farm design inspiration!

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

hi y'all! i know that the forum is kinda dead due to everyone moving on to trio of towns and the japanese remake of mfomt, but i was wondering if any of you guys completed decorating your farm! c: i got back into story of seasons for a month, where i just spent time doing extra stuff like decorating the house interior and minor things like collecting postcards... but i am currently struggling with designing my farm because of how limited the spaces are. if there are any other fellow players out there who've completed decorating their farm, would you happen to be able to share how your farm looks like? c: much appreciated!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hopefully there are others here who have; I never decorated my farm in SoS or Trio, as I found the placement system rather ugly/awkward and never liked how anything looked. (Significantly worse in Trio than in SoS.) ANB has been my favourite game for the placement grid, for sure. I hope they'll improve it in future games. :)

You could potentially also look on YouTube, though most of what I've found online has been about farm layout, but not really including decorations.
peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

yes, it's quite frustrating! the farm area where eda's farm used to be is soooo spacious and has room for all the fences and decorations and maker sheds! i've really outdone myself with the farm design for that area, if i do say so myself! c: however, the farm area where your house is... guhhhh. it's a real struggle because all the things i want in my farm don't really fit or mesh well with the space. anyhoo, here are my current results! also added my interior as well ^^;; sorry for the really terrible quality of pics...

I MISS MIIVERSE SO MUCH ;-;

Yuuki_
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Not much decoration there, pure functional with all necessities. :?
I gotta say I love your interior. I never would have come up with that.
peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yuuki_ wrote:Not much decoration there, pure functional with all necessities. :?
I gotta say I love your interior. I never would have come up with that.

thank you! the interior is kinda fun, i have to admit~

UGH yes, and i can't wait once i finish getting all the pet promenade rewards so i can finally get rid of that hideous orange pet house! like all the barns and coops got a theme which could matches the house remodel... why can't they do that with the pet houses too ?
:roll:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Must say, your interiors look excellent! :o I couldn't get mine looking nearly as good. I booted up my game thinking I'd kept my original farm design but I must have messed it up thinking I could make it look better and...I didn't.

(I had a nice pond crammed next to the house with a bunch of trees grown next to it and a nice paddock design on the large side for the animals that just felt very natural... :/ Darn me anyway.)

I did take a couple of pictures of what I don't hate, at least. :lol:
Spoiler:
peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:Must say, your interiors look excellent! :o I couldn't get mine looking nearly as good. I booted up my game thinking I'd kept my original farm design but I must have messed it up thinking I could make it look better and...I didn't.

(I had a nice pond crammed next to the house with a bunch of trees grown next to it and a nice paddock design on the large side for the animals that just felt very natural... :/ Darn me anyway.)

I did take a couple of pictures of what I don't hate, at least. :lol:
Spoiler:
thank you so much for the compliments ^^ and i think your interior looks lovely! i like the black and gold accents! i was having trouble too, deciding whether i should go for black or white furniture... monochrome colours really do go well with everything.

and that sounds really pretty! a pond with those lumber trees, right!? i think it'd be so amazing if someone had their farm decorated with crafts with all those trees! you could go for the tranquil, cottage vibe or a farming forest fairy vibe, haha

miko, do you wanna do a farm tour? :)

edit: omg finally i took better pictures. derpppp

peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

during this pandemic, i’ve just been playing sos for my quarantine! decorating the house is really fun, and i’m almost finished with my farm! woohoo!
peachjuice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

here is the current farm! ^^ cardcaptor sakura is my inspiration