Any games you still care about on 3DS?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

In the last year, how often have you played on your 3DS? (On average)

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm curious to know how many still regularly play on their Nintendo 3DS. What games do you still play, and are there any you still want to play that you haven't gotten to, yet?

Personally, I haven't picked up my 3DS in months, but I'm still considering Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, and Monster Hunter Stories.

And I may never touch New Leaf again, but there's always a chance I'll want to go back and replay ANB, SoS, or Trio, or Fantasy Life. The Ace Attorney games that are not yet on Switch, too. So I'll be keeping my 3DS until it doesn't work any more, and if it does stop working, I'll be sad, cuz there are still plenty of things you can only play there, even if a lot of others got ported or even enhanced/remade for Switch.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I still love my 3DS! I usually play it more than my Switch, actually (though I do go through periods of playing the Switch more). It's more portable than even the Switch Lite (which I have) and the battery life is still better even considering how old it is. I still have both my original 3DS XL and my New 3DS XL and I'm not planning on getting rid of either one soon, so at least I'll have a backup in case one of them dies. (I also miss having a pen for the touch screen with the Switch? It was just a better experience for me, personally.)

As for games, the only games I play with any regularity anymore are Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon Picross, but I do return to Tomodachi Life, Pokémon Omega Ruby, and the HM/SoS games from time to time. There's still a lot of games I have yet to play as well, like the Persona Q series, Fantasy Life, FE Awakening, MH Stories, and some DS games I never got around to. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing my 3DS for many years to come, even after the online services are inevitably shut down.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yes! I'm still playing ACNL on my 3DS weekly, and I plan to go back to RF4 to 100% some of the categories sometime too. I also still want to play Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia and the two Professor Layton games on it. Which reminds me that I have an ongoing playthrough (that I should get back to) of FE Awakening as well looll
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I haven't played my 3ds in a while, but I do still have a ton of games I would like to reply when I get the chance. Especially when traveling as the Switch tends to go through battery rather quickly and I feel the 3ds is less intrusive when on planes. Favorite games are the SoS games, Pokemon X/Y, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, and the Etrian Odyssey games.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It’s been a few months but I recently found my RF 1-3 games and I really want to go back and play those again. Especially since I’m having a hard time remembering them even tho I remember liking them a lot:/
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm definitely not DONE with the 3DS, but I'm not playing it now. I was actively playing a couple games in the beginning of the year, and this topic reminds me I have a few games favorited in the hopes that Nintendo will email if THOSE go on sale (not just Switch titles), but who knows.

The 3DS catalog is way too broad to just dump, though for me it's mostly a virtual console machine anymore. The biggest exception is Professor Layton. I still have the last game in the original series to go back to. (Iirc Layton games have never been digital - on 3DS anyhow, which makes it a bit of a pain.)

One of my favorite stories was getting Miracle Mask on sale for $10...the guy at GameStop said I walked in right as he was putting the store's only copy out too. Apparently Layton fans are a bit rabid. :lol:
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Huh, I had thought it was the Professor Layton games that were digital-only, but turns out I was thinking of Ace Attorney (which I already have and played). I guess I should check the local game store to see if they still have copies..
lesbianfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I still replay the Professor Layton games from time to time (both the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy). And I still play Rune Factory 4, HM:TOTT and HM:DS quite a bit as well. I check Animal Crossing: New Leaf every once in a while but usually I feel too guilty since I've mostly abandoned it for New Horizons :(

I still own a few other games but I don't really play them anymore.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got rid of my 3DS not long after the Switch came along. As some one who rarely replays games just for the fun of it, I saw little point in keeping it - especially when it started collecting dust. Don't get me wrong, I loved the system so much I had one for my region and another from Japan, but as releases thinned and I had pretty much burned through the available library, It was time to say goodbye.

My one regret is that I gave up on the localization of Yokai Watch 3, only for it to eventually release two years later after getting rid of my NA system. I REALLY don't understand why they dragged their feet so long with the 3rd entry (and now with the 4th - where in the heck is it?!) and I've played with the idea of getting an old 2DS just to play this one game I missed out on, but I don't think it's worth it. I think the only other game I missed out on that I'd willingly play is the 4th Style Savvy game, but again, it's probs not worth going through all the trouble.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The 4th Style Savvy is worth a lot of trouble imo. As is Disney Magical World 2. And Ever Oasis... and many other small games released when the 3DS was last legging it into the Switch Times.

As for me, I played my 3DS heavily during the first year of the Switch, as I didn't have a Switch. During the second year, I played probably 75% 3DS and 25% Switch until about the time Dragon Quest Builders 2 came out, where I abruptly transitioned and finally turned off my 3DS using the power button. Now on the third year, I'm 100% Switch. Not to say I haven't messed around with my 3DS some here and there, but it is few and far between.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I only use my 3DS when I’m sitting in my mom’s church lol. It’s not often but I still use it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had to go to 'church' 3 times a week until I was about around 20, and my parents would have been furious if I had even taken a 3DS with me there, let alone actually played it, lol. I'd have been lectured for a year!

I do think the 3DS is still a MUCH cozier handheld than the Switch. Way nicer to hold (even with the Switch in a comfort grip) and a much better battery. But it's hard to take the downgrade in graphic quality, for me.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well I still had RF4 to play .. but then I got a switch ... and the RF4 Switch version ... so ... ... I guess it's time to trade it in.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LOL I brought my 3DS to church allll the time during my summer visits home from college. They had free wifi! Never played it during services, but before and after were fair game. There was also a community garden there and my mom had a big plot, so I'd play in the car while she'd tend it.
nicolemagicfarm

Post  Posted:

I still love my old banged up 3DS! It's really a wonder that it still works. It's the light pink one. I pick it up to play Trio of Towns every once in a while. I'm almost at year 4. I never got to it before and I want to get the brown alpaca and make more clothes. I'm still trying to get all the recipes, then I want to start a new game from scratch with all the clothes and recipes. I am pretty bored of it though, but it's really great to play when I have insomnia and I can play and relax until I can sleep.