The next Nintendo Direct (EDIT: Nintendo Direct Feb 13th!)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

WELL, that was quite a direct! Some bite sized thoughts on what interested me:

-Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Dragon Quest 11 were both great to see

-While I don't see myself playing Rune Factory 4 again, RUNE FACTORY 5 HYYYYPE

-As someone who like Tokyo RPG Factory's games, Oninaki has caught my eye

-Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem.

-Hey, Deltarune! Nice! (great trailer as always)

-I think i'll give that DaemonXMachina demo a try!

-Final Fantasy 9 is out today! A great excuse to buy it again for the 20th time!

-Astral Chain looks bonkers. I'm in.

-LEGEND OF ZELDA LINK'S AWAKENING!? WHAAAAAAAAAA.
Last edited by Bluie on Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey is there a video link? I’m on my phone and really lazy.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whoa, that was quite the Direct! THe only thing I REALLY wanted, I didn't get, but...holy cow. I've added a list of every game mentioned in this direct (with links where possible) to the original post, if anyone wants them. That was a lot of great stuff! And so many dates! We have a date for DQB2, as well! I now have to admit I think the leaked September 13th date for Animal Crossing may be real, as if they were gonna release it when I thought (around June) then I'm sure they would have given it a mention.

My throat still hurts from the RF5 announcement, lol. I swear that grabbed me by the chest. I was amazed at a remaster of RF4 (will DEFINITELY buy and replay like crazy) but RF5 was just...whoa. Link's Awakening was a stunner. Boy is it ever cute...
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I may or may not have screeched from excitement over Rune Factory 4 and 5! Definitely a rebuy for me for RF4! Fire Emblem looks amazing! FF9! Link's Awakening! AHHHHHHH!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Link's Awakening was a stunner. Boy is it ever cute...
RIGHT??? Look how chibi he isssss!
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Most exciting thing for me is RF5. Also super happy about Link's Awakening and DQB2. I'm still interested in FE, but...it doesn't really have me all excited anymore honestly.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like the only game I’ll be looking at is RF 5 xD
wombythewombat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Did anyone see the strange Story of Seasons announcement from the Japanese Direct?

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/182789742549

I don't understand Japanese (just saw the tweet from Japanese Nintendo) so I don't know if it specifically mentions it's an offshoot like Popolocrois but woof I hope it's just a random one-off and not meant to be the next mainline entry because, speaking for myself, no thank you.

Even if it is the next mainline Story of Seasons game though I suppose I'll survive now that RF5 has been announced. :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The voice and character model for Link's Awakening is DEFINITELY based on ALBW, but is it me or does the world look sort of...papercraft? I have no idea how they actually modeled it, it looks amazing though.

I freaked out when I saw Link's boot in that opening cutscene. I'll have to go back and watch the trailer...they didn't show Marin, did they? :o Gonna havta go check.

Edit: THEY DID. SHE'S SO ADORABLE. :heart:
Last edited by Mikodesu on Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

wombythewombat wrote:Did anyone see the strange Story of Seasons announcement from the Japanese Direct?

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/182789742549

I don't understand Japanese (just saw the tweet from Japanese Nintendo) so I don't know if it specifically mentions it's an offshoot like Popolocrois but woof I hope it's just a random one-off and not meant to be the next mainline entry because, speaking for myself, no thank you.

Even if it is the next mainline Story of Seasons game though I suppose I'll survive now that RF5 has been announced. :)
It's not a mainline game. Doremon is a beloved mascot in Japan, so this is just another spinoff.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Um...Doraemon X Story of Seasons? Weird! Dunno what to think. If it's like Popolocrois, then I must admit I'm not interested. But if it leans more to Story of Seasons, then count me in.

EDIT: So how did y'all like the Fire Emblem news? Any good? (PS: I didn't actually get to SEE this direct, lol...I was typing and linking everything as the Direct played, so I only HEARD most of it, except for a glance here and there. I think I've sprained my fingers. This is like the internet version of ridiculous hysteria: hand cramps from excessively excited typing.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Um...Doraemon X Story of Seasons? Weird! Dunno what to think. If it's like Popolocrois, then I must admit I'm not interested. But if it leans more to Story of Seasons, then count me in.
Why do I have a feeling that this is not what we’re looking for and it’s just like Popolocrois?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think that's the case too, Shan...though I will certainly be looking into it. And hey, Bokumono PR tweeted a release date for RF4 Remastered: July 25. (That's in Japan, anyway.)

Aaaand...there's already a RF5 official site. Dunno what's there yet, though. My browser loads a blank screen. The RF4 Switch site loads though.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Overall, i'm pleased with the Fire Emblem news. It looks good, sounds good, and I'm looking forward to learning more. I love that you choose one of the houses, it'll be great for replayability. I also looove how the female avatar looks.

For those of us who just wanted the FE news, here's the segment:

Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

*crawls into the thread*.....
Going in, all I wanted was Fire Emblem... Coming out, all I care about is RF5.... Best Direct ever.... I am exhausted....
Oh but yeah Fire Emblem news was good and Dragon Quest Builders 2, and Daemon x Machina. And that chain thing?? Astral Chain?? For a moment I thought it might've been Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 lmao that would have been wild. ANYWAY IDC RF5 IS COMING AND I CAN DIE HAPPY.