Everafter Falls

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
SquareHusky
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello everyone!
I'm the developer of the game called Everafter Falls which Cherubae has been so kind to post about in a couple of Farm'n Friday posts.
Just wanted to pop in to say hello to this community, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the game, its development, or the Kickstarter.

Thanks!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Since SquareHusky is posting as a fishie and probably can't post live links, I thought I'd go ahead and do it. :) The Kickstarter for Everafter Falls is HERE. It's doing pretty well, being about half funded already with 24 days to go.

I like the Wurple and Totonut trees...it's really cool that every tree has it's own style. :) And all the mushrooms. The style is cute, too, and I love the walk/run animation. Water, too, is done beautifully, imo.
SquareHusky2
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you Kikki for being so considerate and generally awesome all around :)

I am awaiting for my account to be confirmed so I'll just post as a fishie for now.

I appreciate the nice feedback. I do plan on having some more mushroom species, in particular, ones that grow only on certain tree bark.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I've heard it can take a bit to get an account confirmed. :) No worries, the rest of us can post links for you until you're able to log in, if necessary. It's cool that this game is...should I call it Cambodian-Australian? (The Kickstarter says the base is Sydney, but you wrote that you're in Cambodia now. I really like to see games coming from places other than Japan and the US.)

I seriously love the mushrooms. My favourite are the black ones with the white spots and white stems, but I like quite a few of them. Having some that'll only grow on the bark of certain trees is some nice attention to detail. In general, I like the crops...nice mix of real-world fruit and veg and fantasy stuff. :)
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sydney represent! Not a lot of devs around here so we have to take what we can get... Even when they're technically based in Cambodia now...

Some cool gameplay concepts in here for sure.
For a more immersive experience, trees change at different rates when the season changes. This small touch not only increase diversity in the environment, but provides a visual cue for when a season is ending and a new one starting.
Ahhh yesss. I've always wanted this in more farming games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's very cute. I will admit that I was initially turned off by how the models looked, but it grows on you, especially seeing them in motion. I'll check in with the bank of Bluie when I get off of work today and see what I can do~
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

SquareHusky, from my own experience, better write in the contact area to request that the account be activated, in my case it took months and they activated it until I wrote to them. (Maybe it was just my bad luck, I'll never know)

I like the concept of the game, its graphics seem relaxing and full of details. Good luck on the kickstarter and success with the game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The music is enjoyable, too. :) I'm afraid I don't really have much in the way of questions, though. Interesting choice to opt against any romance/family system, when that's a staple of the genre. Maybe it'll be more story-driven, instead?
SquareHusky

Post  Posted:

Hi Bluie, I appreciate you considering supporting me. Thank you!]'.>=[=

Areli, I just got account activated, thanks for the suggestion though and taking the time to help me out :)

Kikki, a lot of the game revolves around the story and characters and it just didn't make sense to implement something like this. I think when people play through it, they'll understand why it wouldn't have worked with one. I'm hoping the game makes up for it in other areas :)
SquareHusky

Post  Posted:

Ninety wrote:Sydney represent! Not a lot of devs around here so we have to take what we can get... Even when they're technically based in Cambodia now...

Some cool gameplay concepts in here for sure.
For a more immersive experience, trees change at different rates when the season changes. This small touch not only increase diversity in the environment, but provides a visual cue for when a season is ending and a new one starting.
Ahhh yesss. I've always wanted this in more farming games.

Hey Ninety, Sydney has been most my life, and while I do miss it, although I do find it little fast-paced for me (CBD anyway). Plus, I couldn't afford to spend as much time on working on my game if I were still there. I'll definitely be back though :)
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Well, I'm glad you've found somewhere that allows you to focus on your personal project for a greater length of time. Thankfully I'm located quite far from the inner city myself, in a quiet area that, I think, would be a lot more appealing to the HM crowd here than the CBD.

Out of interest, which engine are you developing Everafter Falls in?
SquareHusky

Post  Posted:

Yes, the suburbs are quite chill for sure :)

I'm working in Unity, it's actually my first time using it and I think it's a pretty amazing piece of software. Once you familiarize yourself with it, the feature set is really good.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You get a 'digital copy' of the game when you back it. Does that mean digital for PC specifically, or do you get to choose between a copy for PC or one for Switch?
SquareHusky

Post  Posted:

Hi Kikki,
You'll be able to choose a Steam key or Switch e-shop version :)
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

SquareHusky wrote:Areli, I just got account activated, thanks for the suggestion though and taking the time to help me out :)
I'm glad they activated your account soon.
And congratulations because the kickstarter is already founded.