"Legend of the Sea King"?

A fishing RPG that's older than Harvest Moon. Current games include River King 1 (GB/3DS VC), River King 2 (GBC/3DS VC), River King Advanced (GBA), A Wonderful Journey (Ps2), and Mystic Valley (DS)
XxNanaxX
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Hi all,
I was at my parent's house today and I looked through my pile of old Nintendo Power magazines, and in an issue that was, I think, from 1999, there was an article about "Legend of the Sea King" for Game Boy. It was the same as River King, but with saltwater fish. It had a full review and a score at the end of the magazine, too. I didn't remember the article because back then I wasn't interested, but now that I do know River King, it caught my attention, and I have never seen this game in store or read anything about it online. I just did a quick Google search, and a Wiki page said that a North American release was planned, but eventually cancelled. This is really weird, because if the NP staff made a full review of it, the game was pretty much completed and ready for release... does anyone know more about this?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I've never seen a Sea King North American cartridge. There was a Sea King version of it in Japan though (at least two). If there was a NA version ready to go, but then cancelled, perhaps it'll show up on the 3DS Virtual Console some day.
DaveTheMan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Interesting the [b]Very Bad Thing™[/b] of this games was in the Big Nintendo Leak