How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finally reached Act 2 of Dragon Age 2 today. I took a slight break last night and played West of Loathing since I got bored of DA2 again; Act 1 is such a drag as it just builds up stuff to happen later in DA2. I stopped playing West of Loathing again last night as I got stuck; enemies got too powerful and Alice needs some kind of boost in defense and strength to be more useful.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Done Tales of Graces f! Well...done 'Tales of Graces'...haven't actually played the 'f' part. Not sure if I'll bother or not, though I've heard it's the strongest part of the game since it was written by a different team. The main story is...childish, imo. Everything is attributed to the power of belief, or the power of friendship, or just having strong enough emotions and shouting them at people loudly enough. Which is very poor storytelling, imo. I liked some bits, but overall...definitely the worst Tales game I've ever played, though I've only played 5 other Tales games before.

That's another + for the pile, anyway. I'll decide whether I want to see the 'f' portion later. :) I'm not going to try to complete any other games before LDC.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Luckily the f potion is about 5-6 hours, but I could be remembering it wrong. It is definitely the best part of Graces; I enjoyed it more than the main game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:^Luckily the f potion is about 5-6 hours, but I could be remembering it wrong. It is definitely the best part of Graces; I enjoyed it more than the main game.
That's what I've been seeing...pretty much everyone says the added-on 'f' arc is better than the main story. I can easily see that being the case since they were working with different people on the team then, and maybe the story is a bit more mature once the characters are also more mature? I found it a bit of a stretch that they call the first chapter a 'childhood' chapter and the rest 'adulthood' chapters, lol. Nothing about those kids seemed grown-up at all, to me.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, OK, probably not going to get Okami finished in time for Little Dragons Cafe release. Not only am I working a ton this week, but due to some personal reasons, i'm replaying Owlboy again. The first time I beat it in 5 hours, but this time i'm taking it slow, exhausting every dialog option, and aiming to unlock all the content. It's mostly because I just want to. There's nothing wrong with Okami, I do love it, but I'll get back to it. The last thing I did was
Spoiler:
Get the Cat Climbing « Harvest Goddess »
So I know i'm around halfway done, I think. I'm not really sure when i'm going to get to most of my backlog now, but I do have Saturday off, so i'll be dedicating most of it to Little Dragons Cafe. My most anticipated release right now is Torna Golden Country, so i'll see what I can get finished before that drops.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Are you going to be working on Monster Hunter Universe too, pre-Torna, or are you setting it aside until after? (Unless I'm remembering wrong and it wasn't Bluie who is into Monster Hunter.) Seems like your game life is as busy as your real life. Hope it's fun; it's not like anyone is timing us on when we finish our games. :) (Well, except for ourselves, I guess.)

Sometimes replaying a favourite is just so much better than playing anything new. It's like comfort food.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

MHGU i'll be playing off an on, like a forever game you keep going back to. I already 'beat' it once on 3DS, but because I no longer have my 3DS and my save file, I can't transfer it to the Switch version. However, this HD port has a lot of new features + new fighting styles, so I don't really mind doing it all over again. I'm still deciding if I want to play as a cat again or go back to being a human. Hmmm. Either way, it's more of a filler game anyhow. Something I go to when I run out of things to play or need a quick distraction.

October is a dead month for me anyhow(no releases until the 30th), so I do have plenty of time to catch up, i'm just mildly frustrated I let all these games pile up, out of my control or not. I just want tourist season to go away so I have TIME to do things again, video games or other hobbies. #Pout
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Been playing P3P. I've had it for years, but finally brought it out this past week. This marks the FOURTH time I've started Persona 3. Perhaps I'm just terrible at games, but I found P3 on the PS2 to be annoyingly hard, even on the easiest setting. If you weren't tired, you were sick. If you were sick, no Tartarus. No Tartarus means severely underleveled on the full moon missions. And if you were healthy, you were broke because you weren't fighting in Tartarus! Also, every single guide out there had you going anywhere from 15 - 30 floors in one go. That's a LONG TIME, and if you're broke, you won't make it because you don't have enough money for healing! I just felt like when the game first came out, I could never stay ahead of the curve.

But, I just made it the furthest I've ever been in this game tonight, so woot!
Spoiler:
Yawn-B Gone should have been available in the first game, darn it.
Anyway, I think I will actually get to finish this game FINALLY, after all these years :shock:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think Persona games probably used to be as impossibly difficult as Shin Megami Tensei games (I abandoned SMT IV because I couldn't get past my first freaking day in the dungeon even after many tries. I'll never try another SMT game again; that was nothing except confusion and frustration...0% fun.) and they added genuine 'easy' modes only starting P4. (OR P4G?) And it's not even a matter of skill, imo...it's a matter of getting lucky with what monsters you run into, what status effects are flying around, and etc. If the RNG likes you, you're good. If not...

Anyway, that removes any temptation for me to go back and try any of the older games, even though playing as a feMC sounds fun. I have no tolerance for being forced to try, try, try again...I'm a story gamer. I'm never in it for the combat. :)
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: and they added genuine 'easy' modes only starting P4. (OR P4G?) And it's not even a matter of skill, imo...it's a matter of getting lucky with what monsters you run into, what status effects are flying around, and etc. If the RNG likes you, you're good. If not...

Anyway, that removes any temptation for me to go back and try any of the older games, even though playing as a feMC sounds fun. I have no tolerance for being forced to try, try, try again...I'm a story gamer. I'm never in it for the combat. :)
They added a beginner mode in Persona 3 Portable. There's beginner, easy, normal, hard and maniac.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry for being vague...I just meant that the Easy mode in PS3 didn't sound all that easy :) Kind of like they didn't get easy 'right' until Persona 4.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's no worse than Persona 5 or Persona 4's easiest option imo! Especially since you can control the characters in battle in P3P, unlike the PS2 version.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Agree with what Rope said about the difficulty. What made the original PS2 version so hard for me was the tired and sick statuses. They happened what felt like constantly, whether you were in Tartarus or just studying! Looking back, I highly doubt selecting easy mode did anything to make those statuses occur less frequently - all it did was make combat easier. It was the addition of a certain something that finally made those stupid statuses manageable.

As Rope pointed out, being able to directly control your characters in the portable version really helps as well. I'm essentially on cruise mode right now thanks to that and beginner mode. I've no doubt I would be fine on easy mode since this mode is like, STUPID easy lol in this version of the game (having half a million yen on hand this early in the game is a telltale sign of this), but I'm just here for the story.

If you're ever curious to go back to P3, the portable version is the way to go for sure in terms of being able to enjoy the story with the least amount of effort.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks :) I don't own a PSP though. (Or a PS2, for that matter.) Actually I can't usually keep those things separated in my head...PS2 P2 PS3 P3P...etc...generally if people are talking with the short forms I can't even tell them apart, whether they're talking about a game or a system, lol, so I get confused about which what they're talking about :) Sorry about that.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Glad you're enjoying it Ryume! It's one of my favorite games of all time <3

@Kikki - You can play it on Vita! That's the only place I ever play it nowadays, because my PSP is far too old. Looks way better on the screen too. It's often on sale for like $5 if you're ever interested in checking it out.