The Pig

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I know at some point I'm going to have to get the pig for the sun stone. I don't really want to have to go out to mushroom island every day just to feed it. That got really annoying fast on my other save.

Are there any game penalties for say, getting the sun stone then ignoring the pig's existence?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It should be okay to ignore the thing. It’s considered as a pet.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Great! :)

I really don't like the pig in this. I was considering making sure that the sun stones to do with the pig are literally the last ones I get so I don't have to endure it long.Then I was concerned that once I have the sun stones, I won't be able to play any more. The pig was much better in Magical Melody. You could just leave it in your house and ignore it.

Even just leaving it in your pet shed, that would have been easier too. I could just do what I do with the rest of the pets, just feed them and forget about them. Part of the whole farm chore.

Knowing that I can flat out ignore the pig with no consequences makes my farming a whole lot more funner. :)
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The only thing I can think of is for either higher-quality mushrooms for cooking or shipping completion purposes, if you’re into that. The pig can find truffles, but you can also get those as a birthday present from Shea on certain years. I’m thinking it’s year 2, 5, 8, etc, though I could be wrong about that.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I don't really cook in this game unless it is for gifts, and even then I try to avoid ones that require crops. The crop growing system is awful. I mainly focus on animals. For my gameplay style, the pig was just wasted time.