Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games that aren't HM/SoS/RF

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Steamdrop Wasteland has disappeared on almost everything, so it's assumed dead until shown otherwise.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Steamdrop Wasteland has disappeared on almost everything, so it's assumed dead until shown otherwise.
We need a strikethrough text on FOGU. It'd be useful in situations like this, where we want to cross items off our lists but still show that they were once there. I don't suppose there's a way to do it with code? I've tried it a few times but I can't get it to work. It'd be useful for backlogs, too. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It would be nice. I personally follow all the twitters of all the games I have listed here, So I keep up to date via that and update accordingly. Thing is, a lot of the 'coming soon' games either go into limbo for long periods of time, die, or I can't tell. Ie: Frontier Story's dev just came back and apologized for not updating at all, and then edited out of their twitter bio that they're working on a game. I'm confused what to even do at that point.

The we have games like Harvest Hands and Valley of the Crescent Mountain where they've gone completely silent for since early this year and I'm stuck on what to do with them. I don't want to create a 'dead' list, because that's more work and most people aren't going to care about games that have been abandoned.

For now I'll stick to what I've been doing; if there's been no updates in over a year, I consider it dead until shown otherwise - the same for games that just 'disapear'. There's not too much else I can really do because I refuse to keep the clutter around where there's no need.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Found some recent articles/games that might be interesting. Sorry if these were already listed.

1. Unnamed Life Simulation game set in rural Japan.

https://mypotatogames.com/a-life-simula ... IauHrjeQ5E

2. Garden Story

3. Dinkum (based on Australia/Australian Outback)

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The first game isn't listed, afaik...but the second two are. It's a long list, by now, but there's a much faster way to check what's on it than by reading every entry. Just go to the original post, then hit 'find' under your browser options (depending on what you are running, you could try just pressing CTRL + F) and then type in the name you're looking for and if it is there, it'll find it for you. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd also like to add until a game actually has a name and more solid info, It's a waste of time for me to add it. Once it at least has a name has been this thread's policy since a few pages in. I'll keep my eyes peeled until then because this seems like a very new game announcement.

And yes, the other two are already in the lists. I think I'm going to add a disclaimer on the front page for CTRL+F to save us all some time.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I used the CTRL + F feature and double-checked, and I don't think these new, currently-in-development games were listed.

Roots of Pacha (Prehistoric farming simulator)

https://mypotatogames.com/roots-of-pach ... _ovG4g24uY

Wildspeakers

https://mypotatogames.com/wildspeakers- ... ing-twist/
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you for checking, I'll add these.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Excuse me, does someone know which of these games are finished products? I've played Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia, and I know of Alice Greenfingers (and a gazillion of similar games, which I can name if anyone is interested), but other games I've tried looking up from the list are early access or beta. And I really don't want to start playing a game that I cannot finish or that has bugs.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In the first list, I know for sure that Farm Together, Yonder, and The stillness of the Wind are complete. Castaway Paradise, Deiland and stranded sails are also complete. Little Dragon's Cafe is also complete, of course, and Ever Oasis and the Dragon Quest Builders games. Those are the only ones I can say that I know first-hand that they are complete, though I'm sure a bunch of the others are, too.

Please ignore my letter ses. My key is really broken and I can only have one letter copied at once for pasting, so it's a hassle to bother with capitial ses.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Verdant Skies, Gleaner Heights and World's Dawn are also complete.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote:I used the CTRL + F feature and double-checked, and I don't think these new, currently-in-development games were listed.

Roots of Pacha (Prehistoric farming simulator)

https://mypotatogames.com/roots-of-pach ... _ovG4g24uY
Oooooooooh! I like the concept! Thanks for pointing this one out.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What I could do is put an asterisk (*) next to games that are in early access. I'll work on that today.

Speaking of, Serin Fate, which is set to have a full release next year, is now in early access:

Only other game there seems to be having significant progress lately in Summer in Mara. The game is finished and is currently in testing. They expect to announce a release date soon if everything goes well.

I like to keep this list as clean and up to date as possible, which includes getting rid of games that are seemingly dead or abandoned. Harvest Hands and Valley of the Crescent Mountain are closing in on a year of radio silence while Frontier Story has been seemingly abandoned by the dev. The website hasn't updated since 2018 and it's empty + the dev's twitter no longer lists the game or any development towards it. There's also the strange case of Mineko's Night Market, which is also getting close to a year of silence, but as it's already been promoted and promised, I'll wait specifically for an actual cancellation announcement before removing it. I don't think it will be canceled, but I'm just taking precautions.

If anyone has any thoughts or objections, please feel free to let me know.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Trailer for Summer in Mara.

veggiespork
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Terranigma Freak wrote:Trailer for Summer in Mara.

Omg this looks amazing. Can't wait.

Also HIIIII *waves*

I have tried to get into other farming sims. I've really tried. I find myself replaying FOMT, ToTT and Stardew. Why am I like this?!?!