How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I'm on vacation currently with my boyfriend and I thought I would be safe from adding more games to my backlog. I WAS WRONG!

Let's just add South Park The Stick of Truth, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Skyrim, Luigi's Mansion, and Yakuza 0 to the list.

I was already going to add Luigi's Mansion to the list since my boyfriend preordered it for me, but the others I didn't expect. I wouldn't have gotten them if I wasn't going to get a good deal on them. I would also add Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to the list if it wasn't still at it's starting price.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Recently beat:

Learn Japanese to Survive! Hiragana Battle
Learn Japanese to Survive! Katakana War

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 50 games)

Currently playing:

Learn Japanese to Survive Kanji Combat

One of the Steam games I've had my eye on is coming to the Nintendo Switch on October 18th. It's called WILL: A Wonderful World. It'll be at a reduced price for a week as well.

Games I have pre-ordered:

Death Mark (releases October 31 2018)
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (November 16 2018)
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (January 11th 2019)
Yo-Kai Watch 3 (February 8th 2019)
Steins;Gate Elite (February 16th, 2019)
Yoshi's Crafted World (Spring 2019)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)
Animal Crossing Switch (2019)

Games I'm thinking about pre-ordering:

Song of Memories (But I heard there's some pretty adult content in there.)

Games I want:

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Town of Light Deluxe Edition
Little Dragons Cafe
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote: One of the Steam games I've had my eye on is coming to the Nintendo Switch on October 18th. It's called WILL: A Wonderful World. It'll be at a reduced price for a week as well.
Just to clarify, it's the Steam game which will be on sale or the Switch ver? Or both? I've been eyeing this game as well, but I wanted to buy it on sale haha

I finished the main story for Layton's Mystery Journey, so that's one game off my backlog~ It was very satisfying c: I want to finish all the other mini games, but I'll probably go through them while waiting in line or something similar irl.

I originally wanted to play it alongside Trio as a distraction from the routine, but it was so charming I found myself playing it more than Trio haha orz;; It's just... I need to be in Fall in Trio to finally complete the S rank tasks for Westown but I'm still half a season away, and I have nothing much to do or look forward to. I don't want to just sleep until Fall comes around, so lately I've been finding myself bored with the game D:

But! I'll do my best to finish it soon. I plan to do my second playthrough of FE:A as well; I'll focus on getting all the kids this time.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just a warning for you guys who are looking at WILL...it's quite violent and disturbing in some routes, with torture, mutilation, and non-consensual stuff. It looks like most people think it's a great game anyway but those sensitive to any of that kind of content seem to have been startled by just how dark it got in some routes.

I'd expect it's only the Steam version on sale, but I don't actually know.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getting a little worried. None of the Kairosoft trio of games released on the Canadian eShop (I wanted Dungeon Village!) and now Valkyria Chronicles isn't in the coming soon section despite releasing in 2 days.

The thing about the Kairosoft games is they're listed on the online store as released, but you can't purchase them there. What is going on? D:
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the heads up Kikki. At least I know what I should expect. As long as it's not too visual, I think I can handle it, knowing that the game can get dark. I hope there's a happy ending at least, or else playing it might get depressing.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:Thanks for the heads up Kikki. At least I know what I should expect. As long as it's not too visual, I think I can handle it, knowing that the game can get dark. I hope there's a happy ending at least, or else playing it might get depressing.
I'm not sure how visual it is; some of the reviewers seemed to be saying it was rather graphic, and others didn't mention that, so I'm not sure.

These don't have story spoilers but do give an idea of what you'll run into: One review, another review.

However, this is the Steam page for WILL, and as you can see, most of the reviews are quite positive. Hopefully everyone interested in the game can get a good idea of what the game will be so they can decide if they want it or not. I'm super sensitive to disturbing scenes, even if they're not depicted with images (I don't know if any of it is or not) so I'm opting out, myself. Even though the gameplay part looks really good...I wouldn't be able to take so many icky ending possibilities.

EDIT: For purposes of straightening my memory out, this is my Switch wishlist. I'm in doubt about almost all of them which is why most have been on my list for a long time already, due to my narrow tastes. But I'm keeping them on my list anyway since they all look interesting. If anyone has already played these, I'm interested in hearing about it :)
Spoiler:
  • Moon Hunters
  • Typoman
  • Never Stop Sneakin'
  • Earthlock
  • A Normal Lost Phone
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Last Day of June
  • Night in the Woods
  • Atelier Lydie & Suelle
  • Neo ATLAS 1469
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - Royal Edition
  • Light of Hope
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Defoliation
  • ICEY
  • Morphite
  • Air Mail
  • Anima: Gate of Memories
  • Anima: Gate of Memories - The Namless Chronicles
  • SubaraCity (I already own this on 3DS but it's a great time filler, wouldn't mind having it on Switch, too.)
  • My Farm
  • Wandersong (saw that the folks here who played it really liked it)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Madorica Real Estate
  • Tricky Towers
  • Disgaea 1 Complete
  • The World Ends With You: Final Remix
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I'm still on vacation and I managed to beat Stick of Truth, Fractured But Whole, and Luigi's Mansion. I'm moving on to Skyrim. I will be back around Pokemon's release.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I just got TWEWY and XC2: Torna the other day!

Pointing the joycons for TWEWY is kinda frustrating so far, but it's probably because my Switch is way off to the side. I haven't played enough to form any kind of real opinion yet, but the music is pretty good!

Speaking of music, Torna's is amazing but that's no suprise.

I keep getting distracted by mobile games, so progress will probably be slow as always for me...although hopefully I can beat one of them before I get my hands on DQ or YS.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got Valkyria Chronicles and I'm loving it so far. Gonna shelve Hollow Knight and Fossil Hunters for awhile and devote my gaming time to it. I'm gonna try to get it finished before November 16th (Pokemon day). I don't mind putting off Hollow Knight and Fossil Hunters because they're very easy to leave and come back to whenever, but I will be back to them.

October 30th has both Yomawari Long Night and Save me Mr. Tako!, but I most likely won't be starting them right away, but we'll see!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ahhh, everyone's making progress. Good for you guys :) Me, I'm totally stuck at the moment. DQXI had started to get interesting, but I simply can't deal with the tedium of the battle system, so it's been struck off my list in favour of giving it to my sister. I did finish Shibuya Scramble this month, at least...but as for Valthirian Arc...meh. I don't hate it, but there's also nothing particularly compelling about it. I'm not curious about how the light story thread continues or concludes, and building the school isn't that interesting to me since there's no individuality to it. It's something I'm going to have to force myself to pick up again with willpower, since there's no desire there to make me reach for my Switch.

Instead, I continued playing that BotW file I started to try that little self-challenge of defeating every enemy on the Great Plateau before jumping off into the rest of the world. Doing so was surprisingly easy, and then I just kept playing, because even just wandering around in BotW is diverting. Even now I keep finding treasure chests I never did before.

Just gotta bite the bullet and start on Valthirian Arc again. It's not like I hate it. But my sister is so obsessed with Trio now that I finally got her to try it properly, it's making me want to pick it up for a 6th playthrough. Which I know would be pointless because at this point I've worn that game out, but still, the idea is very tempting, while the idea of picking VA back up again isn't. I don't think I'll be able to finish it within October.

EDIT: Had been wanting Deiland for a while...and when I saw it today it was 30% off. So I bought it. Yep. (It was only $20 to begin with anyway.)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Recently beat:

None

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 50 games)

Currently playing:

Learn Japanese to Survive Kanji Combat

Games I have pre-ordered:

Death Mark (releases October 31 2018)
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (November 16 2018)
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (January 11th 2019)
Yo-Kai Watch 3 (February 8th 2019)
Steins;Gate Elite (February 16th, 2019)
Yoshi's Crafted World (Spring 2019)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)
Animal Crossing Switch (2019)

Games I'm thinking about pre-ordering:

Song of Memories (But I heard there's some pretty adult content in there.)

Games I want:

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Town of Light Deluxe Edition
Little Dragons Cafe

I got WILL: A Wonderful World on the Nintendo Switch today. It is indeed being sold at a reduced price for $12. I hope I enjoy it. I never played it before.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Spoiler:
  • Night in the Woods
  • Atelier Lydie & Suelle
  • Neo ATLAS 1469
  • Light of Hope
  • Disgaea 1 Complete
Alright, Kiki, i've played a few of these.
Spoiler:
Night in the Woods is a side scrolling story based game. There's some optional platforming, but the game is mostly talking to NPCs and making dialog options. There's some branching paths in deciding which of your friends to hang out with, but the ending is more or less the same. I enjoyed it a lot, the story intriguing, the characters lovably quirky, and the soundtrack pops up in my head pretty often.

While I do have a bias with Atelier Lydie & Suelle, it is a nice laidback JRPG. The series prides itself on making their focus more down to earth, and this entry is no different. You'll play as twins trying to make their alchemy atelier the best in the kingdom, even though they have sub par skills and their dad keeps spending all their money! >:0
Characters from the previous two entries (Sophie and Firis) make up your party, but you don't need to know anything about the previous two games to enjoy this one. There's a lot of little references in the cutscenes, but nothing disengaging (besides one optional story that ties up two character's stories that have been spanning over the trilogy). The gameplay is fun (especially the battle system once you get a full party), music is great, and the characters are very charming.

I did a small review of Neo ATLAS 1469 right here:

Light of Hope is, uh, well it's alright. It's fairly short (I clocked 15 hours for story + marriage) and doesn't do too much new with the farming game formula. Also, I feel like the DLC should have been in the base game (mainly the outfits, and house customization) as most similar games have these features by default now. I can't really recommend the game at all, but if it goes cheap enough and you're still intrigued, then maybe go for it?

Now, I haven't played Disgaea 1 Complete, but I have played the DS version of Disgaea as well as Disgaea 2 and 5. The Disgaea series is all about customization (numbers party members, ect), zany characters and stories (with some occasional gut punches), and breaking the game. The turn based strategy is simple enough to understand on the surface, but the deeper you delve into the systems of the game, the more you can bend things to your whims or just break the game in its entirety. Disgaea 1 is not my favourite in the series, mainly because I'm not overly fond of the MC and the setting, but it is a lot of fun if you have the time to devote to it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Their dad keeps spending their money?! Jeepers, that's a rotten dad. I know a dad like that (not mine.) That makes me want to hurry and make those cute girls some money their dad can't steal, lol.

I once tried a Disgaea demo, but I don't remember which game it was of. (It wasn't very interesting...I think they were trying to be funny in some cases, but it fell flat for me.) I used to have a friend who was absolutely crazy about it, though.

That's a pretty thorough explanation of what kind of game Neo Atlas is. And I've pretty much decided that Light of Hope is only a purchase for me if it goes on a really good sale because even if it's mediocre, I simply like digital farming. But not enough to pay regular game prices for it.

Is Night in the Woods the game where the MC is having some sort of existential crisis?

Thanks Bluie :) That was lots of info!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

He's a painter and spends all the money they earn on more paint! Sometimes he sell them, sometimes he doesn't! And trust me, they voice their complaints and remind him how awful he is pretty often. It's pretty much played for laughs and there's even an ending tied to having a lot of money, so you can get the girls some fat stacks!

Disgaea's humour is very hit or miss with people. The 4th wall doesn't exist, character quirks are turned up to 1000, and it hardly ever takes itself seriously. Disgaea 2 (which is my favourite in the series) even has a section where the main character from the first game gets mad he's not the MC anymore, fights the current MC, loses, and then gets a fully animated cutscene out of pity because everyone feels bad for him. Stuff like that lol.

Night in the Woods follows a college dropout who returns to her old town. She catches up with her family and friends, mills about the town aimlessly, and is plagued my strange nightmares. The more you play, more happens in the town, and the story kicks off into something deeper. The MC is very quirky and has a lot of problems to work through, as does everyone else around her.