SoS FoMT: Character news and update.

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To keep track of the characters we already have and more to come I’ll update this. Help is appreciated. With the other thread getting crowded I thought it’d be easier to keep everything in one place.
CHARACTERS:
MCs:

Male MC 1:

Male MC 2:

Female MC 1:

Female MC 2:

Bachelors:

The 6 bachelor lineup:
Spoiler:
Brandon:
Spoiler:
Cliff;
Spoiler:
Doctor:
Spoiler:
Gray:
Spoiler:
Kai:
Spoiler:
Rick:
Spoiler:
Bachelorettes:

The 6 bachelorette line up:
Spoiler:
Ann:
Spoiler:
Elli:
Spoiler:
Jennifer:
Spoiler:
Karen:
Spoiler:
Mary:
Spoiler:
Popuri:
Spoiler:
Special marriage candidates:

Gourmet:
Spoiler:
Harvest Goddess:
Spoiler:

Kappa:
Spoiler:
Won:
Spoiler:
Villagers:

Barley:
Spoiler:
Carter:
Spoiler:
Harris:
Spoiler:
Harvest Sprites:
Spoiler:
Jeff:
Spoiler:
Lillia:
Spoiler:
May:
Spoiler:
Mayor Tomas:
Spoiler:

Sasha:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Shan O 123 on Sep 26, 2019 11:30 am, edited 31 times in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll try to send you some images in the next hour or two, Shan. :) I like keeping separate threads...easy to keep track of what's going on than when we only have one monster general discussion thread.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay everything that has been given to me is up. Thank you Kiki!!
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I figure I'll throw some translations out...

Cliff
"I'm thinking about what I'm going to do from now on in this town. I haven't come up with any kind of goals yet."
A traveler staying in town. He's always going to church, repenting for something. What could be the reason behind his brooding expression...?

Rick
"The chickens are doing well again today!"
A boy who runs the chicken farm in his sick mother's stead. He is a bit overprotective of his little sister, Popuri.

Karen
"Hmm. I'm Karen - nice to meet you."
A girl who lives with her parents, who run the general store. She is straightforward, big sister type who hates insincere jerks.* She likes to cook, but her skill leaves something to be desired...
*(Translator's note: 曲がったことが嫌い literally means "hates twisted people/things/acts", it doesn't translate well...)

Popuri
"What do you think of me? :heart: "
A girl dreaming of a fateful encounter with a handsome man. She is straightforward about her feelings, and has a bit of a spoiled side.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Emurii wrote:I figure I'll throw some translations out...
Thanks Emurii! :) I know a lot of people here have already played this and know what everything means, but I know nothing about these characters, so the little bio blurbs with quotes are nice. I like Cliff's in particular since it makes him sound mysterious and interesting. :)
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Thanks for this Shan! It's a convenient way to see everyone's new designs :)
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Well, based on the descriptions it does seem their base personalities are the same as before. At least surface-level. Well, for the ones shown. I'm more worried about Ann but yeah. :/

This should be... interesting.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's good to see that the character's personalities seem to be the same for the most part. I hope they get a ton more dialogue as opposed to the one dialogue per heart level in the original.

Male MC 2 looks like Naegi from Dangan Ronpa almost exactly. I can't stop thinking about that when I see his design
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It seems kind of odd to only show 2 bachelors/bachelorettes in each lineup when we already know who 5 of them are.

It does make me wonder who the mysterious 6th ones are though! The 6th bachelorette doesn't look like the Harvest Goddess (she's never had pants before), so I'm assuming it's someone else.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Oh I didn't notice the translations posted. Thanks Emurii!

So Karen's officially the big sister type now huh haha. It's a little weird because she's actually an only child and Elli's the one with a younger brother :)
Kikki wrote:Thanks Emurii! :) I know a lot of people here have already played this and know what everything means, but I know nothing about these characters, so the little bio blurbs with quotes are nice. I like Cliff's in particular since it makes him sound mysterious and interesting. :)
Haha I love Cliff! After my first file, I've always started a new game with the intention of marrying other bachelors, particularly Gray or Kai, but I always ended up with Cliff (happened three times). I just can't leave him alone :lol:
quigley wrote:It seems kind of odd to only show 2 bachelors/bachelorettes in each lineup when we already know who 5 of them are.
Well, there's the suspense of revealing their redesigns :)
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for making the thread, Shan! I'm excited for this. And thanks for the translations, Emurii!

I'll likely end up going for Popuri or Cliff again. I always do. But who knows, maybe the new mystery bachelor/ette will win me over!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You’re welcome. All of you lol
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm really surprised that they're not going to have the Nature Goddess, Kappa, Won, and/or Gourmet as marriage candidates. I guess it's to keep it balanced though.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:I'm really surprised that they're not going to have the Nature Goddess, Kappa, Won, and/or Gourmet as marriage candidates. I guess it's to keep it balanced though.
I could have sworn when they did announcements for ToTT in Japan, they had some bonus characters that were marriage candidates that weren't shown in the marriage candidates page, not even as placeholders, until the very very end. Maybe they are doing something similar here? (Or maybe I'm misremembering entirely. :lol: )
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem! :) It does seem like everyone's pretty consistent. I kind of hope they tone Elli down, 64!Elli is one of my top favorite bachelorettes of all time and BTN!Elli is just kind of...mean...
Pachi wrote:So Karen's officially the big sister type now huh haha. It's a little weird because she's actually an only child and Elli's the one with a younger brother :)
I think it's pretty consistent with her character previously - she acts that way with Rick a lot, too (despite the romance...).