Stars and fertilizer

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
NonowX3
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi everybody!
I have a question about fertilizer and stars. When a product (and then its seeds) are five stars ranking, do I have to still use fertilizer on it or will it stay at five stars for ever?
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

NonowX3 wrote:Hi everybody!
I have a question about fertilizer and stars. When a product (and then its seeds) are five stars ranking, do I have to still use fertilizer on it or will it stay at five stars for ever?
Yes, it's stays at a 5 star rank and you do not have to keep fertilizing it, the only time when you do have to fertilizer a crop is when you accidentally sell all of your high quality crops (5 stars) then you have to start that process over. Hope that answer your question.

Happy Farming!
NonowX3
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you very much. I thought that but I wanted to be sure. ^^
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

NonowX3 wrote:Thank you very much. I thought that but I wanted to be sure. ^^
No problem, NonowX3! ^^
Yuuki_
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Actually...

There is a difference between 5-stars and 5-stars.
Rating is calculated in points. When you reach, say 91%, the star rating will display 5-stars. But the crops will still accept fertiliser. It's not required but you can keep feeding them fertiliser untill the game says you can't give anymore. When that happens your crops will have a 100% 5-star rating.

The bonus of achieving 100% is that, when a storm happens to pass by, the crops will drop to say 98% but they will keep their 5-star rating. When the storm passes over a 91% 5-star crop it will drop to 89% and revert back to 4,5-stars.

If you have the money (which you probably do if you're in year 2) continue fertilising. And try not to mix 100% 5-star seeds with 91% 5-star seeds, because they even out.