How did you discover Harvest Moon?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
slimed
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I was in an EB Games (aka Gamestop) just kind of perusing through the titles of games, looking for something similar to the first Animal Crossing. One of the workers asked me what I was looking for and I got kind of nervous because boys always played CoD or something and I didn't want him to judge me, but I told him anyway and he recommended I play the newest game from his favorite series and he handed me a copy of AWL. My 9-year old gay « Mr.Gourmet's hat » was smitten by this cute worker and colored intrigued by the cover art and description on the back of the game, SO I had to buy it.

The ironic part is that I hated it because I had no idea what was going on and using the internet for help was like a year or so in my future, so I returned it. Not too long after, I went over to a friends house and he was playing it and had enough patience to get to the second or third chapter and I was like "MARRIAGE??? KIDS????? A THRIVING FARM?????" so I went back and repurchased agAIn aaaaaand yep, that's it.
bara_no_uta
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I was about 8 in Target; my mom took me to get games that would occupy me on the plane ride and driving for our upcoming family vacation. (I'm pretty sure this was before the GBA:SP so I had this awkward little battery-operated lamp thing that clipped onto the GBA and would use that to see once it got dark! Ha, when I got my first DS - which was backlit - I was so happy. That lamp would mostly just create a lot of glare but I tried using it anyway!) I really like animals and played Animal Crossing a lot too, so when I spotted More Friends of Mineral Town, the happy girl surrounded by animals on the cover caught my interest.

I was pretty much instantly hooked. I was relatively internet savvy, so it wasn't long before I discovered there were other games out, and I wanted them all. :lol:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Believe it or not, I never heard of harvest moon until I was about 22. I’m 28 now.

I went shopping at Target and randomly bought sunshine islands. I didn’t know what it was or what I was doing in that game so I looked it up and my phone brought me here.