Costume party - ACNH

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does anybody want to go to a New Horizons costume party in October?

I don't have anything set in mind, other than that each person must wear a costume (a vampire costume, a nurse/doctor costume, a hobo costume, a secretary...whether it's an in-game costume or one you've cobbled out of ordinary in-game clothing doesn't matter.)

It'd be nice to all be there are the same time to get a big group picture. I think 8 people is the max, and I've never multiplayered with more than 2 people at once so I don't know how well it works, but if more than 8 people want to do it, we can divide into groups. Anyone could be the host, or A host if we need more than one island (though extra points to any island that has a decently-sized party/reception/gathering area in it that would make for nice photos.) If we stuck to the basic idea of just showing off our costumes and getting a few pictures, it'd only need to be a 10-15 minute thing, not too much of a time commitment.

Just an idea. We could add a gift exchange (like a secret santa kind of a thing) or little games (like a treasure hunt...stuff that requires only the most basic communication that could hopefully be posted ahead of time on FOGU so that we don't have to worry about the awful in-game chatting option) or something if just getting together to show off our costumes isn't interesting enough. If that's wanted, we could decide them together, or let the host decide. (I'd be willing to be host, but only if nobody else was.) It's at least a month off, but I figured I should bring it up now in case anyone wants to do something more elaborate, or in case it needs more coordination than it might seem.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That’d be fun. I have a mummy costume I can put together and depending on what setting you’re looking for I can build a little something. I was going to build a outdoor library anyway.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't have anything in mind at all, other than costumes and any interesting setting for pictures. Can be creepy or candy-ish for a Halloween feel, if that's wanted, or anything, really. Beachy, foresty, night time, day time...anything is okay with me. We could even have multiple locations, if a multiple people would like to host. It could be like bar-hopping, lol. We should have plenty of time to talk out some ideas and agree on something.

For anyone who is interested, here are some things you may want to consider:
  • Are you willing to host the party? Or one of the parties, if we break it into groups. Or would you prefer to just be an attendee?
  • If you're interested in hosting, do you have a nice setting for photos for anywhere from 2-8 people?
  • How flexible are you on time/date?
  • Do you have a costume in mind?
  • Do you want to just meet briefly to show off a costume, take a photo or three, maybe grab or leave a souvenir, and then skedaddle, or would you want to play hide-and-seek or treasure hunt or in any other way make it a more involved affair?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have a carnival set up with plenty of mystery bags, and I can probably turn a beach area into something special. I just need to look through my recipes and such. I know I at least have graveyard stuff I just need stones lol
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’d love to be a part of this :)
I’m planning on going back to work in October and I don’t know my schedule yet but once I do, I can host or whatever. Not sure my island is all that scenic tho. I have plenty of waterfalls. :/
I already have a costume so even if I don’t host, I can drop by somewhere else. This sounds fun.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm interested in attending this, but I'm not the greatest at having a consistent sleep schedule!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm tentatively interested for now, because I'm not really sure what my schedule holds in the future. It's highly likely I'll fall asleep before the party even starts lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It won't be held late, hopefully, though we haven't discussed day/time yet. But I definitely wasn't thinking of doing it very late, because I don't do ANYTHING late in the day, I'm always way too tired. :) Plus I think everything looks better in daylight, in the game. (Unless it's supposed to be creepy, I guess...but there is hardly anything in ACNH that has a creepy look so I haven't been envisioning much of a creepy theme.)

What time of day do most of you play during?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Early morning, but I can try to be free in the afternoons as well. I'm more just worried about my potential work schedule and where it'll place me.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mostly afternoons. I can stay on until at least 11pm est. the only morning I’d be available is Sundays when mom goes to church and I have my stuff set up.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sounds like it'll be hard to plan a time, since at least two of us have no idea what day/time they'll be available. Is there a day that's more likely to be free for most? Like I've noticed that Sunday is even quieter than normal on the boards. Is that because it's a day where everyone is sleeping in and floating about at leisure, or is it because they're really busy on Sundays? October 25th is a Sunday and might be a good day, if that's a day that most have free. (It's also Pablo Picasso's birthday, though I...don't care about that, lol. But it's on an event calendar I just looked up!)

We may have to wait a while to figure out a date/time, though I think it's always going to be rather uncertain.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How about we do the party somewhere between October 24-30? (It's highly negotiable.) We could also bring a handful of our most expensive items (9 or less would work out great...enough to drop in one go without moving), just to drop for ten minutes to let everyone else there pick up and catalog while we were all together. No need to plan out what to bring...just anything pricey that people might pass up due to not having that many bells in their pockets, like the elaborate kimono stand (I have two of them) or the whirlpool tub, or etc. We probably all have different colours/designs of them, too, so even if duplicates are brought, who cares?

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Come in costume, catalogue a few items, take a few pics, and go home...probably won't take up more than fifteen minutes or so. Unless a host wants to plan something more elaborate like a treasure hunt or etc, but I personally don't want to go that far.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sounds good to me. I have that royal crown.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, so...let's try to figure out a time. Does anyone know day/time between October 24-31 (it can be earlier than that if desired, too) where they will definitely NOT be available? Gotta narrow it down somehow. Is one day more likely to be quiet than others? Or a time of day you are almost always able to play for half an hour or so? I'm good for pretty much any time, but if I were to say Sunday, October 25th at 7PM, how would that be? Do people eat dinner at that time? This is going to be tricky with different time zones. My time zone (Eastern, I'm in Ontario) 7PM would be 6PM for Bluie and only 4PM for anyone on the west coast. Maybe me saying 9PM in my zone would be better.

But for an example...the 'party' could last for...let's say the host opens their gate at 8:45 and people can wander in any time they like between then and 9, and then the party starts at 9, by each person showing up at the designated party spot, dropping their up-to-9 catalogue-worthy items in their 9x9 space, and then arranging themselves into the picture-taking area so that we can all be together until about 7:15 to take pictures of our little costumed people in a group.

I'm kinda brainstorming.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I was thinking, maybe we can do this in a span of 2-3 days instead of one. That way if someone can’t make it one day, they can make it another day. It’ll be easier if someone irl comes up. Maybe whoever hosts that day/time can set up a timeframe when there gates will be open? Just a thought :)