HM/SoS rumors and hoaxes

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I know a lot of gamers have their old "playground rumors" from when they're were younger or old internet/magazine hoaxes they believed in. I never experienced that much... But I DO remember two gaming rumors I believed in. Both are AWL related.

1. You can unlock the horse shed. How? I dunno. No one ever said how iirc.
2. You could adopt Carter's Chihuahua if you befriend them.

Neither are true but I believed that last one for so long. I never tried it out myself because I thought the dog was creepy, but it seemed sensible...

So, anyone know of any other rumors?
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Rainbow Power Berries on the 'tree' chart in HM 64 by offering 2 each of every vegetable to the Harvest Goddess.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That you could get puppies if you left your dog with Barley's in FoMT. Good times.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:That you could get puppies if you left your dog with Barley's in FoMT. Good times.
Omg yes I remember this hahaha even tried it as well :lol:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

1. That if you pushed your animals out the back door of the barn in AWL, they would become wild animals running around the valley.

2. Also AWL, if you let your dog near your chickens, your dog would become a "mad dog" and eat your chickens.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I can't remember the exact rumor but I'm pretty sure if's been debunked in 64 that putting your dog outside/in the chicken coop/whatever won't stop it from falling during hurricanes... or was it stop wolves from coming? Either one.

I don't know where this came from, but for years everyone called Doctor "Tim". There was some hard-to-get event where he revealed his name and it was "Tim". I asked about that here a while back and no event exists in BTN(FG) or (M)FOMT.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I can't remember the exact rumor but I'm pretty sure if's been debunked in 64 that putting your dog outside/in the chicken coop/whatever won't stop it from falling during hurricanes... or was it stop wolves from coming? Either one.

I don't know where this came from, but for years everyone called Doctor "Tim". There was some hard-to-get event where he revealed his name and it was "Tim". I asked about that here a while back and no event exists in BTN(FG) or (M)FOMT.
I think you're thinking of the greenhouse rumor. There was a rumor that if you kept your dog in the greenhouse it couldn't be destroyed in a hurricane. Forgot that one tbh. I'm fairly sure neither your coop or barn can be destroyed, as they're starter buildings, but I could be wrong.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Pretty sure the majority of Bokumono rumors are from AWL. Some are still a bit unclear.

-I know there were rumors about them, but back before I even had access to those rumors, I had myself thinking about the many locked doors in AWL, “If it bothers to tell me it’s locked, then it must be open at some time.” And so, I spent many real life hours trying to see when each door was unlocked.

-I still don’t know if it’s true or not that there are events where Daachan steals from the fridge. It’s not treated as a rumor, yet I’ve seen no evidence of it, and was unable to trigger it even after playing all the way through.

-I never believed in getting the Chihuahua in any way, especially not in getting it from getting all the tablets from the dig site. However, I did believe that you could get all of the tablets. But as far as I know now, that’s not possible either? I really want to know what the point in all that was.

-For AP, I didn’t believe it myself, but some people thought you’d have your child’s hair color in NewGame+ and that you would be playing as your child grown up.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I remember believing that there was a character called Eliza (or something?) who was our true childhood friend in Friends of Mineral Town who could be unlocked after the 5th year or something.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote: -I still don’t know if it’s true or not that there are events where Daachan steals from the fridge. It’s not treated as a rumor, yet I’ve seen no evidence of it, and was unable to trigger it even after playing all the way through.
This one is 100% true. You have to wake up and leave your house around 10am and have a bunch of food in the storage refrigerator to get it to work though. I don't really think there is much reason to use the storage fridge though unless you do the third controller slot glitch and get 99 of everything...

Speaking of the third slot controller glitch, I used to think that would work for all Harvest Moon games on the gamecube, but if you do it in MM, you corrupt your game data...
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Speaking of Harvest Moon Hoaxes... Anyone seen this? :?: :-| : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY5bi ... hj3eGBx3VQ
AWESOMEGAMER
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

SoS3
You can trade Mitrhrill on Connection Island :-D

I'm just going to assume that this game is allowed
RF4- that there is a plant that Amber planted you can get ummm idk I've herd lumber, i've also heard rare seeds *coughs golden seeds*
The Shiny tree, Shiny memory, are the same thing
Its easier to grow golden crops win the winter field :-/ *mabe true but relllllly hard wish for a UFO and you might get the UFO*
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sunshine islands, I heard you could ride your horse but you really can’t lol.