The next Nintendo Direct (EDIT: Nintendo Direct Feb 13th!)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Site was blank for a bit but now it says release date is 2020 for RF5.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I think that's the case too, Shan...though I will certainly be looking into it. And hey, Bokumono PR tweeted a release date for RF4 Remastered: July 25. (That's in Japan, anyway.)

Aaaand...there's already a RF5 official site. Dunno what's there yet, though. My browser loads a blank screen.
The RF5 website is just a moving image with the name of the game on it; there's nothing there...yet!

Hopefully with a release fo July 25, 2019 in Japan we won't be too far off from getting it. I am tempted to make a Japanese account solely for getting the game early, but I won't understand it. And now my time is going to be spent beating the only 2 RF games I have left instead of working on the games I wanted to finish before.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Lin, Ronin :) 2020...not even horribly far off! I'm exhausted, lol. (Too much excitement in one go.)
Ehppy wrote:*crawls into the thread*.....
Going in, all I wanted was Fire Emblem... Coming out, all I care about is RF5.... Best Direct ever.... I am exhausted....
Oh but yeah Fire Emblem news was good and Dragon Quest Builders 2, and Daemon x Machina. And that chain thing?? Astral Chain?? For a moment I thought it might've been Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 lmao that would have been wild. ANYWAY IDC RF5 IS COMING AND I CAN DIE HAPPY.
I had a moment where I thought the exact same thing, Ehppy! :D I'm happy it's not because the look/feel is not quite in keeping with Xenoblade, but it does have some of that feeling. Definitely gonna be looking into that one when more info is out.

If they'd shown Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons, and Xenoblade TOO, I think it might have killed me, lol.
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

RUNE FACTORY 5!!!!!!!

*splodes in glee*
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Astral Chain looks like a ton of fun. Platinum makes good games, so i'm 100% in. I predict this fall is going to be crazy for games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
Kikki wrote:I think that's the case too, Shan...though I will certainly be looking into it. And hey, Bokumono PR tweeted a release date for RF4 Remastered: July 25. (That's in Japan, anyway.)

Aaaand...there's already a RF5 official site. Dunno what's there yet, though. My browser loads a blank screen.
The RF5 website is just a moving image with the name of the game on it; there's nothing there...yet!

Hopefully with a release fo July 25, 2019 in Japan we won't be too far off from getting it. I am tempted to make a Japanese account solely for getting the game early, but I won't understand it. And now my time is going to be spent beating the only 2 RF games I have left instead of working on the games I wanted to finish before.
They showed quite a bit of English footage for RF4 Special (couldn’t tell off the top of my head if it was new text or from the regular RF4) , maybe XSeed has been working on translating it during development and we’ll either get a simultaneous release or just have a few extra months before we get it! Especially if there’s not a WHOLE lot of new content since they would have already translated the core game.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: I had a moment where I thought the exact same thing, Ehppy! :D I'm happy it's not because the look/feel is not quite in keeping with Xenoblade, but it does have some of that feeling. Definitely gonna be looking into that one when more info is out.

If they'd shown Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons, and Xenoblade TOO, I think it might have killed me, lol.

It did! But I agree and I'm kinda glad it's not XCX2 as well. Similar vibes but it looked a little too tech-y to me. XCX is equally futuristic and fantasy in my mind and I woulda been sad if they ditched the fantasy element completely. Which reminds me I really need to go back and beat XCX sometime. I got so far, and I truly love that game.

Absolutely. I've already got a sore throat after screaming over RF5, so maybe it's for the best they didn't show AC, SoS, or Xenoblade... We'll hear about them when they are ready, I'm sure. If RF5 was the only thing they showed I would have been satisfied. :heart: I'm just... Ahhh!! I was already saying aloud that I would buy the RF4 remaster just to prove to Marvelous that people want RF5, and then the "That's not all..." My heart. Oh my goodness.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:

They showed quite a bit of English footage for RF4 Special (couldn’t tell off the top of my head if it was new text or from the regular RF4) , maybe XSeed has been working on translating it during development and we’ll either get a simultaneous release or just have a few extra months before we get it! Especially if there’s not a WHOLE lot of new content since they would have already translated the core game.
Yeah, it probably won't be too far off from the Japanese release, maybe a September release if we're lucky, but I don't think we'll see RF5 for a year or two after the Japanese release with how we got SoS and Trio a year or so after the Japanese release.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We got a huge party going on up in the RF section RF5 thread if anyone wants to join in: https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=175057

That direct was honestly incredible for me. I shouted when I saw RF4 and RF5 announced, lol. FE, DQB2 were just the icing on the cake for me.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OH, I FORGOT SOMETHING!

The fact that they're including the 3DS sprite mode for the Switch version of Dragon Quest 11 is FANTASTIC! I love the DS trilogy and their style - so i'm really looking forward to that feature!
Genie9
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

What an amazing Direct <3

FE Three Houses looks interesting. Almost like Harry Potter meets FE ( I know HP doesn't own the House system, but since I'm a huge fan, it's hard for me not to geek out). I wasn't overly excited while watching the trailer, but it's FE. I hope marriage is cut out in this one.

Astral Chain looks amazing. Very Nier like, which I am 100% here for. Zelda got me pumped as well.

And, RF5. I can't believe it. I never thought I would see the day.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Ngl this was the first Direct I've watched :lol:

Aside from FE, Oninaki also grabbed my attention. Save dem lost souls in a pretty world!!

Maaan the Switch's graphics are fantastic. If only I had a sibling or if there was a kid in the house, buying the console would've been no question.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nintendo at E3 is gonna have some interesting stuff, dontcha think? I suspect a good handful of these games are gonna get shown, such as Astral Chain...I hope a lot of them get at least a little feature there. Though I suppose there may still be another Direct before E3. In fact I suppose it's likely? This was a very long gap between Directs...the longest we've ever had...but normally they're less than three months apart...at least one per season. In theory we're probably still due for a spring Direct.

But they showed so much this time, it's hard to imagine what is left to contrinbute to the ol' shock and awe factor. Lol.