RF4S Archival Edition - Preorders are live for NA!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

Which edition are you buying?

You may select 1 option

View results

RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Listed in the other thread but this needs to be its own so more people can actually see it:

Rune Factory 4 Special Archival Edition Contents:

~Physical copy of Rune Factory 4 Special for Nintendo Switch
~160-page A5 sized art book featuring the works of Minako Iwasaki with an original cover illustration.
~Official soundtrack CD consisting of 33 tracks from the original release, plus 3 new tracks
~‘Swimsuit Day’ DLC that adds an option to have characters appear in their swimsuits
~Premium custom box with original illustration by Minako Iwasaki
https://store.xseedgames.com/product/ru ... 4-special/ Order it for NA here at the XSEED store <

Also confirmed for EU/AU and will be up on the Marvelous store soon:

https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/news/i ... ndo-switch

Pleasant surprise we're actually getting this!
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Will swimsuit DLC eventually be on store or limited edition only?

Very nice that we're getting this, though!
Resuka
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Just ordered mine! It sold out within hours in Japan, so I've very glad I was able to grab a copy this time- even if it doesn't include the drama CD.

Now all we need is a release date to look forward to. :)
nyahoarder
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm surprised they set it at $40! It's appropriate since it's a 3DS port but I totally expected full price. Grabbed Archival Version. Really looking forward to that artbook.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Hey, this just went up on Amazon today as well!

Archival Edition

Regular Edition

There's a date of January 21st, 2020 listed, but until Xseed officially announces a release date, I'm considering that a placeholder. I'm still holding out hope we'll see it this year, but either way is fine.
I'm a sucker and preordered the Archival Edition. I normally don't double-dip on games because purchase anxiety does a number on me, but the art book and the promise of returning characters via save data for RF5 were too much for me to pass on. :heart: I love Rune Factory and am 100% here for its revival. ;u;
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not available in Canada, yet. :(
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I mean I own it digitally already in Japanese and still got the archival edition. I just want to support the heck out of RF.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Sorry Kikki, I'm hoping more listings go up soon. :( I'll post right away if I hear anything. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open!

Me too, Mecha-Lollipop. I'm really happy just to be able to help show that the franchise is well loved and needs to stick around!
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Just preordered the archival edition, it's been killing me that I can't easily get soundtracks for most japanese games I play (by paying money), and I want the rf series to succeed!!

Also $60 for all the stuff they show is pretty cheap, even for a slight upgrade :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:Sorry Kikki, I'm hoping more listings go up soon. :( I'll post right away if I hear anything. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open!
Thanks; no worries. :) It's not too big of a deal in my case, since I only want the regular edition and that's not likely to sell out. I just want to pre-order it enough in advance to make sure they don't run out of their first shipment and have it result in me not getting my game until well after release.
IsaacGravity
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The artbook is too tempting but RF4 proved to be the kind of game you want to access at any given moment (digital).

Decisions, decisions...
boxerlover25
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:I mean I own it digitally already in Japanese and still got the archival edition. I just want to support the heck out of RF.
^^^

I'm getting RF4S even if it's just to support the series, although I'm sure I'll get good play time out of it too. Want RF to make a lot more games!
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

This looks so cool!
I wish this set would come out in my region (PAL), but that rarely happens. I’m just happy my region is actually getting physical release of the game. I honestly don’t like having too many games stored onto one console for storage reasons.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

@somerandom

Marvelous will be selling the Archival Edition exclusively from their store in Europe and Australia, if that helps!

Preorders aren't open yet it seems, but if you're interested, you might follow them on twitter for updates.
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Don't think it's avalible to preorder in Canada yet but I will definitely get the Archival Edition if I can!