Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I do agree that there doesn't seem to be anything behind the building. Who knows, maybe they didn't show us the full artwork so we can't see what's down the stairs.

Oh yeah I'd love to see a bigger variety of magical plants! I think the lily pad from RF3 was not in RF4? I hope it will make a comeback, it was so handy.

I'm really hoping with this bulletin board that the request system will be more similar to RF3 or RF2 or RFToD's... can't say I really like the request system in RF4. I liked Eliza, but I wish there was a better interface.

So apparently the colour purple is very important... I wonder what it could be linked to? I wonder if purple is part of the protagonists' colours schemes.

Will the protagonists' have amnesia too... and if so I wonder what kind of reason they'll come up with this time.

I hope both protagonists will be part of the story this time, like Aden and Sonja. I really wish Frey and Lest could have interacted with each other in RF4.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^ I'm really curious about the purple color comment too!

(They apparently said that on stream, here's a link where the person translated what they said specifically about it)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm glad someone has a good shot of the nine-tailed fox! I kept trying to get one but it came out blurry every time. *grump* For a second while watching the stream I wondered if the kitsune could be the game's dragon, but then I realized that was ridiculous, lol.

Yeah, I was watching when they were talking about the colour purple...someone in the chat was translating a little of what they were saying...but other than green being RF4's colour and Venti being green, too, I never really noticed a colour's importance to a game before.

Though I am still convinced that the 5 in the RF5 logo is depicting a sunset (or sunrise) over an ocean or other large body of water. Daisuke Tsubasa's main post has a good image but the title graphic on the official site for some reason has an even crisper version of the '5'...for some weird reason the detail blurs out when you copy or save it and you can't see the line that to me makes it look like a horizon. I can only get it to show up when I print-screen it. (This is what I see if I actually go to the official site and look with my own eyes, but if I try to save it, it blurs out on me!)

EDIT: I wonder if the two carryover characters could be Lest and Frey themselves...and they become candidates. Has that ever happened? Having a previous game's MC come back as a marriage option in a future game?

EDIT 2: Oh hey, Cherubae posted a link to Famitsu, which already has some RF5 stuff in it...it's the same stuff, as far as I can see, but the screenshots are nice and clear!
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Since they outright said that the colour purple is important, it might mean that it is more significant than green being Venti's color. Maybe it has to do with a gameplay mechanic that involves night like I've seen some say. The 3 in RF3 is golden like Micah's wooly fur I believe... The purple could be linked to the protagonist, like a power they have or something. Or maybe the sunset also being in the logo hints to the colour purple having something to do with the game's setting.

Lest and Frey are Selphia's prince/princess, so it's hard for me to imagine they would travel elsewhere and marry someone and not come back to fulfill their responsibilities as royalty... although I would love to see any protagonist from past games come back as NPCs. It would give the player a different perspective on these characters.

Next month is the series' anniversary right? Maybe they'll do something to celebrate and give us some more info on RF5... or it might just be wishful thinking on my part.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anon wrote:Since they outright said that the colour purple is important, it might mean that it is more significant than green being Venti's color. Maybe it has to do with a gameplay mechanic that involves night like I've seen some say. The 3 in RF3 is golden like Micah's wooly fur I believe... The purple could be linked to the protagonist, like a power they have or something. Or maybe the sunset also being in the logo hints to the colour purple having something to do with the game's setting.

Lest and Frey are Selphia's prince/princess, so it's hard for me to imagine they would travel elsewhere and marry someone and not come back to fulfill their responsibilities as royalty... although I would love to see any protagonist from past games come back as NPCs. It would give the player a different perspective on these characters.

Next month is the series' anniversary right? Maybe they'll do something to celebrate and give us some more info on RF5... or it might just be wishful thinking on my part.
Specifically, it's the 13th anniversary next month. RF5 releases on the year of the 14th anniv and if we get a hypothetical remake of RF1, 2021 aka the 15th anniv is the best bet.

Rune Factory Channel is going to be a regular / monthly thing and it has been the past four months so hopefully that's going to be the case. The trailer they released today is labeled "No. 1" so maybe it means we'll see more slowly sprinkling out more in the coming months.
anon2
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

wow, has it really been that long? that's crazy! 2006 always feels like it was only 5 years ago! i can't believe time passes this fast. the ds was really magical for the time.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ahhhh so excited! Didn't expect to see footage so soon. Def feels surreal. So happy they seem to have stuck with the same character artist (or at least mimicking their style).

As far as the purple color goes im pretty damn positive it relates to...
Spoiler:
The dark element, possibly a dark dragon involved down the line. Dark element is associated deep purple-ish color in the world (shadow crystal, the shadow gates, etc) and for RF4 and Ventuswill, her element was wind, which is associated with the color green (the wind gates were green) and her color scheme was green and both protagonists themselves had bits of green in their color scheme.

RF 2-3 are different in the logo color scheme in terms of their main game's dragons element, but I do think the shadow element has a strong chance of being related. That said, it does look like a sunset+oceanview in the icon.

As far as the RF4 guest characters, im pretty sure it's gonna be Margaret and...Dylas maybe? Or maybe Vishnal? Idk. Could also be Amber and Dylas, but I'm pretty sure itll be at least Margaret. Gut feeling.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Ahhhh so excited! Didn't expect to see footage so soon. Def feels surreal. So happy they seem to have stuck with the same character artist (or at least mimicking their style).

As far as the purple color goes im pretty damn positive it relates to...
Spoiler:
The dark element, possibly a dark dragon involved down the line. Dark element is associated deep purple-ish color in the world (shadow crystal, the shadow gates, etc) and for RF4 and Ventuswill, her element was wind, which is associated with the color green (the wind gates were green) and her color scheme was green and both protagonists themselves had bits of green in their color scheme.

RF 2-3 are different in the logo color scheme in terms of their main game's dragons element, but I do think the shadow element has a strong chance of being related. That said, it does look like a sunset+oceanview in the icon.

As far as the RF4 guest characters, im pretty sure it's gonna be Margaret and...Dylas maybe? Or maybe Vishnal? Idk. Could also be Amber and Dylas, but I'm pretty sure itll be at least Margaret. Gut feeling.
Spoiler:
I hope the cameo character is Meg, just so she can reunite with Daria somehow if she also shows up. In addition, I think the male RF4 cameo character might be Arthur if he's acting as a traveling merchant still while performing his duties as Norad's 13th prince. It'll strongly depend on whether RF5 is set within Norad or another country altogether. Selphia is an independent city state but it seems to have close ties to Norad if the latter has some authority over it.

Dylas is definitely another possibility because he'd probably want to see the world after being sealed for so long.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everyone here on FOGU is so happy about all these details! I'm so glad this is my standard hang-out spot. You wouldn't believe the whiners in other places. I was on Nintendo Everything and just about everyone in the comment section on an article on this teaser trailer was complaining. Someone even said 'literally nothing new' in response to the trailer.

WHAAAAAT?! How is there nothing new? IT'S ALL NEW!!!

I'm just baffled about why there's so much whining about any tidbit revealed, because it's not whatever news they had dreamt up in their own little heads as being what should be revealed next. Ugh, rotten killjoys. This was more than I was expecting, not less...and it's already enough to speculate on. For a game not coming out for a year even in Japan (maybe even more than a year) honestly, why did they think there would be more than this?

Okay, little rant over. I was really surprised and pleased with all these little glimpses we saw. It's already triggered lots of discussion, after all, so I'm happy :) Naturally I do wonder when the next bit of news is likely to come out, but honestly, I have no idea what to expect from here on out.
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah I agree with you on that Kikki. I think they gave us a lot more info then people might think. I mean, if you list it down, we got plenty of food to chew and spit out theories with:

-In my opinion, the concept art of the building is the biggest piece, which gives us an idea of the setting.
-The 3D models of existing monsters give us a glimpse of what the game will look like
-They showed us artwork of new monsters (I think that whale rock-ish thing with a small volcano on its back is really cute tbh)
-Also when showcasing the new monsters there's another piece of concept art in the background that shows another mountain-like scenery, so another hint at the game's setting
-Even if those are just silhouettes, we can imagine what the protagonists' clothes are like, and that can give ideas to what kind of people they are
-I believe I've never heard the music playing in the teaser before, it could be part of the game's soundtrack... It sounds very RF-ish to me
-They revealed what the save data bonus is, we can theorize which RF4 characters will appear
-And let's not forget the purple color comment which equals to more food for theorizing.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

People are always gonna complain/want more. Especially in gaming communities. I do think people might feel more impatient due to how long it's been, but considering the release date is still another like 10-12 months+ away and they're working on marketing for RF4S, I am not at all surprised by the limited info and tbh more than I was expecting.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's recently been an interview with Hashimoto about Hakama and Rune Factory. Or the translation is recent, at least...I think. I haven't seen all of this myself, anyway. This game out in last month's Nintendo Dream. You can see it HERE, if you want.
Anon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wow... I was just reading this article! :o

Now that RF4 Special is out, I can't stop thinking about that artbook that came with the memorial box edition! I sincerely doubt Xseed will release it in English... I hope someone will post pictures of it. I really want to know if there are new artworks in there or if it's just a compilation of old artworks we've already seen.
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Glad we got a little bit of info! I'm definitely intruiged by the purple theme. Can't wait for more!
C-K
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Please...

Please don't make them all look like underweight children again...

PLEASE.