Little Dragons Cafe - Release Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which version of the game are you picking up?

You may select 1 option

View results

Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YES, FINALLY.
Spoiler:
I fed him SO MUCH CORN SOUP.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Thanks again! Ima' go get dat poop.

Also, I just unlocked 2 recipes that can make your dragon black. They're
Spoiler:
Tacos and Scotch Egg.
I have seen all the colors of my dragon but black. I have yet to even find these recipes and I'm in chapter 8. What are the fragments called and where do I find them? I've been collecting every fragment I've seen, but this world is so big I think I've missed some. I can't move/destroy those giant logs that contain fragments yet, right?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got the last fragments for those recipes at the tippy-top of the island where all the rock are kinda teal. There's a large Yaki flying around this area if you need another landmark.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I got the last fragments for those recipes at the tippy-top of the island where all the rock are kinda teal. There's a large Yaki flying around this area if you need another landmark.
Found it and I got poached egg too! I can finally see what the black dragon looks like in the game. I wish the garden and fish net provided more ingredients; it feels like when we have more guests there's never enough anymore. Also, is it just me or does the dragon not provide as much manure as it did when it was younger? I feed it the same amount of food I did before, maybe even more; 3-4 dishes a day use to provide 3 manure now it just provides 1-2.

Edit: Now that I've seen what the black dragon looks like, the white dragon is my favorite version of it. I'm gonna work on turning it back to white and then keeping it as such.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Holy typos in my previous post. Ew. At least you understood what I was saying, Bluie :lol:

So my copy of LDC came yesterday and I logged about 12 hours (when you work straight night shift and are generally awake from 3 PM to anytime between 6 and 9 AM even on your days off, that's pretty easy to achieve, unfortunately). I'm currently about halfway through chapter 4 (assuming it follows the same pattern as the preceding chapters), and my guest is
Spoiler:
Rosetta, for whom I have yet to feel ANY sympathy/empathy for... they wrote her dialogue a bit too much on the abrasive side IMO.
Technical discussion, blah blah blah:
Spoiler:
I picked it up for the PS4, and I have a PS4 Pro, so I guess insofar as technical issues, the only things that really drive me nuts are jumping, and sometimes you have your dragon mow down the grass and every single time, the item vanishes and you can only get it if your dragon fetches it (this has happened in one same exact spot so far). Also, if you tackle an enemy, sometimes the item spawns on the side of a cliff that you can't reach. Sometimes your dragon will fetch it, sometimes not, so I just tend to steer away from the walls if I can. The camera bothered me for the first 5 - 10 minutes, but after that, no issues whatsoever, which is good. There's also pop-in and clipping, but those are minor and easily ignored as far as I'm concerned. Also, at times you have your dragon bash a rock in place to act as a stepping stone, but the game won't let you use it. I pushed the same rock into place 4 different times before it finally let me cross the water, and it wasn't due to story progression that I was finally able to use it, either.
The game is charming, just as everyone else has said. My dragon is in the second stage of growth, and I am looking forward to having it continue to grow. And yes, the game is totally character and story-driven. You interact with characters via daily conversation with your cafe employees, daily conversation with your guests and short cut scenes for said guests until whatever issue that brought them to your cafe in the first place is resolved. The graphics are super cute with a vibrant color palette, which is always a huge plus in my book. Too many games these days are so GRAY or BLUE. I do wish there was more variety to the music, but what's there is fine for what kind of game this is. Everything just oozes warm, fuzzy, fluffy, happy, shiny feelings :)

PROS:
-Weather
-Colorful!
-Chibi adorableness EVERYWHERE
-Easygoing atmosphere
-No pressure gameplay style

CONS:
-Jumping
-Slacking
-No mini map
-"Combat"
-Meat stuck to the cliff and therefore unreachable

My own rant/wish list below the cut.
Spoiler:
If they make another, as others have already said, you absolutely need a mini map! I constantly get lost! Plus, maybe some fast travel methods to various points would be nice as well. Also, I really hate the "combat" system. I get that this game is supposed to be fluffy and non-violent, but maybe a blunt stick to bop zucchis on the head with instead of relying on a HUGE delay to call your dragon to bop enemies would be nice. I've lost too many dishes to those darn things. It's true it's not hard to come up behind them and hunt, but I still think they could improve the combat without detracting from the warm and fuzzy tone of the game. I am HIGHLY appreciative that there is weather in this game (I remember thinking how nice it would be to have some different weather, and voila, it was cloudy the next day, with rain the day after that), but I think it would be even more awesome with seasons! This kind of game just screams for seasonal environmental changes IMO. And CAFE REWARD SYSTEM YES PLEASE. Because I'm so anal, I travel back more than I should bother because I can't stand getting poor reviews for the day, but it is frustrating that there is virtually no incentive to do so.

I also think it would be fabulous to allow you to visit the village everyone else is from. Maybe you don't need to shop (I really have zero issues with ingredients and in fact have several stacks of 100), but I think it would be fun to visit a different locale with other people, maybe even to recruit new customers or have a food cart of something. Who knows.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with jumping. I swear, I think the buttons just don't respond when I touch them unless I touch them right. I'm using a Pro Controller for the Switch btw.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I get hung up on a ton of edges all the time. Sometimes my character is stuck suspended in the air mid-jump. If I'm in a hurry, this happens more because I'm not timing the jumps carefully enough, or far away enough from the ledge.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guess i'll put my own 2 cents on the game as well.

Overall: I like it, but I doubt i'll play it again once i'm finished.

I'm in chapter 8 and my complaints are about the same. Slacking, jumping, ect. I do find that jumping is a bit better when riding the dragon, but it can still be a bit unresponsive. I also had the rock glitch by the river and I encountered a glitch where I got stuck on my dragon, unable to dismount no matter how flat the ground (I was able to go back to the Cafe and that got me out of it).

It's very, very charming, looks nice, and I find it to be written well. Some of the dialog has been laugh out loud worthy. I think it's worth somebody's time if they're looking for a nice relaxing game to wind down to. If they patch the issues in the future, it'd be even better. I'll give more of an opinion of it once i'm done. I've been trying to use my play sessions to get through 1 guest and then take a break. There's 3 more guests after my current so i'll probably finish it in a day or so.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everyone seems to have the same problems with this game. I do wonder if this is Wada's best selling game since leaving Marvelous even though it's only been 5 days. I do want a sequel since the story and characters are truly amazing, but only if the gameplay is improved on.

I'm on chapter 9, so it looks like I'm doing to finish the story today or tomorrow. I don't even want to try and find the rest of the ingredients, fragments, or recipes; it's too much for what I have to do at the cafe. So far, I have 102/160 ingredients, 282/400 recipe fragments, and 62/100 recipes.
gekkouga
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Just started playing the game. It's super cute, but like most other people, I really wish there was more we could do.

A farming aspect would have been great. I get some BOTW vibes with the whole vast, open world, but it manages to feel smaller than BOTW, and at the same time totally barren. The lack of a village or any kind of central hub really disappointed me. I really feel like it would have helped the world by having at least a village, some money that could be made, ways to buy and upgrade your shop. There's no real consequence for letting your staff slack off except that your reputation goes up a little less, so I don't feel compelled to do it. It never seems to go down, anyway. I'm only on chapter 2, but I think any progression I make is going to be at a snail's pace, because I can only do this for so long before I get bored.

The controls are...not great. At least on the Switch it's not. The jumps are really floaty and delayed, and the collision with items that block my path gets a little annoying. There's like a half second of input lag on every control that really gets to me. Sometimes I hit jump, and the character doesn't even do anything. I originally thought that the dragon would come to your aid when the Zucchi charged you, but instead you have to command it to attack, and if you haven't snuck around, you're losing at least one dish trying.

The cooking minigame is cute, and visually, the game is absolutely adorable. I really, really want to like it. But I just get so dang bored so quickly. :\ And I really can't justify the 60 dollar price tag for the 7 or 8 hours of entertainment it's gotten me so far.

;A;
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just finished Chapter 9. I'm pretty sure I can finish this up after work tomorrow. The amount of ingredients I'm missing is astounding; I'm currently wondering where chestnuts are since I'm missing them to make mont blanc. Not too worried about finding them, but I am curious.

Even after all this time, I still ship Billy x Ipanema. I'm this far into the game and nothing has convinced me otherwise.
Dragloon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I completed the game already. Solid story.
Currently trying to get the rest of the recipe fragments but I've triple checked every area and I can't find any more.
So I don't know what to do now.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dragloon wrote:I completed the game already. Solid story.
Currently trying to get the rest of the recipe fragments but I've triple checked every area and I can't find any more.
So I don't know what to do now.
Have you talked to your staff? Between chapters, the sibling gives you fragments and sometimes the others will give full recipes.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm almost done. I have one more guest, but i'll need to grind reputation in the cafe for a few days until they show up. Gonna try to finish today after I get home from work.

I'm honestly a little sad it's gonna be over. :(
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't play yesterday. Seems like any time I go a day without playing it at all, I lose any motivation to pick it back up and have to do so by will power, lol. :/ It's a sweet game, but not compelling. My sister has also lost quite a bit of her interest in it (she plays very slowly and is still on chapter 5 even though she put in more hours than me). Well, I had started chapter 8, so at least I know there's no problem wrapping it up before the Torna DLC comes out. It's pretty easy to do a chapter per day.