RF4S Archival Edition - Preorders are live for NA!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

Which edition are you buying?

You may select 1 option

View results

bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I just pre-ordered the archival edition in store at EB Games, so it's at least available there for Canadians.

Edit, now that I'm not on my phone: Price for standard version's $60, Archival version's $80
Last edited by bitsy_bites5 on Sep 27, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Really? I checked EB games just now and there's no Rune Factory 4 on there at all. :shock: Searching 'rune factory' gets 0 results. Guess it's only in person. Well, I can't go in person, there's no EB games anywhere near me, but at least a few should be able to.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ooh, I'm tempted to buy it, but I have barely played my 3ds copy, lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Videogamesplus now has pre-orders available for Rune Factory 4, both the regular edition and the archival one. If you choose to with them and pay with PayPal, you'll be charged immediately, but if you use credit card you get charged when it ships.

I don't have any experience with this company and there is no free shipping (Though it's $2.99 if you're willing to have no tracking and pitiful insurance that only costs $20...otherwise you'll have to pay $6.99.) I'm trying them anyway...for now. Want to make sure I have a physical copy secured, just in case. Though it's probably not an issue since I only want the regular edition, not the archival.

I came by this information only because XSEED tweeted it themselves (in response to someone's comment) so I'll put that tweet here, as well:
OCTOBER 4 EDIT: I've spotted RF4S on Amazon.ca, but it's not available for order, yet. It's just listed. If anyone is waiting on being able to order it from them, you can sign up for an email alert.

So far the placeholder date everywhere I've seen is January 21. Which could turn out to be real, since that's a Tuesday, and Tuesday IS Xseed's release day. Would be nice if it's actually in December, though.

OCTOBER 6 EDIT: It's now available (just in the last half hour) on Amazon.ca. It's about $10 more than it is on VGP, though, so even with the shipping on VGP it came to less than it does on Amazon. Guess I'll stick with VGP after all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just noticed; though Xseed had initially been saying '2019' for RF4S and their page used to, as well, they are no longer saying it, and have even updated their RF4S page...the release date now says 'this winter', not 2019. So I guess that's pretty much official confirmation that it's not going to be released within the 2019 calendar year, not just in Europe but in North America as well.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Huh, I was hoping they'd get it and the Mineral Town remake out before AC hits, but I guess that's pretty unlikely at this point.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd be pretty happy if the placeholder date of "January 21st" turns out to be real. That did happen with Trio of Towns, and Tuesday IS Xseed's usual release day so...maybe? I'd be okay with that day, anyway. January's not as far off as it could be and I have nothing else releasing near enough to it to conflict. Even Gods & Monsters in late February ended up being delayed. :/ So I'm hoping the placeholder will turn out to be the real thing, though I don't know how likely that is to come true.

But since I know SoS: FoMT must come out after RF4S, yeah...can't see them both getting out before AC: NH. (I suppose it's possible, but...) Oh lordy, I can't even think about that. I start to want it too badly.

I really wonder why RF4S is taking so much time, though. They already have the translation done, excepting the new post-marriage content. Just how much is there, I wonder? I could be optimistic and think that there is actually a lot of new content. But perhaps Xseed just has a LOT of games on their plate in the next half year.
Selfish_Ocelot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yeah that's what I don't get either. The bulk of the localization has already been done, the only new content is the newlywed mode and some new cutscenes, if I'm not wrong. I heard some people talk about western VA issues?. I'm all for the Jan 21 date tho, If it releases any earlier I'm out of the country and might miss the delivery.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah. I don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes, but voice actors was the one thing I kept thinking could be an issue. I mean, it's been quite a long time since the original came out. If Xseed wants to get all the same actors for each voice, that may have been an issue with availability. Could even be that some of the original VAs aren't available at all any more. Maybe they've even had to redo existing voice acting, to get it all to match up with whoever they're going with for the new content, if any of that has changed.

I can't see it taking this long if translation was the only issue they were facing.

Good luck in your travels, Selfish_Ocelot :)
Selfish_Ocelot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks! I managed to get the Archival edition so I want to be present when that baby arrives. Super stoked for the artbook and soundtrack cd, although I'm gonna have to rip it somehow since my laptop doesn't have a cd drive.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

External CD/DVD drives are really cheap. About $35 CAD. Might be worth having one around if you ever need to listen to music or play a movie on your laptop but only have them in physical form. :)
Selfish_Ocelot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

:shock: That's not broke uni student cheap. I'll probably ask a friend that does have a drive and transfer them to an usb
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Selfish_Ocelot wrote::shock: That's not broke uni student cheap. I'll probably ask a friend that does have a drive and transfer them to an usb
My university library has USB CD drives you can borrow and use in the library, so that could be an option.
Mario Sanchez duh
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I am going for the the Archival edition for US, even though I almost protested from getting it because they didn't add new marriage candidates for us slightly older gamers (I want Illuminata and Bado dangit).
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Not buying yet, but only because I don't have a switch yet.

However, with the last Fire Emblem game, Animal Crossing on the way, and now this it's just a matter of time. Honestly if Pokemon had gotten good reviews I would have bought one already, but the reviews and the gameplay vids I watched tells me they still need some major work on Pokemon for the Switch.