Gleaner Heights - A suburban gothic farming adventure

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="Blue Rose"]Lee... (spoilers)[/quote]

wow that turned dark i love it

thanks for telling!
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Sadly not my cup of tea, I've never been a fan of that stuff (lovecraft and suuuper dark elements) but I'm glad there's games out there that have more darker aspects, definitely more unique take on the regular farming/love simulator based games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'll put it out there first, I don't own the game yet.

I like the idea of this game but, from the videos I've seen, the writing itself leaves room for improvement. It's just... edgy? It's hard to describe but I think it seems a bit too tryhard dark. Some of the scenes dialogue seem too stereotypical and there's a bit too much darkness in the town. It looks like half the town has some terrible dirty little secret.

Imho, the supernatural aspect takes a bit from as well. I'll admit I giggled the first time I saw that animation that occurs when you sin. It's a bit out there looking.

I guess maybe I'd just prefer a more down-to-earth game. A game where you move to a town and over time notice that some characters have more darker issues than initially seemed.

Still, this looks like a good enough game. You don't see many - actually, any - HM-style games that aren't 75% happy. I've always wanted a HM game with a bit more darkness in it. Maybe some abuse or depressed characters. 64 or AWL are dark but even they're pretty soft.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Having seen a lot of scenes now myself, I don't necessarily think writing is one of the game's strong suits, but I think it's fine for what it's (maybe?) going for. I may be wrong, but I've been seeing it as being part of the Twin Peaks influence. A small town where everyone has a deep dark secret to the point of absurdity, with the characters themselves often acting strange and hammy.

Not for everyone of course, just doesn't bother me at all. I'm also a bit more forgiving in this case since it's one person developing the whole game.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I admittedly haven't seen Twin Peaks, so its influences are lost on me. I know it's premise but I am not into live action shows.
vdweller

Post  Posted:

Hi all!

First 5 people asking below will get a free Steam key for Gleaner Heights.

You must have more than 50 posts to be eligible.

PMs and other forms of e-begging will be thoroughly ignored.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I would love a key for this game!
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’d love a key too please.
But I’m afraid that this topic might get locked since it’s over it’s ten day limit?
Not sure though.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh, I'd love a key if you're giving them out! I've been wanting to check the game out for a while now. :)
Dark Angel
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'd love a key, please! Thank you so much! Been wanting to try out this game but don't have the money to spend right now :heart:
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'd love to give the game a try, so I'd love a key if you're willing to give it to me.
vdweller

Post  Posted:

Keys have been sent to:

ryume
Kross lover/fan
Ehppy
Dark Angel
Nightlight
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Wow, thank you so much! I'm really excited to give this game a try.
I can't play for a couple of days, but when I'm able I'll be diving in for sure. I'll try and drop a review as well.
Thank you thank you! :heart:
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I made an effort to look through all the pages first but how many children can you have in game and is there divorce? Sorry if it's answered in videos. My connection isn't strong enough to watch them at work.
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

^ From what very little I found on it, you can't have a kid, and I don't know if there are any plans to add the ability to have one in the future.

I have absolutely no clue about divorce, couldn't find any information about it when I looked. If I had to guess I would say you can't divorce, as I feel I would've been able to find something on it if you could. Then again, it's possible you can and my inability to find information on it could've been simply due to the fact that I wasn't looking in the right places or that someone hasn't bothered to write it down yet. So, yeah *shrugs*

Anyway, I've really been enjoying the game so far. I like the dark and mysterious aspects it has. It's refreshing, IMO.