New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did not expect the Taiko RPG 3DS games to ever get ported
I played the demo for these back in the day when I had a Japanese 3DS. They're OK, but as Taiko is my favorite in the rhythm genre, I'll be getting this. It has the normal mode anyways, so just playing for fun is also an option.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Taiko RPG seems interesting enough but that's about it. I know that a pandemic is going on but so far, no new NSW games announced so far interest me. I just hope that there's RF 5 or a new main BokuMono game get a teaser of some kind. Otherwise, it looks like I will be PC gaming this 2020. Hopefully that Cyberpunk 2077 and Valhalla don't get pushed back though and my PC can run them. :lol: I haven't finished Odyssey though so I might finished that first before getting Valhalla since Ubisoft games seems to get sale so often even if it just release.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’m super excited for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2!! But new Tetris games always get me excited lol. The Taiko RPGs also look interesting, and I like rhythm games so I might give them a try.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm posting the new Scarlet Nexus trailer because I'm pretty interested in the game...but I think it'll end up being another Astral Chain, for me. I'm still interested in Astral Chain, but can't commit to it because I don't think I'd actually enjoy the gameplay enough to want to complete it. (EDIT: Saw a trailer for Jurassic Park on Swtch, too, which looked really cool...but probably also not my thing. I don't like dinosaurs, they're just grody huge lizards. But it was a total surprise to me and the graphics are really nice and I am curious. If anyone is not aware, Gamescom Opening Night Live is streaming right now.)
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

^ Scarlet Nexus definitely looks fascinating, but I actually have the same concerns as you do with the Astral Chain similarities exactly. I actually own and have played a bit of Astral Chain...but it really failed to keep my attention for very long and it's one of the (many) games that I've forgotten about.

It's a bad habit of mine to try to play sci-fi/dystopian themed games when I know that I generally don't like the theme/setting. B')
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kaiyumi wrote:^ Scarlet Nexus definitely looks fascinating, but I actually have the same concerns as you do with the Astral Chain similarities exactly. I actually own and have played a bit of Astral Chain...but it really failed to keep my attention for very long and it's one of the (many) games that I've forgotten about.

It's a bad habit of mine to try to play sci-fi/dystopian themed games when I know that I generally don't like the theme/setting. B')
I really dislike sci-fi and dystopian stuff. Anything to do with space, too. Enough that I'm usually not even tempted by games that have those settings. However, once in a while, a game comes up with that kind of setting, but also a bunch of features I know I DO like, maybe even a lot...and I always think maybe the pro-con balance might shift in my favour and I'll end up loving the game after all.

This almost never happens. For me, 'dislikes' have more weight than 'likes'. One big dislike and it's almost impossible for a game to provide enough likes to balance that one dislike. I'd say the ONLY time it has ever happened would be with XCX, and that only barely qualifies as sci-fi, as it leans heavily into fantasy, imo...it doesn't really feel all that futuristic or modern. In fact, I bet plenty of lovers of sci-fi probably don't feel it qualifies as sci-fi at all.

Though I still have Astral Chain on my wishlist, and Scarlet Nexus will go on it, too. These are the games I most wish would have a demo. I'm very grateful that Code Vein had a demo. I loved a lot about it, but it was TOO DARK. (Literally, the game had so little colour that I felt bleak about it.) Also, the combat was really tricky. And I don't think that's only because I'm an uncoordinated clutz.

I kinda liked the Opening Night Live thing. Two hours got too dull and tiring, but the first half hour or so was fun, even though I doubt I'll get any of the games. It was very showy.
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I have that exact issue too, where I think maybe this game will be the one that I'll actually enjoy because the characters/mechanics/etc seem great...but then I still really can't get around the sci-fi/dystopian setting. The SMT games (outside of the Persona spinoffs) are good examples of this, because I love 90% of them, but sometimes the 10% that makes up the bleak setting is enough to make me not finish the game.

I feel you with the "too dark" thing! Unless I'm playing a horror game (as that is my favourite genre!), I typically prefer brighter colours and characters.

............I still can't get into sci-fi/dystopian horror games though, so that still applies even if the darker themes work better
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, um...I don't know what 'Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds" is, but Level 5 posted about it today on Twitter, and there's a pretty official site for it. Mobile game? Browser game? Console? I don't know anything, but I like the site. Looking it up on Google...it's an MMORPG. Probably Japan only? Very pretty, anyway. Can't look up more right now...something weird is going on with my laptop.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Okay, um...I don't know what 'Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds" is, but Level 5 posted about it today on Twitter, and there's a pretty official site for it. Mobile game? Browser game? Console? I don't know anything, but I like the site. Looking it up on Google...it's an MMORPG. Probably Japan only? Very pretty, anyway. Can't look up more right now...something weird is going on with my laptop.
I remember them advertising this last year so I guess it's finally coming out. It is a mobile MORPG, which is a waste imo, but it's probably never leaving Japan just like Fantasy Life 2.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/ni-no-k ... ite-opened
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Level 5 is a rotter for that. Generally, I really dislike mobile gaming, as I find it very shallow. Everything is designed to be digested in wee, bite-sized pieces, and that is NOT what I want in gaming...I want the massive and the epic. Huge worlds and deep stories for marathon play sessions in a comfy recliner with my trusty controller in hand.

But Fantasy Life 2 (mobile) is one game I really wanted to try. Fantasy Life is great for that...the story of the original on console was pretty darned shallow and unsophisticated, even kiddish, but it was the game-play that really mattered (and I don't tend to say that kind of thing.) Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds seems like it'd be fun and easy-going to try, as well.

I don't really have any hope for Fantasy Life 2 in the west...that title is too niche. But Ni no Kuni isn't quite as niche, so...maybe? I'd love to see it hit PS4/5 in North America. I don't like my PC bogged down by gaming when I use it continually to check the weather, the news, to shop on, as a dictionary, a thesaurus, an encyclopaedia, a music-player, to communicate with, etc...and I hate mobile devices...but on PS4 or 5, that'd be another matter.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guardian Tales released in English recently and although it is a mobile gatcha game with some online elements, it is a pretty good game! Controller compatible too. Mainly an Action RPG with a fairly barebones town builder as your home screen (super charming)! The artwork and music are gorgeous. Overall the English version is fairly good, there's not a ton of dialogue but there also aren't moments of sheer incomprehension about the story or goals or a ton of typos (although there are a few, haha). It is filling a niche for me since I've been in a lot of pain lately, out of energy, and get severely dizzy when I try to stand up and walk around. Anyone who would presumably be interested in a Level-5 mobile game might like it, in other words. The one major complaint I have is that the companion AI is dumb as heck and they'll die instantly on anything even slightly challenging, leaving you to solo all the tough stuff.

I would like to get Moon and Spiritfarer at some point but I'm feeling kinda like, burnt out of trying new things for a little bit.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Seems cute, Arcy, and town building is always a plus. I go a long way out of my way to never have to use a tablet, though. (I own one but it's covered in an inch of dust, lol.)

And I want this game, so now that it's been given a release window, I'm gonna post that. Happy that Ys VIII's more involved story was a hit feature that the devs have decided they need to continue with...I'm way more happy if there is always a significant, cohesive trail of a story to follow in a game:
EDIT: Genshin Impact will be on PS4 on September 28th. (Previously that date was only confirmed for PC and mobile.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had legit given up on Genshin Impact hitting PS4 this year, but ho boy, now I know what I'll be playing for the rest of 2020. Better get that backlog finished asap!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

https://nintendosoup.com/monster-collec ... j61KQrekY8

Monster Harvest is an upcoming RPGnd farming game.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Big oof on the Sakura Wars news this morning.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/sega-an ... os-android

As someone who's admired the series for years and in finally getting to play the most recent entry this year, this news sucks. A big part of the series is the Taisho Period / 1920s aesthetic, and for Sakura Wars to be modernized and dumbed down into a gacha mobile game, it's extremely disappointing. The Japanese fans don't seem to be taking it well and I can't blame them. This is a cash grab over a beloved series, one with a lot of history and faithful fans. Sega, « What The Eggplant » are you doing.