RF4 Heart levels and dialogue?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I was wondering... If I don't want to miss dialogue is it better to only date (confess to) a character after they're at 10 hearts (and then wait for dialogue to repeat) or do you miss out on dialogue either way (as in like, just missing lover dialogue for the previous heart levels in this case)? I really like the dialogue in this game so I rather not miss any...
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

The dialogue will instantly skip to the ''dating dialogue'' set if you start dating. Dialogue doesn't seem to change by heart levels (except for some high friendship level lines), but follows a set order.

The latter friendship conversations will return once you've seen the dating dialogue, so I'd say it's safe to start dating them whenever you want. (the ''friendship'' lines will loop back once you've seen all dating conversations.)
Last edited by Sanne on Nov 05, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sanne wrote:The dialogue will instantly skip to the ''dating dialogue'' set if you start dating. The latter friendship conversations will return once you've seen the dating dialogue.

The dialogue doesn't seem to change by heart levels (except for some high friendship level lines), but follows a set order.
But isn't there certain dialogue that only can happen if you're just friends? Like sometimes I read some dialogue (like characters hinting they have a crush on you) and that seems like it wouldn't work if you're lovers (since the attraction is already clear).
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Yeah, some characters react to you dating. You might want to try saving, dating and reloading if you want to see all bachelor(ette) reactions.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sanne wrote:Yeah, some characters react to you dating. You might want to try saving, dating and reloading if you want to see all bachelor(ette) reactions.
That's not what I meant, I meant dialogue hinting that a character likes you when you're single. I'm sure that dialogue still stays if you don't make that particular character your lover, I meant it for the character you actually start dating with.
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

You won't get that dialogue if you start dating the person, so you'll have to date somebody else first if you want to see it.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sanne wrote:You won't get that dialogue if you start dating the person, so you'll have to date somebody else first if you want to see it.
?? I've already seen dialogue like that without dating anyone...