Outstanding screenshots (in one way or another!)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Was deleting some of my thousands of screenshots off my Switch, because they were taking up memory space, and encountered some that I don't even understand. Like, AT ALL. I found one that I recognize none of the characters or even the art style, and the words they are saying are bizarre.

I also found some cute ones that reminded me of good points of games I don't remember much about. And I found some beautiful ones. Aaaaaand...I figure you guys probably have some, too! So I'm making a thread for people to post their strangest, cutest, most mysterious and perplexing screenshots.

Feel free to post more than one batch of them. But if you think your screenshot is spoilery, please tag and hide it! Also, HIDE ANY SCREENSHOT THAT STRETCHES THE PAGE, thank you. If it's huge, put it behind a spoiler cut. :) If it is small enough that it doesn't stretch the screen at all, and you're only posting one or two, then no cut needed.

Here are mine, for now. I have more. First I'll post the one that confused me most. I had no idea what game this from, who the character was, or why he was saying this. It wasn't until I decided to try to post it on Twitter that my Switch told me it's from World End Syndrome. Must have been when I played the demo?

And with that, I have a theme! Here's another screenshot I found, though I know full well what game this is and who the character is and even why they're saying what they're saying. But, out of context, it's like...what?

And I'll stop with those two for now and let others post some screenshots that are, for some reason, strange or interesting. (Or extra cute or touching or beautiful or mysterious or...whatever makes them special.) But don't think I don't have more! I uploaded 29 odd screenshots from my Switch to my laptop this morning.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From someone who spends some of her time looking at and creating Rp characters, Kensuke is really good looking XD /smacked sorry

Seriously I should have some shots somewhere I could share.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You don't have to get a smack just cuz you think that li'l perv is cute :) (I assume by that screenshot that he's a bit of a perv, but I don't actually remember. The shot baffled me for a while, honestly...I had no idea where it had come from until I went to post it.) It'd be a lot weirder if it were Grossman you thought was good-looking, imo.

Anyway, please do :) Doesn't matter why they're special, as long as there is something unusual about the screenshot, whether it be that they are saying inexplicably weird things (like the ones I put above) or they're beautiful, or cute or...whatever.

I'll post my three otome-based screenshots, now. The first one is from Code: Realize, but it was the fandisc or sequel or something, and I don't remember why Impey was saying this, or if he was saying it to Cardia or to Lupin, but either way, it makes me smile.

And the next two are from Collar X Malice. The first one is my favourite...well, I guess it's not a MISTAKE, but I think it is very awkward localization, because I assure you that his butt is not shaking...nor is he twerking or something...it's his back/shoulders, because he's trembling/emotional.

This one always gets me because Ichika (the female lead) is staring RIGHT AT THE PLAYER, as though sharing a moment with them, perhaps over the absurdity of what is going on in her story.

Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If a game has a photo mode, I tend to take a lot of glamor shots of whatever character I'm using. Either that or I try to catch moments in cutscenes with fun expressions or poses. I honestly use my Twitter to store all my faves, so here's some good ones I've taken:
Spoiler:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My goodness, doesn't Freiza look fetching in pink! And that 'pripara' girl, wow...I have never seen that many colours (or flowers) on a single character, before.

Was trying to decide if I want to post my little batch of BotW screenshots...each of which catches my attention for some reason though they are not at all funny...or my collection of RF4 screenshots, which are mostly Leon saying ridiculous things that, out of context, are quite peculiar. (Actually they're a bit silly IN context, so naturally they're complete nonsense when taken out of it.)

Then I realized...spoiler cuts. No reason why I can't put both. Here is my favourite BotW screenshot! (I'm including 3 more in the cut.) Why is it my favourite? Well...the composition. I just think this screenshot was perfectly framed, and not due to me. It's simply what I saw when I emerged from the Namika Ozz shrine, up on Crenel Hills. You're looking through a crack in a circular wall of rock, directly toward Hyrule Castle, and I think it just looks really cool.

Spoiler:
This one is special because I don't know where it is or what's going on in it. Why was the grass burning in that hugely long streak? I mean, it must have been me, and I'd think I was fighting a lynel, but I'm wearing the Hylian trousers, the Hylian hood, and the Zora armour! I'd never wear that to fight a lynel, so I don't know what was up, here. Which area had all these birch trees, or whatever these white-bark trees are? This appears to be right near Lake Kolomo, where there's a luminous stone talus, but I'm not near enough to it for it to be that, either. I must have had some fire weapon equipped, or something, but it bugs me, not knowing how I ended up with this screenshot.

This screenshot is simpler. It just makes me smile because this obsessed Blood Moon doofus is wanting to know everything he can about a Blood Moon and explaining to me what one even is, and if I should ever ever hear or see ANYTHING about one, please tell him, and I'm thinking, um, buddy...fella...if you'd just look over your shoulder...

This last one was thanks to a glitch in Lurelin village, though I'm not sure how I did it. I think if you were crouching in the water and used your scope-view, the water disappeared and you could see everything below it in perfect clarity, as though all the fish and coral and stuff were floating in open air.

And now, on to the RF4 screenshots! I have 3 of Leon saying ridiculous things, which will go under the cut, but to preface those, here is Volkanon. I...don't know who he wanted to kiss, though. I don't remember where this event or bit of dialogue fits.

Spoiler:
I simply don't remember why he said this. Why a spring fairy? I don't get it. Was Leon just being his teasy self again for no reason?

I think this one was part of the event where you can give the medicine to Arthur, or to multiple people in town instead, to make them act opposite to their normal character. But I'm not sure. Leon could say something this ridiculous even without Crazy Medicine. (No way am I picking that guy up. With all that muscle and height, Leon has got to be HEAVY.)

And the last one is just Leon being the goofus he is, continually saying untrue thing so dryly that people like Kiel, for example, instantly BELIEVE him and are fascinated, only to end up with him laughing at them for being so gullible. (Frey doesn't usually seem to fall for Leon's nonsense, but Kiel is a giant sucker.)

Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Technically not Frieza, but my character in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. There's 5 races to play as in Xenoverse 2, one of them being 'Frieza's Race'/'Frieza Alien'. Akira Toriyama never gave the race a proper name so they get Frieza's namesake loooool. IIRC, Frieza refers to you as 'one of his kind' when you speak to him while everyone else either mistakes you for Frieza or refers to you as a Frieza Alien. 'Frost Demons' is the fandom's name (named after the planet they're from/an old fanmade manga). ANYWAYS, I was playing again recently and found out that some of the combat instructors will make comments on your current instructor when you speak to them. These were my favorites:
Spoiler:
And if we're sharing BotW screens, here are my faves:
That Pripara game was developed by Syn Sophia, and they were 100% flexing their Style Savvy muscles with all the outfits you could unlock. I originally only bought the game because their names were attached to it. Goooosh, where is our Style Savvy on Switch, Nintendo?!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's all stuff that's really unfamiliar to me. I know nothing at all about the DBZ Xenoverse game. In fact, I'm not even sure that's what it's called. Certainly had no idea it had customization or ... how do I call it? Divisions? And having different masters with different dialogue? I thought it was just DBZ characters beating each other up.

Hmm...I'll post some purely out-of-context screenshots. This one doesn't even NEED context, because no matter how you look at it, it's just too easy to understand.

This one's not easy to understand. I think she was referring to the pirate as the piggy, but I'm not certain. I do remember Koa had a line of quests to bring some guy at sea this and that, but it wasn't this guy. I remember because at the end of the quests she had to make him this complicated sandwich he reeeeeally wanted, and she made it and took it out to him, and then ate the sandwich right in front of his face, then made a face at him and told him to do his OWN chores. :lol:

And this one is cute! I don't know why they were hugging, maybe the end of a quest? Or it was Hug A Pirate day?

That's enough outta ME, right?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

While I can't speak much the first game, Xenoverse 2 has you create your own character from 5 races that are present in the original series and then you're placed in a hub world that is a bunch of locales from the manga/games/anime with 80% of the cast from DBZ/DBS/DBGT inhabiting it. You're a 'Time Patroller', so your job is to hop through Dragon Ball Series timelines (Mainly Z and Super) and correct the timeline that's gone awry. Gameplay is beating eachother up lol. There is A LOT to do outside the plot though, and the fact that everyone in the hub world is a version of another character from a destroyed timeline makes it an interesting place to explore, especially for a fangirl like me. This is why people like Goku and Frieza are literal 30 second fly away from eachother, but aren't trying to kill one another. They're more or less granted asylum in the hub world to teach Time Patrollers (because you're not the only one) how to fight as they were displaced themselves and have nowhere to go. So yeah, I love the game! XD

Anywho, here's some moogles:
Spoiler:
I'm out too, loool. More peeps gotta have a chance~
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, I'm not DONE, lol. That was just enough out of me for that one post. ;)

Here's a Ring Fit screenshot I didn't know I had. All my Ring Fit screenshots were taken by accident, lol, while adjusting the leg strap or whatever. But I saw this one of good ol' Abdonis, and only then noticed how fancy his hairstyle is... (ps: I did indeed break through his perfect wall of abs)

Phoenix Wright is a pretty easy-going and friendly guy. But some people are much more uptight. And then, as you can see, some are a little too easy-going and friendly even for Phoenix.
Spoiler:

And those are my screenshots for today, I think. :) Why does only Bluie also have an interesting collection of screenshots? Do other people not really take them, when playing?
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: And now, on to the RF4 screenshots! I have 3 of Leon saying ridiculous things, which will go under the cut, but to preface those, here is Volkanon. I...don't know who he wanted to kiss, though. I don't remember where this event or bit of dialogue fits.

Kikki, It’s directed towards Vishnal. Volkanon says this before his birthday. A later line in this conversation has Frey worry Volkanon will kill Vishnal with his passionate kiss. Poor Vishnal, the dude can’t catch a break.

I have some RF screen shots of my own but I posted most of them to tumblr.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think a warm kiss from Volkanon would be a bit overwhelming. He's the kind of guy who can go into overkill when simply making a sandwich.

~

I take all the screenshots I want to save and upload them to Twitter. Then I save them to my laptop and upload them to Imgur, so that I can post them all over the internet, whenever I want. :) (Plus if they're on my laptop I can add them to emails to friends or use them for icons or...whatever.)

Okay, three more? I'm going for three more, today. The first one is of a game I replayed just a week or so ago and had loads of fun with, again. Sahad's an...informal type of guy. Adol is relatively easy-going, but Laxia's an uptight type, so she needed a bit of Sahad's informality to wear her down a little.

And here are two Trails of Cold Steel images. I think one is from Cold Steel II and the other is from Cold Steel IV, but in the case of Rean on top of Gaius' shoulders, I don't remember it at all. And Shirley collapsed on top of the Brat Prince...I vaguely remember when that happened, though not exactly why. To do with a fight, I'm sure, but...some context missing, in my head. Either they just collapsed together or she protected him or something, I think. I dunno, too much to remember! But out of context, they're rather puzzling shots. I like screenshots that I can't quite place, though they make me want to play again...
Spoiler:

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I definitely can show this off!
Spoiler:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oho, that is outstanding indeed! my rocks in AC were always such a pain to hunt down. I managed to get them all on the top of the island, but never so organized!

I don't have anything super cool to show off, but here are my cats in Neko Tomo:
Spoiler:
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Wow! Good job Shan!

Most of my pics I put on twitter are Animal Crossing and FOMT stuff but I thought I'd share a couple I liked.
Edit: Well that's a fail for me trying to show the tweets. Guess I didn't do something right. The links should work now though.
Edit 2: Fixed!
Last edited by greensara on Mar 01, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Wow! Good job Shan!

Most of my pics I put on twitter are Animal Crossing and FOMT stuff but I thought I'd share a couple I liked.

Edit: Well that's a fail for me trying to show the tweets. Guess I didn't do something right. The links should work now though.
You only paste in the tweet number. So to post your first one, it would look like this, except with square brackets in place of the round, of course:

(tweet)1366470187885555713(/tweet)

Change the round brackets to square and then we have...