Trees dying?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Mawou
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello everyone, and thanks for reading my post! I apologize for any mistakes in advance, I'm not a native English-speaker.

Before I can explain my problem, I'd like to point out the fact that I'm playing a modified version on laptop. It's a version that was made for players who wanted to have same-« Chicken Hugging » marriages in Sunshine Islands. Usually done voluntarily by coding pros (they have all my respect), it's not supposed to modify everything: mostly sprites and speeches. I may be wrong, it's probably more complicated than that, but I don't think that they mess systems up while doing that (for example, the weather system, etc.). The game is still playable: you earn mining points the same way you earn them in the original game, villagers do give you their Sun Stones, your animals' hearts increase when you take care of them, etc.

So, like many players, I am grateful for this site to exist because it has helped me a lot ever since I started playing. Until now, I haven't had any issue like the one I'm about to tell: my two orange trees turned into stumps without any warning! They have a barrier around them, made of golden lumber. Also, I am aware of the weather system, and I created a doc to help me remember what my crops/trees need, how many water points they have, etc.
My orange trees were mature that day, so, according to Fogu, they were supposed to die if they reached 119 SP, and 119 WP. I stopped watering them when they became big trees (as Fall was coming, I was expecting rain once in a while), and counted and typed down the sun points. I took care of my other trees and crops and, one day, those two big trees were stumps ... But they only reached 43 SP. Which is far from being the 119 ones they need to reach before dying ...
So, I don't really understand. Can they die randomly, like that?

Also, my spinach crops died today (Autumn 16). Which I don't understand either, as they're in the Greenhouse, are mature, reached only 7 SP (9 is the maximum) and were supposed to be picked on Autumn 21 (they were mature on the 11th). And there is one Fall Stone in the Greenhouse, as I'm trying to harvest yams and don't want them to die outside.

Soooo, here you go! Thank you for reading me, really. And thank you in advance for your answers!
I am not sure it's because I have a modified version of the game, it has always worked before. I've had that game for a few months now, have had my doc with me too, and I was able to go through Year 1 and the beginning of Year 2 without any issue! I sometimes picked S-ranked crops, my other trees are mature too and I keep a close eye on the SP and all and they seem to be fine (let's hope!), so well ... If someone has an idea? Or if it can just happen like that and that I'm just unlucky?
(I read other forums, and someone once said they never succeeded in growing trees in other Harvest Moon games, that they were unlucky and didn't try on Sunshine Islands ... Maybe it's my case?)

Thank you again, and have a nice day! :lala:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I honestly don’t remember my gameplay much, but from what I do remember trees can die randomly. This was the only game I remember that you had to water your trees and it was annoying.
Mawou
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello, and thank you for your answer!

Haha yeah, indeed, you have to take care +++ of your trees in that game! So, they can die randomly, aw ... No orange for me then (for now). :c

I'll wait a little bit though, in case someone else wants to share their experience ... but thank you again!!