New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I feel like we need a thread where we can discuss different games that have been announced but may not yet seem 'worth' their own whole thread, whether because they're super niche or have not yet had a localization announcement, or what have you. I have just encountered a game I think looks really good that I want to keep track of, but that I'm in danger of forgetting because it's only gotten a Japanese announcement at this time. Actually, I have two...one from a few days ago and another from a month or two ago. BOTH of these are only announced for Japan, as yet, as far as I know.

The first game is Liar Princess and the Blind Prince. It not only has really an art style I like, the story premise appeals to me so much that I don't care that it's probably an puzzle/platformer blend (which I normally don't like.) That's the sort of fairy tale I like :)

The second, which I only saw very recently, is Another Eden. It was just a Japanese smartphone game as far as I know, but it's been announced that they are turning it into a full Switch game. It's got some well-known people working on it, too, from Chrono Cross and Xenogears. No word on if we're likely to get it localized, but I was so surprised by the quality of the art and the soundtrack that I want to keep my eye on it (though once I found out who was working on it, it wasn't such a surprise any more.)

Please feel free to discuss any games brought up here or add your own info on new or lesser-known game announcements/upcoming games.

PS: I'd like some new info on Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, too. It's supposed to be out this year but we still haven't heard a peep other than that trailer that came out a year ago.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We'll probably get some Sakuna news at E3. I have a feeling it'll be at Xseed's booth.

I guess the biggest game that i'm looking forward to / hoping for localization rn that fits into this thread is the Switch port of Saga Scarlet Grace. I really wanna play this game. It's gorgeous, it's unique, and I waaaant it.

Other than that, i'd like confirmed dates for Okami HD Switch, YIIK: A Postmodern RPG, Shining Resonance Refrain, and Legrand Legacy's Switch version.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm interested in Shining Resonance Refrain, too.

Oh, a tidbit of news from just a few days ago. Pathea Games confirmed (on Facebook) that they are still planning to release My Time At Portia on consoles this year, as originally projected :) (They did that in the comments, in reply to the thread that began here.)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looking forward to YIIK and the Liar Princess and the Blind Prince as well!

I have quite a few of them, mostly indies but some aren't that don't have release dates yet:
Spoiler:
Mineko's Night Market and Ooblets obviously, I've mentioned them a bunch lol
Two Point Hospital - Silly hospital simulator, same staff as Theme Hospital and a spiritual successor to it
Disco Elysium - cRPG with an absolute ton of dialogue choices
Afterparty - creator of Oxenfree's next game
Indivisible - Action RPG from the creators of Skullgirls. Valkyrie Profile-like combat
Ghost of Tsushima - Japanese ninja/samurai game from Suckerpunch
Witchbrook - SDV's publisher's witches and wizards game
Cyberpunk 2077 - It's been announced since 2013 and there's supposed to be a bunch of info on it during E3 this year. Super stoked!
I have a bunch more but those are what immediately come to mind for me. Sounds like MTAP is doing really well by what a friend I talked to said about the project, which is awesome. Pretty stoked for whenever it's out of early access! Almost wish I would have backed that instead of Re:Legend lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Re: Legend looks like it'll be amazing, it just seems like they lack organization or something and aren't progressing at an ideal pace. I did back Portia (but not Re: Legend) so I'm happy it's progressing so smoothly thus far, and every update is so packed with content, it seems like by the time it will finish it'll be a really full game. Of course, before every update all I see is whining about how they should hurry up and add more main quests, but honestly, that is what Early Access is: playing a game that isn't finished. And it's why I didn't sign up for a package that included a beta key...just a console key. :) It really looks so beautiful. It's so pretty I may actually use the in-game camera feature and album.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oop, almost forgot. Dragon Quest Builders 2 seems to be progressing nicely. No footage yet, but they revealed a bunch of new features today.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/20/dr ... ts-sequel/

Aw yiss, Naruto run.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The MC being unable to run is a complaint my sister has been making regularly as she plays. Of course, in Terra Incognita, who needs it? Because the sabretooth cub or whatever it is is extremely fast AND double jumps AND takes no fall damage. But for the main game being able to run would have been very nice. And I'm very glad about being able to introduce water into higher levels. I really hope for more variety, though. Only one type of roof was really unsatisfying. Have to resort to using stone or wooden stairs to get any variety in a roofing look. Maybe that's why they're going to let us cut blocks diagonally? Because then you could automatically make any block into roofing...

Awesome :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's funny, Liar Princess and the Blind Prince reminds me a lot of a Vita game that came out in 2012 where you play as a skeleton minion (who can turn into a prince) who guides a kidnapped princess out of the big bad's castle. Not entirely the same, but a similar concept. I hope Liar Princess and the Blind Prince isn't as frustrating as Dokuro, because man, that princess loved to get herself killed. I gave up after before the first boss. Lovely artstyle though.

Soooo, would it be OK to talk about vapourware games here too? There's a few games i'm wonder « What The Eggplant » happened to them, really looking forward to them still, but eeeeh. Omori is one of them. What the everloving heck it going on with that game. I'm glad I never backed it, because I would have been very salty about it by now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Liar Princess doesn't appear to have any fighting, just puzzles, as far as I can tell.

Vapourware, hmm...sounds like a frustrating topic, but if the games still have more than a ghost of a chance of becoming real then I think it's fine to discuss them?

I'm in the camp where I now think discussing RF5, for example, is futile and just frustrating, as it COULD happen, of course...but the chances are pretty bad at this point and no new info is available that changes its circumstances so it's just a dream with no substance and it's not like there's anything new to talk about on the matter. But if Omori is a game that has more than a very slim chance of happening, then I think it's a valid addition to the thread. (I don't actually know anything about it, though I can see that as of this month you can get a demo for it, so that's real enough for me.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh cool, they finally released the demo (for backers). I'll certainly give it a watch. I highly, highly, doubt it's still coming out of Vita/3DS at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if they do PC only or give it a PS4 port. Noooot gonna hold my breath for a Switch port.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've forgotten my two major games that I know ARE coming for sure, just no inkling of which or when. Tales of for Switch (I think it'll be new but it could be a port or even a remake...I wouldn't object if it were a remake of Vesperia but I'd be disappointed if it's just a port of Zestiria or Berseria.)

And of course, a bokumono switch game. Can't believe I forgot to mention those two...but I guess they're not technically new announcements. And they're definite, not tentative, we just don't know anything yet. But they still count for what I meant :) Though I guess the Bokumono Switch game sort of doesn't count, too, since it's already had threads of its own.

I don't think I'm in danger of losing track of those ones, though, and they're not very obscure (or are they? I've heard Tales is not big outside of Japan, which seems outrageous to me when they're such great story-driven games)...they're on my mind pretty regularly. Seems reasonable to hope we'll learn more of Tales Switch at the Tales Festival that runs almost concurrent with E3. Less than two months and I have reasonable cause to hope I'll finally know something concrete about one of my favourite series.

I hope.

PS: I've also had my eye on Wytchwood since it was announced back on Halloween 2017, but there hasn't been any new information other than a few new screenshots, afaik.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, I remembered another one. Light Fairytale, which has been in development hell for 2-3 years now. Failed their kickstarter, decided to keep going anyways. Supposed to be out this fall on PC and modern every console.

Idk why, but I like the look of it, and it looks like a fun classic style JRPG. Probably will check out reviews before jumping in, but i'm certainly intrigued.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm also very excited for Dragon Quest Builders 2. And my younger sister who actually managed to enjoy something that isn't a fighting or simulation game. Before I'd been trying to get her to explore other genres for what seems like a millennia.

The biggest announcement I'm interested in is Caligula Effect: Overdose for the PS4. I've heard a lot of complaints about the original version brought over on the Vita, but now that it looks like they're changing and updating some things, AND including a female protag, I really hope it's brought over too.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Poppyseed wrote:I'm also very excited for Dragon Quest Builders 2. And my younger sister who actually managed to enjoy something that isn't a fighting or simulation game. Before I'd been trying to get her to explore other genres for what seems like a millennia.

The biggest announcement I'm interested in is Caligula Effect: Overdose for the PS4. I've heard a lot of complaints about the original version brought over on the Vita, but now that it looks like they're changing and updating some things, AND including a female protag, I really hope it's brought over too.
Ooh. That one looks good. Reminds me of Persona, glad there is a female protag added!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:
Poppyseed wrote:I'm also very excited for Dragon Quest Builders 2. And my younger sister who actually managed to enjoy something that isn't a fighting or simulation game. Before I'd been trying to get her to explore other genres for what seems like a millennia.

Ooh. That one looks good. Reminds me of Persona, glad there is a female protag added!
Fun fact: the story in Caligula is written by the Persona 2 author.

And while the Vita version of the game is kinda 50/50 good/bad, it has a great story, good characters, fun battle system, and a killer soundtrack. Caligula Effect: Overdose seems to be remedying all the issues (slowdown, aimless maps, and some other stuff I don't remember) plus adding a bunch of features like the female protag, a storyline where you join the villains, and new characters + a refined battle system and story.

They hyped the heck out of the Vita released and now they're doing it again with the PS4 remaster. Caligula Effect has an anime airing right now which is no doubt trying to boost sales for the upcoming game. The opening is killer and the show is OK so far, but I don't recommend watching the show as it'll spoil the game. :P