Octopath Traveler Discussion Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Who is your main character?

You may select 1 option

View results

Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Beat the
Spoiler:
Shrine of the Runeblade
last night on my second try :) It was a tough fight! It's amazing how much hp the shrine bosses have! I thought for quite awhile that I wouldn't be able to win, but eventually I did...whew.

I think I'll either start on the chapter fours of my main team, or do some of the chapter 2 and 3 of the other characters before I try the other two advanced job shrines.

I think I've explored all the optional dungeons/areas that I can get to with my main team. It is annoying that certain places are blocked off because they're part of one of my "Tavern sitters" stories. I want to go in there anyway, dang it :P
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've taken a break from the actual game, beaten most of it already, but not from the universe, so to speak. :heart:

Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

FINALLY managed to beat the
Spoiler:
Devourer of Men in the Forest of No Return
My goodness...that dude is NASTY!
Also finished H'aaint's and Alfyn's stories. Just need to finish Primrose and Tressa and then continue working on the stories of my "Tavern sitters".
Also want to do the other two advanced shrines at some point.
Spoiler:
Runelord
Tressa is such fun to use :) Giving everyone multiple turns of Sidestep then hearing them laugh as they dodge attacks amuses me :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

LaI that looks awesome!! :) They all turned out so good. It makes me want an Octopath themed tote - it would be far too much work...but it would look so good.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:I actually played most of my game with the same party :lol: (Alfyn, Primrose, Therion, H'aanit). It's kind of interesting how popular that group is together!

For bosses I typically subbed somebody for Ophilia though. No advanced jobs needed, I ended up changing my party's jobs depending on the boss, but in almost every case it was Alfyn (Scholar) Therion (Warrior) and Ophilia (Thief).

It worked out pretty well with just the three of them.
Nice! I never thought of having Ophilia as Thief so I tried it and she's fantastic! It's nice having a healer that can steal SP :lol:

Almost done with everyone's chapter 2! I'm trying to keep everyone leveled properly but I love H'aanit so much she's considerably more leveled than the rest of the characters (minus my main Alfyn). Also trying to work on some of the sidequests. I feel like the number of times I walk into a town and go 'OH THIS IS FOR THAT ONE SIDEQUEST! ...where was that guy??' is pretty high :lol:

Lal that's so cool!!
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Finally decided to stop dawdling and finished everyone's chapter four. Also unlocked the
Spoiler:
Ruins of Hornburg with the post game dungeon
. I don't plan on going in there, tho. I will probably tackle the other 2 advanced job shrines eventually. I've still got some side quests to do, but otherwise am pretty much done with this file.
So....it will soon be time to start another file and do it all over again. This game is so much fun :)