RF5 In Development Confirmed! Plus RF4 Nintendo Switch

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I saw people complaining about 'ugly 3D models' during the live stream, but I thought the animals looked pretty good, and the house (not 3D) was in a very nice style. I do figure the two silhouettes are protags, too, yeah, for sure.

Thanks for the video link...that makes it WAY easier. I tried to grab a still of the silhouettes during the stream, but I'm terrible at it. Still, for the sake of having the image right in the thread:
Spoiler:
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The game is still super early into development so the 3d models not looking polished isn't surprising. They don't expect this to be out until mid or late 2020 depending on how development flows. Pretty sure they just wanted to show something instead of saying "RF5 has this and that".
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm super happy they showed us something!! Kinda sad the game doesn't seem to take place in an eastern setting, but hey, they showed some sort of nine-tailed fox/kitsune, so at least there's that. :)

I don't understand Japanese, so I wonder if they revealed anything else when they were talking about the game. :?:
Hysuka
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Post  Posted:

I'm really happy about what they showed!

I think what we've seen hints towards 3d models like in Frontier and ToD! Which is all I wanted!

Also, the silhouette on the left looks a bit like Aden..?
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

They actually revealed what the save data bonus is! They will be two cameo characters from RF4. :)

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/25/r ... ata-bonus/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maybe the dragon in this game will be purple? The theme colour is tied to the dragon's colour? And I wonder which RF4 characters will appear, and of what use they'll be, if any, in RF5. And about the house they showed in the trailer...is it just concept art, or...does this suggest the game has 2D backgrounds and 3D models together?

Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like concept art to me. It'd be hard to do 2d backgrounds and 3d models on a larger scale HD game especially if the 3d models have changed from their simplified appearances in the 3ds titles.

And looking at the house art from a potential gameplay perspective, cant imagine being able to play through a section with that background going by the angle of the picture.
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

At first, I thought the house would be the protagonist's, but I don't see any farming field around (unless it is behind the house) so maybe it's something else? There's a bulletin board next to it, maybe the quest system will be more similar to RF3 or RF2's...

I think the two characters from RF4 will probably be 1 bachelorette and 1 bachelor. I think Forte, Clorica, Vishnal and Arthur are less probable since they have jobs directly tied to Selphia... I kinda imagine the guardians (Amber, Dylas, Dolce and Leon) staying with Venti in Selphia, but maybe they'd want to travel around the world... I really wanna see Kiel and Meg to be honest.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think I see a shield on it that might be displaying weapons, so maybe it's a weapon or armour store? At least in part? I'm not sure if that's what that blue shield was representing or not. It could just be a big blue X. But it's a shield, anyway, of some kind, so I thought it might actually be a shop. The door is up a flight of stairs so I also thought there might be a first floor entrance...maybe that's a house over top of a shop?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Might be worth making a new thread on that new information on the tease, instead of putting it in a long thread so more eyes can be on it :D OP hasn't been updated since Feb either.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Might be worth making a new thread on that new information on the tease, instead of putting it in a long thread so more eyes can be on it :D OP hasn't been updated since Feb either.
https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=175453

Here ya go Kirie! :lol:
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Posting here instead of a new thread since I don't know how many of us are playing the game yet, but did anyone else get RF4 Special? I was thinking about waiting for the English release, but it was on sale on the eShop and the DLC is free right now, and the save transfer to RF5 was another incentive (since I'm gonna get that ASAP) so I caved in and got the Japanese version. Sorry Fire Emblem you have to wait since I can't get involved with something totally new right now :)

So far I'm still in mid-spring but it's the same-old RF4 so far. Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's been a long time since I really played the game so it isn't boring. I haven't looked at the new features yet for that reason, I want to warm up to the game again before I dig into the new goodies. I will be on the lookout for any differences but so far the "hell mode" difficulty is the only new thing, even the illustration contest bit is all the 5th anniversary stuff.

It looks nicer on the TV screen than I expected, some stuff like the backgrounds and icons look scaled up (but better than my impression from the trailers) but the portraits and animated clips look really crisp and beautiful. The 3D sprites have nice textures too. I hooked up the audio to an amp and speakers which has it sounding way better and clearer than it ever did on the 3DS.

The only hard thing to deal w/is the map-- you can toggle no/small/large map with the ZL button but it takes up a good chunk of the screen to have it on all the time. Because of that it's a wee bit harder finding villagers around town, but thankfully they didn't get rid of it or make it mandatory. Some of the menu text, particularly the stats are hard to read on the TV too, but I sit a good 10 feet away from the screen so that contributes to it
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'm playing RF4 Special and Fire Emblem both right now. Also caved and got digital when I saw it was on a little sale and the DLC was free. I believe I'm also mid spring. I love the Japanese voices and how crisp the game looks. Struggling a touch because I can't read kanji and my translation app butchers stuff. But I've been getting by. It has only really been an issue for some requests.
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I received my copy of the game today, and I have to agree with Nurse Fin.

Hell mode doesn't joke around right at the beginning though, as the 1st boss hit like a truck when you don't have your skill leveled up (Jones's hospital fees are already a nightmare).

The new map... need some getting used to it. I keep pressing ZL by mistake at times, and it's sometimes harder to find the person you want compared to the 3DS version. There's also the description window in the menu that has rather small text, but thankfully you can zoom on it with the L button (or L+R for the stat window).
I also noticed that the soft reset option is absent from this version, sadly.

I have yet to try the new modes or listen to the private CD though. I'm keeping them for a bit later.
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Can you still see the villagers moving around in the new map or is it more similar to RF Tides of Destiny's :?: