The next Nintendo Direct (EDIT: Nintendo Direct Feb 13th!)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Out of curiosity, if anybody knows...has Nintendo ever featured Animal Crossing at an E3? Not that the series isn't huge, it's just not what I picture when I think "tent pole" Nintendo. I honestly can't remember what the theme for last year's E3 booth was, but if I had to guess Pokemon will take that slot this year.

It's been so long since we've gotten an AC game I'm not sure how it fits into their news cycle. :? Can't quite figure out what I'm expecting for tomorrow.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

New Leaf was shown at E3 2011. I didn't watch it then but I know the trailer came from E3, or so the videos are labelled...not sure how much else was shown. Wild World was also shown in a trailer at E3 2005, afaik (though it was announced at the 2004 E3.) I think City Folk was also shown in 2008. Basically I think they all get a trailer. Not sure how much more than just a trailer, though...I suspect they talked about if after showing the trailer, but I dunno.

Though if your question is specifically if AC has ever been a major feature of a Nintendo E3 campaign, then...I don't think it has. You could talk a fair while about what you can do in an AC game, but you can't have competitions or show fast-paced, flashy videos of it. After all, it's a super chill game about hanging around your town with a bunch of animals...I don't think they could ever show it off in the same way that they did Smash, for example.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Oh, I meant specifically a major feature at E3 - like how they've themed their booth after Mario and Zelda in the past, and then had a LOT of coverage of that game. I could be dead wrong, but I feel like a Mario, Zelda, or a Pokemon game would be much more likely to sell itself...so I'd like to see them go the New Leaf route of releasing right before E3 and using it to push the game. :lol: Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

We shall see, I suppose. I think I'll be happy if this direct is similar to the last one...a little more "something for everyone".
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I honestly think that they're going to feature Animal Crossing at E3 this year, so I actually don't think it's going to get a major spot in this Direct. (Not that it couldn't!) I just hope they tell us SOMEthing. Anything would be enough to keep me from feeling disappointed. I'm not expecting details about how the town will run or anything, as I think we'll get that either in a dedicated direct or at E3, but I'd love a title and a release window (or actual date). And even a ten to thirty second video clip! I'm really not asking for the world, I don't think. I normally don't pin any hopes on NDs, but I really do want them to tell us something, even if it were just to 'wait until E3!' or 'look forward to our next Direct when we'll tell you all about Animal Crossing!'

I just want to hear something definite, even if that definite thing is only a referral to information coming at a later date. Well...it's all speculation right now, but...on this count, I dare to hope. (Though the rest of my wishlist is basically a big pipe dream and I don't expect to see any of them, I'd just LIKE to. Let's throw a look at RF5 in there too, while we're being unrealistic!)

It's less than 24 hours away, now, so let's see what we get! :)
Mm, an E3 presentation does make sense.
While Animal Crossing isn't a fast-paced game with lots of action, it is undoubtedly one of Nintendos biggest and most crowd-pleasing franchises, I'd think. Everyone in my family who plays any video games at all loves it, at least. :lol:
A quick sneak peek would be wonderful! I'd love more time dedicated to it of course, but I agree that the bulk of the information we get will probably be further down the line.
(Oh, I would flip if we saw RF5, lol.)
seachel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

For WiiU ports, some of the last few I want would be XCX and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I did try the WiiU version of XCX but never could get into it. I want to give it another try and really think I could get into it if it was handheld. Tokyo Mirage Sessions really deserves another chance on a non-dead platform. It's a really good game and has potential for a sequel(s) imo.

A lot of the games I wish to see are similar to Kikki's earlier post. FE:3 houses (which is a lock!), My Time in Portia and Mineko's Market release date, Dragon Quest Builder's 2, any news on DQVI Switch, Pokemon (though unlikely since the news usually comes in a separate Pokemon Direct), Luigi's Mansion 3.. well I'm sure there are others I'm missing out. But of course most importantly, I'm hoping for Animal Crossing news! I'm skeptical about AC news coming out tomorrow though.. I feel that Nintendo will only reveal the title and gameplay during E3 and a release date in fall or winter 2019 but I'm still hoping... I know a lot of people including myself will be disappointed if there is no news at all about AC tomorrow.

There was some rumors of a 2D/multiplayer Zelda too and I'd be all over that. I loved tri-force heroes and ALBTW on 3DS. Oh and though highly unlikely, a new Bokumono announcement in the JP Direct would be amazing. I doubt it would happen though but Direct speculations are the stuff of (sometimes) unrealistic hopes and dreams.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Hoping for the new Animal Crossing and Pokemon here! I really doubt Bokumono will be there but let's wait and see.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

30 MORE MINUTES GUYS, GET READY!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll update the original post with the full roster of games covered once the Direct is over. Starting with Mario Maker 2 for June seems good...

OMG I'm so busy updating the post but you guys...RUNE FACTORY 5 on top of RF4 remasterd for Switch!
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

*SQUEALS LIKE A MANIAC!!!!!*
Spoiler:
RUNE FACTORY 5 CONFIRMED!!!!
And RUNE FACTORY 4 REMASTERED!!!!!

OMGDKDAGXFKFHXHVDJAHKIG!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHGH
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I wasn't paying attention and got sucker punched by that announcement lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I actually screamed. I've never done that before. At least, not unless I was scared, lol. But I choked on it because I gasped at the same time..
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So excited for RF5, I liked RF4 a lot but tbh I didn't like any of the bachelors so hopefully I'm luckier this time LOL. Also kinda hope they make the farming a bit more fun. I know that's not the whole focus but...still.

Haha I screamed too. THEY PULLED THE SAME THING AS THAT ANIMAL CROSSING THING BEFORE with Isabella joining Smash and then the new AC news... So cruel. xD; Got us twice...
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

OH MY GOOOOSH
I said I would flip if they showed RF5, and I did.

I'm not sure what to think of FE just yet!! So much to process OMG!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Woah, I didn't see that one coming. Rune Factory 5 is probably the focus currently for Marvelous which means Bokumono for Switch is most likely to be just in its ideas/planning phase atm or hold on tbh.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Okay wow. Animal Crossing was the only thing I wanted out of that...and I was not disappointed. :lol: Except with chat...stream chat was trash.

Exactly as I said yesterday. Something for everyone! HOLY COW!

I kind of screamed at the Link's Awakening remake, haha. Rune Factory 5 was a close second though.

Was I the only person who thought Psycho Pass when they started showing that Platinum game? That one looks kind of awesome too.