New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think the only indie left that I care about is Mineko's Night Market, and tbh, I think they've gone totally off the rails and may even end up cancelling their project...they delayed it back around April and have not said so much as a peep since then in spite of saying they would just be aiming for '2019' instead of 'early 2019'... so I can't say I'm expecting to see it here. :/ Certainly doesn't look hopeful, that it'll be released in 2019 at all, anyway.

So I guess I'll just be watching this Nindie (easier to say than Indie World) for fun, without any expectations at all. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It is odd that they've been radio silent since July. I've honestly lost interest in Mineko's Night Market as we now have Animal Crossing confirmed and on the way soon. However, it'd be nice to see it alive again regardless.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Guys, Steins Gate 0 (Zero) and Steins Gate My Darling's Embrace just released digitally on Nintendo Switch's e-shop. What a surprise! So excited. Maybe I'll get some extra money for Christmas and I'll be able to get these. :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So if anybody cares, what we had on the Indie World presentation was:

Sports Story (sequel to Golf Story)
Streets of Rage 4
Gleamlight
Bake 'n' Switch
Supermash
The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition (available today)
Sail forth
Dauntless
Murder by Numbers
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
SkateBIRD
Liberated
Boyfriend Dungeon
Dreamscaper
The Survivalists
Axiom Verge 2

If you missed it, you can still watch it HERE.

I must admit to not being interested in any of them, though some had nice looks. Just not anything that felt like it was for me.

EDIT: A summary is available of all the contents (with trailers and articles on each game) on Gematsu. And while I'm at it, there was also a State of Play (Playstation's copy of a Nintendo Direct, imo) and you can see the summary of that presentation, with articles, here on Gematsu, as well. It included:

Ghost of Tsushima
Resident Evil 3 remake
Babylon's Fall, Predator: Hunting Grounds
Kingdom Hearts III DLC
Paper Beast
Superliminal
Dreams
Spellbreak
Untitled Goose Game
Last edited by Kikki on Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, I'll see how Dauntless runs, but the rest is not for me. Disappointing, but oh well.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've been waiting on a date for Two Point Hospital on Switch, and it appears to be February 25th! Sadly, that is the day that Gods & Monsters was supposed to be released (but it's been delayed with no new date, afaik)...but hey, at least there will be this game instead :)

NEXT DAY EDIT: The official website for Digimon Survive has been updated, so Gematsu has an article up, translating the new info for us. It's some story details and character info.

PS: What the devil is with Digimon making their characters wear GOGGLES as an accessory? NOBODY DOES THAT. Even welders or swimmers would only ever have them on while at their specific activity. And it's not even as though these games ever have a Steampunk aesthetic...

Also, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ended up getting delayed to Summer 2020.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Also, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ended up getting delayed to Summer 2020.
This physically hurt me. I was really looking forward to playing it next month.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It really hurts when a game you were counting on for a particular time period gets pushed significantly back. (*glares at Animal Crossing: New Horizons, uselessly coming out when the worst of winter has just ended*) Sorry your game got pushed back like that. :(

Hopefully Tokyo Mirage Sessions will fill some of that emptiness; I know you wanted that one. I'm also considering Arc of Alchemist in that time period, but it's probably not really my type, and there's nothing else in January that's of interest. Snack World is in Feb (I'm not interested in it, but Bluie is, afaik) and Two Point Hospital, which I sort of want and my sister would probably love...but in spite of other people saying how packed the start of the year is, it looks pretty empty, to me. I have ZERO must-have games until the end of March. (Though I'll almost definitely get the FFVII remake in early March, but that's not even a whole game and I doubt it'll be very satisfying.) Summer in Mara might be out in Feb but honestly, even though I backed it, I don't really care about it. :/ (Child protagonists are always so boring.)

I had Gods & Monsters in Feb, but they delayed it without even giving a new release window, so who knows when that's coming. *sigh* It's just one long wait through months of ugly grey winter until late March, for me. This has been a terrible year for delays. Almost every game I anticipated in the latter half of this year got delayed by at least a month. What on earth is making devs so unreliable? Get your dates right, guys. If it's gonna be March, tell us March from the beginning, or at least give a release window that gives you some wiggle room (since they all seem to need every inch of room they can get, lately!) instead of a specific date...don't build us up for months ahead and then let us down. :P

Oh...Disaster Report 4 is supposed to be out in Q1 2020, so that might be an interesting one, but we've got no date for it yet.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just a quick FYI, Arc of Alchemist has been considered a bad game even by Compile Heart fans. I've never personally enjoyed any CH game I've played (I've tried to, I really have), but for hardcore fans to pan the game seems like it might truly be that bad. I'd suggest maybe waiting for reviews on that one?

The biggest kicker with FFCCR getting delayed is that it wasn't just me who was looking forward to playing. Myself, Hubby, BiL, and SiL were all planning on getting a copy and co-oping the entire game - races picked out already and everything. We were all free the majority of Jan/Feb and planned out certain times to play, and now that's all been flushed down the toilet. It'll be hard to re-plan everything.

I guess slightly on the plus side is that it give me time to start Final Fantasy XIV a litter earlier. There's really only a handful of games next year I plan on getting day one (I'll put everything else I'm interested in into my Amazon Wishlist for Black Friday/Cyber Monday), so having more time to explore the massive MMO that is FF14 could be a nice change of pace. As of right now, I'm only planning on getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Trials of Mana, Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remaster, and Cold Steel V (if it ends up out over here this year) day one. There's a ton more I'm interested in, but for my sake of sanity and money, I'll wait for sales. Indie games are not included here though as they're cheap.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the heads-up. :) I'm not familiar with Compile Hearts at all, and the only thing I know about Idea Factory is that they're associated somehow with Otomate. I've never been interested in any of their games, so far. Neptunia and all that...just not my thing.

Arc of Alchemist is just a whim, for me. I have no interest in the characters and the story/world-building doesn't look so good...I'm only interested in the base-building and maybe reclaiming the desert into something habitable. (It's not really clear how much the gameplay goes into that, to me.) I don't think reviews would particularly help me since I'm not into this fandom in the first place...I've only got interest in the most niche aspects of it.

This mysterious Shironeko Project thing has been delayed...no longer expected in 2020 at all any more. This is kind of meaningless, since I have no idea what it even is (I just think the art looks interesting) and there's no hint that it'll be released in English anyway, that I know of.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

NEW BRAVELY ON SWITCH IN 2020!!! I didn't want to expect after getting my hopes up in E3 and TGS, but it finally happened!!

I am very confused as to why it's called Bravely Default II when we already have Bravely Second and it's actually the third game in the series. So what I think is, this is a completely different story (may or may not happen alongside the Bravely Default timeline, hence BD II) with new characters, to test the waters on the Switch. I'm not completely against that, but I sure do hope we're getting a conclusion to the cliffhanger at the end of Second in this game, or at least in the next/Third.

Also, music composition is back to Revo! I like Ryo and supercell, but Revo just makes the better video game music.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

While i'm not a fan of the Bravely series, it is nice to see it back for those who have been wanting more. I'll have to wait to see more of it, but, the lack of Akihiko Yoshida art is kinda already a turnoff. Regardless, I hope it's enjoyable for the people who've been waiting patiently for it.

The standout announcement for me last night is Hero Must Die Again. I'm a huge fan of Oreshika, and this game is made by the same person and follows similar themes (aging and dying are core elements of gameplay). I'm sold.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Btw, there appears to be a teaser site for Bravely Default II already open (though it is in Japanese). The music is nice but there's not much else there other than the trailer, at this point.

I watched the whole thing and wasn't interested in anything, lol. I thought a lot of them looked beautiful, but nothing that made me want to play it. Bravely Default II caught my attention the most because it was instantly obvious that I was looking at something closer to my preferred genres, though at first I thought it was an Octopath sequel. (I also wondered why it was Bravely Default II, since I knew Bravely Default already had a sequel. Was that only a spiritual sequel and this is a direct sequel? I don't get it.)

Interesting to see the reveal of the Xbox X series, though, I guess, even if I have never owned an Xbox in my life. (I have never seen an Xbox exclusive that I wanted, so I've never had any reason to own one.) Two new consoles next year...PS5 and the new Xbox. Gamers are gonna be broke, if they're aiming for both new consoles on release. (I don't intend to buy either next year, though I will eventually get the PS5.)

Everything they showed was too dark and/or violent for me. Where are my cute games? Except Bravely II, but I tried the first Bravely and couldn't get into it, so it's out, as well. I did find it funny that every single nominee for the 'best family game' category was by Nintendo, though. Though why would a fighter like Smash be considered a family game?

It was a good show, but had no content that I should have bothered staying up until 11:30 for. I risked turning into a pumpkin for nothing, it seems. I did like that bit of music by...Grimes, was it? Never heard of them/her, though I should have, since she's Canadian. (Weirdly, a huge amount of the music I listen to spontaneously and say 'wow, I like it' ends up being Canadian. Not sure how that keeps happening!) 4 AEM is now on my playlist. So I guess I got something out of it. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Most are saying to look at it this way;

Bravely Default and Bravely Second are like Final Fantasy X and X-2. They're set in the same setting and are one big encapsulating story (that has most of the loose ends tied up by the time it finishes).

Bravely Default II is like the next entry to the series with a new setting, characters, ect. So like Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The Game Awards last night were a total bust for me. The only thing of remote interest in the ways of announcements was Bravely Default II. Everything else was cinematic trailers (no gameplay = no hype) or just so incredibly boring looking that I tuned out. My friends and I were watching it together, and it just got bad at some points. It's like... When Green Day came on stage, I was like "What?" They were a popular band when I was in upper-elementary school, I didn't even realize that they still made music.

As for the XBox Series X... 1) Microsoft needs a better naming scheme. Like seriously, that's a pretty silly name. 2) It looks like a PC tower. I never adopt consoles at launch. I always wait at least a year and a half before getting them because they'll have ironed out the bugs by then and it would have a healthy backlog of games by then. So I suppose I'll wait and see if they revise the design at all.

And as for the actual awards themselves... I'd never heard of Disco Elysium until last night, and honestly, it made me wish that they explained the games on-stage for people who haven't heard of a game. Oh well, Fire Emblem won best Strategy game and the player's voice vote so I'm happy. DMCV getting the Best Action Game was also a bonus. But yeah, last night wasn't that... Good for announcements. I didn't expect anything and I still felt like I wasted my time.