Any recommendation of games for a Grandma? :)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hi there folks! ^_^ I'm thinking about teaching my Grandma how to Play Video Games... :) :P She is in her 70s... Her Doctor said she is suffering from some Problems that is reducing her Brain Mass every passing Day and she needs something to help Stimulate the Brain... :(

I'm thinking about giving her one of my PS1s... ^_^ I have various of them... Or maybe a PS2 since i also have many of them... Cell Phone Games could be Good for her too since she has a Cell Phone... Of course i will also let her Play with my Consoles when she is at my House too... :P :lol: :)

I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox360 available for her to Play here at my Home with me plus DS, 3DS, PSP and Vita for Portables... But i would like to Focus on PS1, PS2 and Cell Phone Games at the Moment since these are the ones she could take with her Home... ^_^ Good thing i have many Spare Consoles... They are useful at Times like these...! :D :3 ^_^

I will definitely show her some Harvest Moons... :P :lol:
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The first game that came to my mind was Animal Crossing, it's usually well-loved by people of all ages. Also a DS can be found for very cheap these days and it might be easier for her to have a handheld system she can play anywhere, even in bed!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You could try Brain Age, but it's tough. I mean, it's simple, but very demanding of your active memory! But yeah, Animal Crossing is a peaceful, nice game to try, lots to collect and do :)
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Puzzle games are definitely the best for mental stimulation. Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing certainly keep you busy, but they don't quite challenge you and actively make you think the same way puzzles do. I still think she would definitely get some mental stimulation from our favorites, of course, but nothing can quite beat a good puzzle game for good old brain exercise. Or puzzles in general, like crosswords, sudoku, etc.
Last edited by ryume on Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

After suffering a bad concussion I used Sudoku puzzles to help get myself back to as close to 100% as possible. So now I still go back to it often to keep myself feeling focused.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

While we're on the topic of puzzle games, some scientific studies have found a link between playing Tetris and increased brain efficiency (and even a thicker cortex!). Plus it's available on every platform imaginable.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Music related games are the only other thing I could suggest. I would need somebody to jump in on specific titles though.

Recent studies are showing that music is really good for people suffering from memory loss. It might be dependent on your grandma's music tastes though. But a simple rhythm game might be fun?
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Skyrim.