Pets training mini games

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've had my dog about a season now, and play that frisbee throwing game with him every day. It doesn't really seem to be doing anything. Anything after 22m and he doesn't catch it. He isn't getting enthusiastic about it at all.

Is this practise really doing anything at all that I can't see, or it is basically to get you used to the mechanics of it for when the festival happens? The way things are going, I don't think I stand a chance at all of winning with this one.

The horse one as well, I'm totally at a loss what to do for that one. I have to blow right into the microphone, but the screen is so close to my eyes I can't really see what is going on properly. How do I know if I'm making any progress with that?

Don't have a cat yet, but I'm guessing I'll probably struggle with that one too. Tips, please?

I never played these mini games in my older save, so they are all new to me.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I thiiiink I remember the practice just being for practice, and the results being tied to their friendship, though I could be wrong about that. Just keep feeding them and petting them (and brushing for the horse) every day. You can also hire the orange sprites for an animal friendship multiplier, though I forget if you can apply it to the pet shed.

For the horse, just blow into the mic when the little sweat drops appear above its head. If you do it at other times, it’ll tire out the horse instead of encouraging it. If you have to stay so close up you can’t see it (these mics *were* awful) I think it also make the “tired out” noise when the sweat drops appear, so you could try turning up your sound and just listening for it instead of looking for it.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Guide wrote:Practicing For The Dog Festival

Chasing the disc
You will be throwing a disc and your dog will chase after it, similar to the disc game in the Gameboy Advance game. Throwing the disc is done by quickly sliding your stylus in one stroke, from the left-side of the touch screen to the right-side. Your dog will then chase after the disc and try to catch it. There isn't a time limit and your score is based on how far your disc flies before your dog catches it.

Before you can throw, your dog will give you a hint about the farthest it will be able to run and successfully catch the flying disc:

Image20 meters or less
Image20 to 30 meters
:!: 30 to 40 meters
:lala: 40 to 50 meters
:heart: 50 meters or more

If you throw farther than you dog has the motivation to run, it won't be able to catch the disc. The distance thrown is best done by experience, and it takes some practice to know how far your stylus movements will throw the disc. If you start from the left side and swipe about half way across your touch screen, you'll go about 25 meters or so. The shortest distance you can throw is 5 meters, and the farthest is about 62 meters.

The more hearts your dog has, the more often you'll see the music note or heart thought bubbles. If you're trying for the high score at the Dog Festival, save your game before entering the contest. Since you can't control what distance indicator the dog will give, you will be able to reload your save game if you don't get a heart bubble.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote:I thiiiink I remember the practice just being for practice, and the results being tied to their friendship, though I could be wrong about that. Just keep feeding them and petting them (and brushing for the horse) every day. You can also hire the orange sprites for an animal friendship multiplier, though I forget if you can apply it to the pet shed.

For the horse, just blow into the mic when the little sweat drops appear above its head. If you do it at other times, it’ll tire out the horse instead of encouraging it. If you have to stay so close up you can’t see it (these mics *were* awful) I think it also make the “tired out” noise when the sweat drops appear, so you could try turning up your sound and just listening for it instead of looking for it.
Oh. I'll try that then. Maybe leave off on the practising for a little while until they get some more hearts.

Yeah, the mic really is that bad. If I move it back so I can see the screen, it doesn't seem to pick any sound at all. I'll have to listen to the horse a few times then, to see if I can hear this noise.
Shan O 123 wrote:
Spoiler:
The Guide wrote:Practicing For The Dog Festival

Chasing the disc
You will be throwing a disc and your dog will chase after it, similar to the disc game in the Gameboy Advance game. Throwing the disc is done by quickly sliding your stylus in one stroke, from the left-side of the touch screen to the right-side. Your dog will then chase after the disc and try to catch it. There isn't a time limit and your score is based on how far your disc flies before your dog catches it.

Before you can throw, your dog will give you a hint about the farthest it will be able to run and successfully catch the flying disc:

Image20 meters or less
Image20 to 30 meters
:!: 30 to 40 meters
:lala: 40 to 50 meters
:heart: 50 meters or more

If you throw farther than you dog has the motivation to run, it won't be able to catch the disc. The distance thrown is best done by experience, and it takes some practice to know how far your stylus movements will throw the disc. If you start from the left side and swipe about half way across your touch screen, you'll go about 25 meters or so. The shortest distance you can throw is 5 meters, and the farthest is about 62 meters.

The more hearts your dog has, the more often you'll see the music note or heart thought bubbles. If you're trying for the high score at the Dog Festival, save your game before entering the contest. Since you can't control what distance indicator the dog will give, you will be able to reload your save game if you don't get a heart bubble.
Yeah, I saw that. I did check the sight first, but since I couldn't see these results thought it best to ask.