Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JustABeautifulGuy wrote:
cinnamon_yuki wrote:I wonder how they redesigned Kai. Looking forward to pairing him up again with my MC. :D
I do hope they don't do much for Kai. I think he looks fine the way he currently is.

Only bachelor I hope they tweak is the Doctor. I like his design overall but something is def missing. He needs a little tweaking especially on the brows side. I mean look at it yourself...
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Imo the left is perfect. He's got great brows.

I remember liking the MT remixed designs from IoH/SI.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not sure how I feel about the new graphics/designs/promise of new marriage candidates, but I'm still so freakin' excited about this news. I haven't been this invested in HM content in years. It actually made me post again after a million moons.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I don't really mind the redesigns, but wow they've changed Carter so much! And Harris looks more like his dad now haha

So.. no trans of the scan yet right? I'm reaaally curious if we're getting alt MCs (the ones in yellow jackets)
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Here's footage.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, cool, so glad they got that up so soon. The crop fields still look pretty bad to me, as does any part where they are indoors, for some reaosn, but the parts where the MC is running through town look quite good. Sort of Fantasy Life-ish. Not blurry, for one thing...much crisper and maybe with better dimension, too. :)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The gameplay looks nice! Kappa's got a cappa now.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Oh my « Harvest Goddess », the Mayor's redesign made me laugh! :lol: Ah, it does look better in motion but this confirms that it's more of a 1 to 1 remake than I originally thought it might be. I saw horse racing and the old mines back. I'm happy that the mines are back honestly. They were a good source of income on rainy/snowy days. Just uh... Maybe tone down the hurricanes and maybe give us something to grow in Winter? I suppose livestock can get you through winter money-wise but I would like some new stuff to grow.

Oh, and I will echo the sentiment of please leave Allen in ANB. If it has to be a returning candidate, I'd prefer someone from the Island games like Will returning but I'd really prefer new characters.

Edit: And oh my « Harvest Goddess » they made the Kappa look less like a swamp monster. What's next? Gourmet actually being Pierre?!
Last edited by Night Owl on Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

^ Are they actually bringing back Kappa as a bachlor? :lol: I kinda felt like it wouldn't happen... But they made him kind of a bishie lmao. And in those clips, they have Pete talking to the Harvest Goddess, but Claire talking to Kappa. Probably a total coincidence, buuut...

Also I just think it looks really cute! I'm really excited for this tbh.
And Mayor Thomas is surprisingly just... adorable.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

« Harvest Goddess » the Mayor looks creepy XD. He looks so bug eyed XD. LOL. Also, Ann is a dress? I'm seriously hoping they didn't make her another girly girl. And a pink cow? And I thought I saw it all XD. And it appears, the guy walking behind Ann is likely Grey, so no more hat it seems which is sad. I agree that the crops look weird and so do the Chbi sprites, but I do think it looks okay. Also, glad to see Kai is tan still (least they didn't take that away).
Last edited by infel on Jul 03, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bokumono PR has a poll going that anyone who can read Japanese will be able to take part in...it seems to be something about...naming a Gerbera?...so for those of you who can, here it is:
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I know google translate is far from perfect but its interesting to hear what the Japanese fans are saying. Sounds like they're a little conflicted as well.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

The trailer looks much better than the screen shots. Still, I have to say I'm more excited for the Doraemon crossover. I don't know if I want to invest hundreds of precious hours in replaying an HM/SoS game when there are still so many of them I've never played at all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:I know google translate is far from perfect but its interesting to hear what the Japanese fans are saying. Sounds like they're a little conflicted as well.
Yeah, it seems like their reactions are about the same as ours, overall...some super happy and YAY, others very ??? about the art style, and others outright derisive of it. Well, as far as I could tell from a translation, anyway. That's great, though, imo...if they feel the same way we do, then that's more likely to impact Marvelous. I want the game to be successful since I don't want Marvelous ever going out of business, but I would like them to know how we feel, too, so they can take it into account going forward. :)

Still some things I think look AWFUL, but I also saw bits that I thought were really quite nice. I might upgrade my overall opinion of the game's appearance by one level :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow this is awesome.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:I know google translate is far from perfect but its interesting to hear what the Japanese fans are saying. Sounds like they're a little conflicted as well.
The first reply I saw was “« What The Eggplant » did you do to Karen!?”

Then “oh nooo, Carter...”

“Awesome, a remake! But I wish they didn’t change the character designs like that..” (there are a lot of responses along these lines”

“Was it too hard to match graphics quality w/Doraemon?”

Also a lot of speculation about this being the first in a series of remakes which has some mixed feelings too.