Animal Crossing: New Horizons~

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

How are you liking the game so far?

You may select 1 option

View results

Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Franklin won't spawn for me. Kicks is where he is
You need to have the upgraded Resident Service building with Isabelle for this event.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Franklin won't spawn for me. Kicks is where he is
You need to have the upgraded Resident Service building with Isabelle for this event.
I do. I wonder if a special character cancels out Franklin. None of the characters even mention Turkey Day anymore
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wait, apparently this event requires a Nintendo Account. Dang, the previous events didn't and I don't feel like making an account
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you’re interested this was what it looked like.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I am loving the winter aspect present on the island now: snow, snowflakes, knit hats, sweaters and coats, but I was really looking forward to making snowmen. Weirdly, after multiple days of checking I have not come across any snowballs. I wonder if it's because between furniture, trees, and flowers I don't have much plain grassy area left? If that's the case, I may be missing out on the DIYs the snowmen are supposed to give you. :( Anyone else have this problem?
(I'm not trying to make a zombie thread, promise, I just thought it'd be better to use this one since it's still on the first page rather than making a new one. Hope it's ok.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Snowballs only appears in a open area. That also includes paths and flowers. As in your area has to be clear of everything
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Yeeah I think there might be some issues with snowballs having enough room to spawn. :/ For the first couple days I could only get them to spawn in one spot, so I cleared off an area where my pumpkins were and boom new snowballs.

So far I've only gotten Snowboys (not sure if the rest of the family is here anymore...). They seem to take quite a while to melt too.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The rest of the family doesn’t exist this time. Each snowboy only lasts 4 days, and I tested today that friends cannot get snowflakes while your secondary character(s) CAN get their own recipe as long as they know how to craft.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Some Tidbits about Snowboys and Large Snowflakes C&P from a discord chat today.

I did the math on this and if you make a perfect Snowboy every single day and don't skip a day of talking to them you will wind up with 266 Large Snowflakes by the end of the season. So please don't pay an overpriced amount on the player market places for the Large Snowflakes.

I've been eyeballing the Snowboy daily creation using the "as big as the top of your eyes, as big as the pointy part of your ear" method thus far but today I tested the "10 pathway long" method of making a perfect Snowboy and it worked out, well, perfectly. There are multiple ways to make them so looking up guides and finding one which works best for you is ideal. No matter how you learn things there is sure to be at least one method out there that will work for you.

If you're having problems making them I highly suggest the path method, you just make two MAX sized snowballs, put them just off each edge of a 2x10 long pathway, and roll one snowball completely over to the other one on that path. It will slowly lose snow as it rolls over and at the end it will be the perfect size for a head, ensuring a perfect Snowboy each day.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I personally trust the ten path trick. I did it today and it worked perfectly.

Also if you mess up, you CAN restart. All you have to do is hit the home button on your switch during the dialogue and close game with the X button. When you reopen the game the snowballs will respond.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Re: Snowboys, the third method I've seen bandied about is for smaller "perfect" snowboys and it works well if you're good at ticking like a metronome... make the "big" ball by rolling for exactly 17 seconds, make the "small" ball by rolling for exactly 12 seconds, push small onto large on the 13th second. Kicking doesn't count at all, only pushing so if you mess up the counting you can roll it on pavements until it is kick size again.

I'm glad other people are starting to "get it", I keep forgetting that this a lot of people's first Animal Crossing game and there's a natural tendency to want to make the head much smaller than the body part, but the proportions that the game demands for perfection are much more tight than that.

Again, there's tons of resources on this online and as long as your game isn't autosaving at the moment you goof, you can always reset the game and try again! Heck, if you're rolling it and you think you messed up, you can even just push the ball you're rolling over a path or the plaza until it is small again (or destroy it in water or a tree or something and wait for a respawn).
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Ah, good to know, thanks everybody. I guess I have some flowers to thin out, lol.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is there a way to get lights on the trees? I was replaying the Gamecube game a while back and I remembered why I loved December in AC so much. The lights are so nostalgic.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Is there a way to get lights on the trees? I was replaying the Gamecube game a while back and I remembered why I loved December in AC so much. The lights are so nostalgic.
It happens automatically on the 15th (today), but you must have fully grown Cedar Trees. Number of trees that are lit are proportionate to about half of number of adult Cedars you have. Not sure if there's a cap, just something I noticed between my two islands.

Important: moving trees with fruit and shovel causes loss of decoration.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Also to note, getting Ornaments is much easier than acorns :3