Pokemon Direct announced

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Will there be a new gen reveal?

You may select 1 option

View results

JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

[tweet] [/tweet]
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's a new gen reveal w/o a doubt. It was teased as early as two years ago and they lowkey confirmed it a year ago after LGPE was announced.

Can't wait for Legend of Gen 8: Pokemon of the Wild open world.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*Scream*
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A 7 minute Direct? That's really unusual. I wonder if they decided to do it on shorter notice than usual, or something...or if it would have been part of the last Direct but they wanted to give it more focus and not mix it in with other announcements or overshadow Three Houses or something.

Congrats to you guys who are thrilled with this, anyway. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's probably literally gonna be a trailer for the new game and then Junichi Masuda talking about it briefly. Maaaybe a release date.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Oh boy Pokemon Company doing their own thing again. Strange that I didn't even see this on Twitter yet. I just wonder what they'll fill the entire time slot with...Do they reveal the Gen 8 location? The starters? Do they try to push the Detective Pikachu movie? :lol:

Maybe all of the above. I think we're guaranteed SOME nugget on the new game at least.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ohh!!! Oh!

I am expecting mostly what Bluie said. We'll probably get a trailer and some talking. Tomorrow is Pokemon Day I believe, so there were whispers of an announcement but I'm always very cautiously optimistic... I'm all excited now.

Yikes and I thought I got up early today. I'm gonna have to get up at least two hours earlier to catch this one. :lol:
But I will do it because I don't care about sleep when it comes to these sorts of things, apparently.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Excite!!

Let's see if this game will make me buy a Switch and broke this year
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

^Same here. I've been pretty good with resisting so far. If any more games catch my eye (like RF5 did) I'm likely to get one. Though with Pokemon, it all depends on the eeveelutions. If there's a new one, I won't be able to resist for too long. :/
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh no I love them. :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What about Animal Crossing, Lenna? That's a for-sure, this year. Not your thing?

So...Pokemon fans...how did you like this Direct? I thought the world looked lovely, but I've never played Pokemon so I'm not sure how to judge the rest. I thought the starter Pokemon looked pretty okay... And Pokemon 'Sword' and Pokemon 'Shield' are kind of interesting for the two version names.
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 27, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Not too psyched about the title names but other than that, it looked pretty cool :o
Normally I go for the fire type for my starter (except for last time and possibly this thin; we’ll see) but this time I think I might go for the water type. I like lizards but I also like the bunny hmmm, decisions~
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everything is so colourful and vibrant! :heart:
Genie9
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The title names are interesting...

The world looked absolutely beautiful though. My friends and I were talking about how the game might be based in Italy, which was the vibe we were getting from the countryside shots.

As for starters, I am fire biased, so Scorchbunny it is.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Were those starter pokemon new types? I don't recognize them, but since it's me who's talking, that doesn't mean much. I've waited for years for a Pokemon game to really grab me, to make me sure I wanted to go ahead and try it, and that world looks beautiful, so that's a big plus. Though I'm not sold, yet, though. I can't really be carried through a whole game on just collecting and fighting...I'd need a story to chase, for motivation.