Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Switch

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.

Are you excited?

You may select 1 option

View results

Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:I just made a second account that was set up as a japanese account. With it I can download any game from the Japanese or English eshops.
It doesn't tend to like American cards though but there's work arounds.
Yea it's pretty goofy that non-JP cards can't be used on the Japan Switch eShop. I can still use my American credit card in the Japan 3DS eShop, which I do to then transfer credits to the Japan Switch eShop.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Thanks for sharing the horse racing clip Kikki! I'm excited to see the return of horse races but I do wonder whether we'll still be able to bet on them since the attitude towards simulated gambling in games has gotten so much more negative in recent years.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:Thanks for sharing the horse racing clip Kikki! I'm excited to see the return of horse races but I do wonder whether we'll still be able to bet on them since the attitude towards simulated gambling in games has gotten so much more negative in recent years.
That is an interesting point. I hope it still makes it in, sometimes gambling features are good at teaching you to be careful with your money, especially if you lose it all and have to work to get it back again.

On a similar note I know for a while (around the mid 2000s) the Australian ratings system for video games rated some kid friendly games with gambling elements no matter how benign, (The ones I know of are new Super Mario Bros DS, Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Party DS) a PG (equal to E10+ ) rating just because they have gambling games. Strangely Harvest Moon DS was free from this and given a G (equal to E) rating. Recently similar games remained at G, but I honest don’t know if it’s because they decreased on disguised the gambling in the games or something.

At least in the horse race we aren’t wasting our real life money like in some mobile games.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The website now has this rather lengthy comic about the new male main character. It's all in Japanese but it feels rather simple to follow just from the pictures.

https://www.bokumono.com/series/saikai/worldview.html
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:So I did something a little wacky...
Spoiler:
I preordered the Japanese version! :shock: :lol:

It was more expensive than I anticipated, which makes me wonder if the English version will be $59.99 (The Japanese version was around 6,200 yen, but I preordered it for 10% off, bringing the total down to around 5,700 yen.)
video games in japan are INCREDIBLY expensive. right around 7,500 yen for most new switch titles (making them about 70 bucks USD) and the mineral town remake is 6264 yen (before the 10 percent off discount) so id say it'll probably come out cheaper than normal retail in america.

if anyone wants to preorder it from the eshop i'd do it while it's still 10% off!
MaiIsMe
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

[*] New section shows special marriage candidates! Goddess, Hoan, Kappa, and Gourmet Man. (https://www.bokumono.com/series/saikai/character7.html)

[*] Wild Animal Section

[*]Cute Comic https://www.bokumono.com/series/saikai/worldview.html
Billy--
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like I'm buying me a Japanese version of the game even though I can't read it, haha. It'll be fun to play, I'll just make up my own text ;)

Hmm, so the girls get Gourmet, Won and Kappa, while the boys only get the Goddess? I kinda hope the Witch Princess comes back in, at least! At least they're giving us a variety!
nongo
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Billy-- wrote:Hmm, so the girls get Gourmet, Won and Kappa, while the boys only get the Goddess? I kinda hope the Witch Princess comes back in, at least! At least they're giving us a variety!
How I wish they would add the Witch Princess as well. Though, I'm pretty sure every character of this game by now has been revealed. Let's just hope for a future DLC that includes WP. I want to see her interact with the Kappa.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We have seen Ruby, but she hasn't been formally announced yet. So there's still chance for more character reveals.
Billy--
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:We have seen Ruby, but she hasn't been formally announced yet. So there's still chance for more character reveals.
Maybe we can marry Ruby ;)

Haha, nahhh, she's married to... Tim? The owner of the Hotel?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

He’s never around anyway :wink:
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm delighted those folks are all still marriage candidates. I hope they keep at least some, if not all, of their ridiculous requirements too, haha.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I'm delighted those folks are all still marriage candidates. I hope they keep at least some, if not all, of their ridiculous requirements too, haha.
Oh yeah, because I toooootally want to spam Mr. Gourmet Man with Elli leaves two hours after the cooking festival for 30 straight years just to marry him. :P :lol:

But I really do hope that they keep the obnoxious special marriage candidate requirements from the original game. I can't remember the last time I played a SOS game past year 4, though there's something endearing about MFOMT that causes me to play past year 10. Heck, I'm still trying to marry Kappa to this day on my old file.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Is the game going to be released on Taiwan or Hong Kong eShop? I know you can pre-order the game on Japan eShop currently.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think this is a general 'making friends and talking to people clip'.