Desperately Trying to Get Rune Crystal Spawn on Leon Karnak

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm referring to the topic here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/635388-r ... 4/71340946
Where several people claim to have successfully found the RC spawn on top of Leon Karnak to farm it.

I was wondering, firstly, is there anyone else here who has personally seen it work? And secondly, is there anyone who could suggest why it is that it really seems like it's not working for me? I realise it's "random" and "rare", but it's been nearly 4 months in game and I swear there is no day that the RC spawns, I check every single day, and skip onto the next one, so I really don't see how it could take this long!

Is it possible that there's some other factor I hadn't accounted for like my version being from the Eshop in Australia version having it patched out, or skills or weather needing to be something specific?? It's hard to figure it out since so few people I can find have ever heard of it let alone achieved it, so hearing from others who've made it work would really help me to figure out if there's something missing here.

And yes I'm aware of the Autumn Road option but I'd like to have enough that I never have to worry about them ever again and it would literally only take one successful spawn to have enough for a life time, and if it worked so simply for others I don't know why it wont for me?

edit: double checked and my search skill is 100, perhaps that's the issue? Maybe it's actually easier to get a wider variety of possible spawns with lower skill?

edit: also wearing a happy ring, although I spose that's not a lot of help it's something? XD
jigglyanchor
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

No luck here, but I can narrow it down a little. NA, no Happy Ring, 72 search skill.

Checked what would drop every day of summer, along with the first and last days of the year. If nothing spawned, I re-entered the room until something did. I only got Light Crystals n' Material Stones. There was a hurricane and a Runey day, no luck on those days either. I'm guessing it's not linked to any specific day or weather condition, if it actually spawns.
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It's happened for me a few times; I'd have to load up my game to check exactly how many crystals, but I've got a few stacks sitting in my box.

I'm quite certain that there is no special trigger for it, though it's understandable to be frustrated when the game seems to refuse to go your way. I recall being surprised each time, as I was only up there as part of my daily boss runs. I suspect that it is completely random, if rare. I'm not sure that the Happy Ring would do anything, either--doesn't that only affect item drops from monsters?

Regardless, good luck. It definitely is a thing (that thread there and another on Reddit corroborate in terms of this), and very useful besides, so hopefully Rune Crystals will show up for you soon.
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

jigglyanchor wrote:No luck here, but I can narrow it down a little. NA, no Happy Ring, 72 search skill.

Checked what would drop every day of summer, along with the first and last days of the year. If nothing spawned, I re-entered the room until something did. I only got Light Crystals n' Material Stones. There was a hurricane and a Runey day, no luck on those days either. I'm guessing it's not linked to any specific day or weather condition, if it actually spawns.
Hmm, I hadn't thought about hurricanes since I always push them back, but good to know someone's tried anyway. I've just completed another full month test over all of spring, so I'm basically at the point where I've tried an entire year's worth of checking and I'm truly starting to lose faith. I feel like the only explanation is that something I'm doing is somehow different, but I have no idea what.

Is it to do with bringing a party member or monster, since I literally never bring anyone else? I tried checking the spawn with nothing equipped for something different, no change. I also tried going into the ear and beating the extra boss too just in case, still nothing. Based on their descriptions, it doesn't matter if you do or don't beat the other bosses before checking the spot. I'm wondering if I'm perhaps too early in the day, even though spawn item should be decided at 1:00, since I know I've checked very early in the day every time.

It is interesting to note that unlike other spawn points, this one literally always has something, even if you have to re-enter a couple of times to make it happen, it always has something.

Another possible theory, does it matter perhaps if we already have a Rune Crystal in storage? Since it sounded like at least one of those people had never found one before and found the spawn right away, but then couldn't make it happen again after? I sure don't want to ship out the couple I do have from Autumn Road to find out though XD It's not like they appear much from there either.

I've taken to adding a visit to the mushroom near idra cave since it sounds like it can take months in game to find the monarch mushroom too D:
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kaist wrote:It's happened for me a few times; I'd have to load up my game to check exactly how many crystals, but I've got a few stacks sitting in my box.

I'm quite certain that there is no special trigger for it, though it's understandable to be frustrated when the game seems to refuse to go your way. I recall being surprised each time, as I was only up there as part of my daily boss runs. I suspect that it is completely random, if rare. I'm not sure that the Happy Ring would do anything, either--doesn't that only affect item drops from monsters?

Regardless, good luck. It definitely is a thing (that thread there and another on Reddit corroborate in terms of this), and very useful besides, so hopefully Rune Crystals will show up for you soon.

I have to be very honest here, 4 entire seasons of checking in a row and I don't think it IS a part of my game, for some reason there really must be something preventing it, that's not just bad luck that really does sound like it was either patched out in my version or I'm doing something wrong when I check! I only keep checking now because it's literally been driving me mad wondering if I'm insane or if it really is real!
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I don't see why it would be patched out, as it is considerably rare--enough so that I recall each of the times it spawned in my 500+ hours of play. The only thing I could think of that might gate its appearance would be plot progression. I suppose I'm wary about ascribing things like "press down+b to make the Pokeball click!" to game mechanics when the internal workings aren't known, because it feels more like trying to curry favor with the random number generator... and numbers are heartless.

The RNG is terrible in this game, though, that is something to remember. I'm pretty sure there are people out there who are still struggling to trigger Memories or their preferred marriage event, and I haven't found a Dragon Fin or a Wind Tooth from either Aquaticus or Venti despite that basically being all I do while I wait for my first* (not actually first) batch of Emery Flowers to grow.
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kaist wrote:I don't see why it would be patched out, as it is considerably rare--enough so that I recall each of the times it spawned in my 500+ hours of play. The only thing I could think of that might gate its appearance would be plot progression. I suppose I'm wary about ascribing things like "press down+b to make the Pokeball click!" to game mechanics when the internal workings aren't known, because it feels more like trying to curry favor with the random number generator... and numbers are heartless.

The RNG is terrible in this game, though, that is something to remember. I'm pretty sure there are people out there who are still struggling to trigger Memories or their preferred marriage event, and I haven't found a Dragon Fin or a Wind Tooth from either Aquaticus or Venti despite that basically being all I do while I wait for my first* (not actually first) batch of Emery Flowers to grow.
Well, I hear a lot about the RNG being unreasonable but I've never seen anything in any game that comes close to being as impossible as this has been. I triggered memories with no issue at all and I trigger a wide variety of constant events so it didn't seem like a surprise to me that it would be one of them when the time came. I also don't struggle with item drops because I am (quite clearly at this point) an aggressive grinder when it comes to one particular thing I want.

I'm really thinking it can't be plot progression since I've done everything bar the very end of sharance maze, so I'll keep going for one more in game year before I give up. I'm just really disappointed because I've never found something was undoable in a game, I mean pokemon shiny hunting has massive odds and that still happens if you sit there long enough!
Tehya Faye
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've gotten it to spawn after finding out about it on Gamefaqs and spending the past 2 months and a half checking it daily. I definitely had Rune Crystals in storage at the time, so that's not stopping you. I believe the day I found it was one of the few days I brought my ingame husband along for the trip.
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Tehya Faye wrote:I've gotten it to spawn after finding out about it on Gamefaqs and spending the past 2 months and a half checking it daily. I definitely had Rune Crystals in storage at the time, so that's not stopping you. I believe the day I found it was one of the few days I brought my ingame husband along for the trip.
Thank you very much for letting me know! It won't hurt to try bringing him along with me a bit then :D
clefairykid
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

6 in game months of looking now, but it's like the longer it takes the more I feel like quitting will have made all this time searching in vain. Still interested to know if anyone else has achieved it recently, all the details help in case there's some vital clue I've missed!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks, I didn’t know about this.

I’m very advanced so I can’t speak for people who are at the beginning. Easy mode, no happy ring, no companion.

I searched for some days and got nothing, forgot about it and then I remembered and voila, there it was, exactly as described. Got in and out down the stairs (ears), and got 45 rune crystals! I had only two all this time.

I guess maybe you should try less? I know I got my teeth from Ethelberd when I had just given up, tried a week later and got it :-)