Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I've also been shaking the evergreen trees (probably not the maximum 9 though) but I only get twigs. I'll make sure to do 9 next time. Thanks Kikki!

Yeah, and peaches are my native fruit too! :) Ohh I'm not aware of the Blue Moon dream town.. is it this one? The thing with waterfalls is, they're loud :lol: and I've got a couple areas with small waterfalls around my island already. Although I could try revamping one into single-wide just to try it out..
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep, that's the Blue Moon place I went to. They have some very interesting cliff + waterfall areas. I don't like how heavily decorated it is, personally, though I do think it's all extremely well done and clever...I just like a more natural look with less items placed out, and easier travel without so many barriers.

Aren't the waterfalls in your pictures single-wide already? They look like it.

I've come across trees I had to shake nearly 20 times before an acorn or pine cone would fall, but normally it's more frequent than that. I've read that the rate they will drop is 15% of the twig drops. But you can be lucky or unlucky. Still, they WILL eventually fall, and infinitely, from every tree...as long as you have the patience to just keep shaking and shaking (and picking all those twigs up to make room for more twigs to drop, ugh. I don't want all these twigs! I guess only 8 can actually fall without moving or picking up, too...forgot that the tree takes up one of the spaces.)
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Ooh thanks, I'll go over when I can (along with Shan's island) :) (and I thought single-wide meant one long/wide waterfall haha my bad)

I actually got 3 pine cones yesterday! So I was able to make a brown leaf pile xD So far, I still only have four seasonal recipes (yellow leaf pile, brown leaf pile, balancing toy, and the tree's bounty tree.

Also, I think I'm only missing one fossil! I can't wait to complete them so I don't have to go around searching for fossils everyday lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ugh, I have my least favourite visitor in town today. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate *her* or anything, but...Sable is a waste of space on the visitor list. Her clothing is ugly, AND I already have all of it unlocked, so she's completely pointless, particularly since I really dislike doing the fashion checks. The 'example' clothing she gives out is always hideous stuff like the comedian jacket and other weird-looking stuff like the thief costume that Alizée would never wear (though Scirocco probably would...she likes goofy and garish clothing. But Alizée won't wear anything that looks like a costume.) I'd love to be able to retire her from Windfall's visitor list permanently. Well...until I already have everything I need from every OTHER visitor, anyway. She could come back after I no longer need her space for Gullivarr/Gulliver or Redd, or even Saharah. (I actually never see Saharah any more, though I don't really mind.) I think I also already have everything from Kicks.

I haven't been getting any new recipes out of balloons. I got two yellow leaf piles, an acorn pochette, and Isabelle gave me a Tree's Bounty Little Tree on the first of the month. Good thing you have so long to collect them. I really like that series and there are a few pieces I want to make for my magic mushroom forest.

I believe it was on the 7th that the seasonal spot in the store finally disappeared. I had been wondering when it would...thought it'd be out on the 1st. No more rotating ugly white surfboard/ugly green fan, lol. I don't know if others had pretty versions, but my seasonal offerings were not appealing at all. I wonder why it didn't change to fall season speciality items...I hadn't thought the spot would just disappear entirely.

I am now ready to give out my dream address; if anyone wants it, I'll PM it, since I don't want to make it publicly available anywhere. I'll send it to you, Pachi, since you already mentioned it. It's not that Windfall is done, but...I'm not motivated, so there's no sense in putting it off. The land itself is in the shape I want, and the water, and all the houses and so on are where they're gonna stay, so even if I still need to add a little more to the apiary and the graveyard, and clean up a bit more flowers...that's okay. Particularly since I can't really tackle the area around my own house or the big section of Bamboo Bluffs, yet...I don't have the stuff I need. So I'll settle for this.

I really should work on my house...I never pay any attention to it. I mostly randomly throw vaguely matching stuff into the rooms, and that's all. I only have one room I love in the two full-sized houses I have to decorate...the upstairs of Zay's house. (The combination workshop/trophy room.) Even the layout there isn't interesting. But I don't seem to care about interior decorating in ACNH, for some reason. Maybe because I don't like any of the furniture sets all that much? Not sure.

Really wish I could have one more incline, though. Or that the 8 inclines and 8 bridges could be combined, allowing you to have, say, 10 inclines and 6 bridges, or whatever combo you want. You defintely need more inclines than bridges, imo...though I guess it depends on your design. If you have a flat town with rivers everywhere, I guess it'd be the opposite!
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I believe it was on the 7th that the seasonal spot in the store finally disappeared. I had been wondering when it would...thought it'd be out on the 1st. No more rotating ugly white surfboard/ugly green fan, lol. I don't know if others had pretty versions, but my seasonal offerings were not appealing at all. I wonder why it didn't change to fall season speciality items...I hadn't thought the spot would just disappear entirely.
You know what, I only realized that spot was the spot for seasonal items when it suddenly disappeared lmao. I kept wondering why that spot only ever rotated surfboards and the green fan :lol: I wonder when the fall items would come in. I already got the announcement letter from Nook's Cranny but the spot is still empty..
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:
Kikki wrote:I believe it was on the 7th that the seasonal spot in the store finally disappeared. I had been wondering when it would...thought it'd be out on the 1st. No more rotating ugly white surfboard/ugly green fan, lol. I don't know if others had pretty versions, but my seasonal offerings were not appealing at all. I wonder why it didn't change to fall season speciality items...I hadn't thought the spot would just disappear entirely.
You know what, I only realized that spot was the spot for seasonal items when it suddenly disappeared lmao. I kept wondering why that spot only ever rotated surfboards and the green fan :lol: I wonder when the fall items would come in. I already got the announcement letter from Nook's Cranny but the spot is still empty..
The announcement was probably for the moon rug that became available on the 7th, rather than for the shop itself, wasn't it? I don't think I got any announcement about seasonal offerings in Nook's Cranny, just from the special (seasonal) shopping available through the kiosk.

Well, I hope we DO get seasonal items in the store itself again, though. The store is so small without it. Not that it's huge even with it, but it made it look more developed to have that in the corner.

I know we're going to get another store upgrade, cuz the outside design with the unused reserved space convinces me that it has another expansion design still coming. But I'm betting that'll only happen after a really big update with a lot of new furniture pieces, or another merchant or something, added to the pot.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I literally just caught celest for the first time in weeks! I know she’s supposed to come like twice a month or something like that but this was the first time I found her.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LOL, after a month or two of not seeing her, I mention it once, and Saharah shows up again :) (I don't mind.)

But I came on to say that Weber said something I found to be laugh-out-loud funny-cute, today. He told me that he really tries to find furniture that feels like 'him'...but he's still softer. (His words, not mine!)

Thank you, jones, for the Virgo harp, it's beautiful! :) And I'll almost definitely never get it on my own, because I just cannot play in the evening/at night.

I got another cute dress today that made me realize that I really need a third character. All my weird/eccentric-looking clothing goes to Scirocco, who is a big goofball. But I need a third, cutesypoo character who likes wearing the excessively cute stuff that Alizée turns her nose up at. (She likes cute, but a lot of dresses are TOO cute for her taste, too doll-like.) I think her name would be Zephyree, and if I do go through with making her, I think I'll stick her way up on Bamboo Bluffs. Though I guess she could live in Sable Glade with Bruce...
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There’s going to be Shooting Stars on my island tonight if anyone wanna come over. I don’t think Celest is coming though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Celeste always comes when you have a major star shower. I don't think she'll ever not come, no matter what other guests you have or when you last saw her. She even shows up for most minor star showers.

Redd has been coming once every two weeks for the last month. Got other characters every week, which I didn't want, but...oh well. I wonder if the west wind blew him in. In Windfall the morning wind almost always comes from the east, but today it's from the west. Well, whatever blew him into port...I got the Hokusai print today...Mt. Fuji with the huge wave. Great wave of Kanagawa or something like that. I didn't have that one yet, so yay. It was his only real one. Got a soup bucket, too. Though it probably isn't called soup bucket? And I got a loft bed with desk, too. Redd is such a rip off, though! But I don't mind, with him being a rare guest and all and always having things in colours I can't get in my own store.

Otherwise, life in Windfall's not all that exciting, atm. Tree's Bounty DIYs really aren't showing up at all, and the grass has been stuck at this shade of lime green for a week, it seems.

Current project: Build a lot of sign posts to put up the name of each region (bamboo bluffs, witchwater wode, sable glade, etc). Make one more yellow beehive. Find a large statue or item for the graveyard. Get more Tree's Bounty DIYs! (I've still only shot down ONE. I got the yellow leaf pile twice. Isabelle gave me the little tree one...and that's all I've got. Oh, and...create Zephyree. I think I do need one more player character resident.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Celeste will not come if you have K.K. Slider in town, even if you have a Meteor Shower that night - it has happened to me and a few friends at this point, and yes, they were actual Meteor Showers with special dialogue from Isabelle and Animal Neighbors.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:Celeste will not come if you have K.K. Slider in town, even if you have a Meteor Shower that night - it has happened to me and a few friends at this point, and yes, they were actual Meteor Showers with special dialogue from Isabelle and Animal Neighbors.
That’s what I had originally thought. Plus she already came days before. She won’t come for both showers.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Arcy wrote:Celeste will not come if you have K.K. Slider in town, even if you have a Meteor Shower that night - it has happened to me and a few friends at this point, and yes, they were actual Meteor Showers with special dialogue from Isabelle and Animal Neighbors.
That’s what I had originally thought. Plus she already came days before. She won’t come for both showers.
Yeah, she will only appear one night a week no matter what. Meteor Shower if you have one that week or random day with Shooting Stars if you don't. So if you've seen her already since Monday you have to wait 'til next week to see her again, or visit her on another island. ;)
EphemeralClemency
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I have Celeste and a meteor shower on my island right now. Ignore how empty it is because I recently reset it. You'll need a ladder to get to her. She is on the highest cliff top on the left side of the island. There's an incline right near it along with a house. There's a garden wagon DIY near resident services if anyone needs. Dodo code is CLOSED.
Last edited by EphemeralClemency on Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would but if’s almost midnight here.