When birthdays collide?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

So I saw a confession about someone going for Angelo and then deciding they can't marry him because they shared the same birthday. I thought it was a stupid reason and forgot about it. But just now I was checking through the calendar only to find that I too share the birthday of Winter 28 with Angelo. Irony aside, what would that do to the birthday celebrations during marriage? Would it choose to have the birthday event for only one of you and cancel out the other? Or could you trigger one event after the other? Or did they maybe think to combine the birthdays? I a little bit doubt that last one.

If what happens is undesirable to me, I could still pick another birthday since I intend to go for Angelo on the second file and have not started it yet. I'd rather not have to choose another, but still. I'm just very curious about what happens in this situation.
Ponyxskye
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Actually,your birthdays will be combined and you will just celebrate them on the same day if you share birthdays.So you'll just have to change your birthday in the game if you don't really like that.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping for something that wouldn't leave anyone out. But now I'm wondering why someone else once made a big deal about combined birthdays in another game when it was already a thing. Can't remember which game, but one of the 3DS ones. So now I'm curious about what happens when you marry someone with your birthday in each game, especially the older ones. I've never thought about this so much before. It's never really mattered until now.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

All I know is that the older GBA Mineral Town games had specific alternate birthdays for each marriage candidate, just in case you did happen to share a birthday with someone. Though, now I am curious to see what games in the series celebrate both birthdays together if they do occur on the same day.
Ponyxskye
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Well,in SI,if your birthday fell on the same day as your spouse's,you would celebrate both of them together.Unfortunately,in Hm DS/Cute,if you both shared a birthday,yours would be canceled out and you'd only celebrate the spouse's birthday.That would really sucked if your birthday fell on the same day as your spouse in those games!That's what I have heard anyway.The last one I can think of is ANB.In that game,you would also celebrate both of your birthdays.I'm also curious now since it's probably not something you really think about until it happens to you.Well I'm really glad if I helped you!
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Both of you were definitely helpful. Thanks. I'll have to dig some more and see if I can come up with a complete list of what the games do with shared birthdays.