Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:Kappa is Kamil's other form. That's what's up with the hair and hat.
Plattypus wrote:Anyone think Kappa will get an implied "hotter form" like Woofio did in Trio of Towns? If so I hope that it isn't an offscreen form... like actually give us a transformation marvelous please.

Sorry for speculating a lot, I'm just very excited and love coming up with theories.
I think the one we've seen is already his hotter form, considering what a kappa actually looks like in folklore and I don't think they're shapeshifters too haha but it's cool if he has another form!
Plattypus wrote:If anyone who has actually played MFoMT/BTN or HM64 on Cliff's "woobie" status I'd love to hear from you, I'm interested to see if he will have the same homelessness backstory with the noticeably brighter palette and art-style this games appears to have.
This is based on the character design/profile thread. For one, his sad portrait (we assume) is less sad now loll but he's still so precious :heart: (posted this a while back on this thread) Also, his backstory seems to remain the same based on the trans on the scan :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Plattypus wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:^
Does the switch already have a way where 8 people could profiles? If so then if the game already has 2 saves, 8x2 = 16
Oh I totally forgot about this. Incredible!
:lol:

Even if the game only has one save that’s still 8 chances to marry most of them.
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Kappa already was kinda weird looking, but I think he looks way worse now.He went from like a 2 to a -10 lol.
That's just me tho.
Plattypus
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay the Cliff smile montage there is really good.

Shan, I completely forget about this feature on my switch because I'm the only one who uses my console and I've never needed to use this feature for "extra saves" on any of my games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Plattypus wrote:Okay the Cliff smile montage there is really good.

Shan, I completely forget about this feature on my switch because I'm the only one who uses my console and I've never needed to use this feature for "extra saves" on any of my games.
Now you know :P
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:
KonekoChan wrote:Kappa is Kamil's other form. That's what's up with the hair and hat.
« Harvest Goddess », burn it with fire. BURN IT WITH FIRE.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:
Spoiler:
i've been replaying back to nature: for girl (one of those games ive had forever but just never completed) and i have to say cliff's woobieness is kind of adorable. as a kid i wasnt into it but it's kinda funny how he just... sits in the church and sighs with that kicked puppy look lmfao. pretty sure he regains a lot of confidence after you get him the job though?

i cant remember so much of how he was in mfomt but at least in BTN i wouldn't really classify gray as a tsundere. more like really.... really..... REALLY socially awkward. the first event with him is him seeing you, mumbling about how he thinks you're cute because he thinks youre out of earshot, and then his grandpa getting mad bc he's in lalaland over you and kicking him out, ending with him being embarrassed you saw all that and running away.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:
Pachi wrote:
« Harvest Goddess », burn it with fire. BURN IT WITH FIRE.
Aww, but I love him—/ killed I even can’t type this with a straight face omg
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

After watching videos of Gray's heart events (and everyone else's) in MFOMT it seems like he's the only one who evinces any inkling of romantic interest in MC over the course of heart events. I don't really see him as being tsundere either, just a little grumpy and awkward. In a game where so many of the events have barely any romantic element to them I can see why he became popular. I wouldn't want to marry any bachelor in the game whatsoever after what I watched. Of course I only watched the bachelors, but I did read Elli and Popuri's events and they weren't anything special.

Ford from Trio is more romantic than any of the candidates in this game and his entire personality is kind of unromantic and clinical. Speaking of Trio and Ford I hope they take a note from how heart events were done in that game. I ended up liking pretty much every candidate because their heart events and the progression of events was so enjoyable. I hope they add lots of random events to give the villagers character too. I want to know everyone's story.

I'm somewhat excited for this game now, if only because I've wanted another farming game to play on the switch. I love Stardew Valley and MTAP but don't care for either of their character artstyles and crafting in MTAP burns me out.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

a lot of the heart events in older games were kind of like that... where it felt more like you were cool buddies hanging out during the event or whatever than any actual kind of romance happening lol. it's really funny to look back at the old fomt/mfomt events and think about the characters accepting a proposal out of nowhere when you've had like.... three moments together alone. BTN for girl has been fun because it feels like the guys are at least interested but.... i also can't get their dialogue to change until an event happens so that gets boring REAL fast.

the dating system has really done a LOT for immersion as far as that goes, so i really hope they implement it. it's gotten to the point it's kind of funny to me that marriage was like SURPRISE! blue feather! before ANB.
ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

OKAY I KNOW IM LATE BUT I SAW EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS SO HI!!!

Anyways i literally yelled when i saw the news, because FoMT/MFoMT were the first HM games that i played and seeing it come back totally renewed like that is really awesome! Since they still have a bit of time to polish the game a bit more im not too worried. But The graphics honestly dont bother me. They are cute and it kind of reminds me of Grand Bazaar's graphics combined with magical melody. I love all the little screenshots, and to me, the town looks so cute.

Like just look at the crisp textures and the way the snow looks on the ground. It just looks absolutely gorgeous! I cant wait to see all of the locations like the forest and the mountains and actually get to explore them myself. Also, the UI (user interface) looks so clean too? Like, all of the icons are very nice and properly placed.
Spoiler:
I even love the crops and the way the characters look! Oh dont get me started on that new art! I really hope we can get some sort of artbook of this game cuz all of the characters look adorable. SPECIALLY CLIFF AAAAAAAAAAA. I get to marry my favorite HM husbando again!

The ONLY thing that bothers me is that the 3D chibis dont have...a mouth?
Spoiler:
??????????

Like whats up with that lol. I really hope they do add some mouths <.< cuz they just look kinda weird to me like that.

But yeah im just so hyped. I think this game will be kind of like a toe in the water for the company to see how it holds on the switch before actually making a new entry. Also dont forget that we have Rune Factory 5 in the making as well, so even if this is not a fresh new Story of Season title, it honestly just feels like a totally different game. New graphics, new features, new art for the characters, we get to play as a boy or girl and even choose alternative looks between the traditional or more modern, im pretty sure we also get new music and new events will be added. And then we also get those 2 marriage candidates! Its just so exciting! So its def a game that, combined with Rune factory 4 and 5, can keep me distracted until the next big Story of season title. Plus i havent played the original games since i was like...In middle school so it will feel compleatly new for me when i pick this game up.

Honestly, the past Story of Season games were pretty meh to me, so knowing that they went back and brought back an older HM game made me really happy. Older gameplay style but with a totally fresh look--It just looks so good! Cant wait!
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^^^ they didn't have mouths in the original sprites, that's why! they probably won't change it.

i didn't notice before but the "health" bar in that screenshot is definitely power berries. they make their return!!!!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Heh, at least she’s not returning to her PS1 fashion sense.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know it was mentioned at least briefly, but did anyone post Igusa Matsuyama's blog entry about the game? (He's the original artist of FoMT and is also doing the character design for the remake, iirc.) Well, just in case no one actually put the link here on FOGU (I know I saw it on Twitter at least twice), Bokumono PR tweeted it just this morning, so here is the link to his blog post, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
Gothicat
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

The old heart events are the major hurdle to me getting this game. That is the part of the game that has aged the worst, especially when the events weren't really romantic. If they insist on this being a remake and not a remaster, I feel this is something they're obligated to improve. However, it's likely that Hakama isn't working on this game, since they would have revealed on their site by now, and it was under Yoshifumi Hashimoto that the romance improved so much, so I can't help but worry about this...

Plus, someone said they were keeping the same heart events. I just hope they do it like 3oT at least and add a lot more events, so those first 4 can just be 'friend' events, even if dating isn't back. I also hope reverse proposals are still in, since they seem fairly easy to add.

If they add rival marriage back, I do hope they change it so it works like Animal Parade; instead of waiting years for the events to happen, you just befriend your rival girl. That way, you have full control of who marries, and how fast it happens.

If the speculation about Kappa being the only special marriage candidate for girls this time around is true, he better have heart events to make up for it. (Also, please don't take 5 years like in MFoMT. The most years I can play in the newer games is 4, and even then that's pushing it.)