit of something earlier this morning. Can't say I remember the time but it someone posted the link in the comments section on kickstarter. I had to go to work so I only saw like 5 seconds of it :/

When I click on the link now it says: 'you missed PatheaGames's show, catch up below.'
However, it doesn't actually show anything 'below' so I have no idea if it was the 3.0 showing or not.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hmm I wonder if they will make it. They need 30k and have 9 days to go... >.>
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hard to say. They've been exactly on track pretty much all along to get the 100,000...on average they get 3 to 4% a day...they've never lagged far behind being 'exactly on track' nor jumped much ahead of it, and if they continue to get 3.5% per day, that'll take them right to the goal. But it does need perked up because word has already gotten around quite a bit, most backers have already spread the word in whatever ways they can, and there's nothing left for us to do. Pathea isn't really marketing their kickstarter at all, they just keep saying 'spread the word!' to the backers. :/

Well, they have news about a Switch and Xbox version of the game, and I was told that they had big news for Monday, though I don't know if they meant today or next Monday, since they said that ON a Monday, lol. The big news might be that they've secured the alternate console versions, though, in which case there's one bit of hype coming up rather than two.

If pledges keep trickling in at that 3.5% then we're fine, but if the trickle is drying up and nothing speeds it up again, then it'll fall short.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hmm well I hope they stay on track. Will the game still exist without reaching the goal? I saw that it said 'All or Nothing' and I am inexperienced with Kickstarter and don't know what happens if they don't hit goals. ;~;
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Samansu wrote:Hmm well I hope they stay on track. Will the game still exist without reaching the goal? I saw that it said 'All or Nothing' and I am inexperienced with Kickstarter and don't know what happens if they don't hit goals. ;~;
It means that you won't be charged if the goal isn't met, but they have said the game will continue even without Kickstarter.

Also, they've partnered up with Team 17 and that means it is coming to Xbox One and Switch!