Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The fact that Hashimoto is directing and he said before that would be "too much work" to add same « Chicken Hugging » options makes me think history is going to repeat itself. The game has been announced for quite some time too and we still haven't seen any same « Chicken Hugging » coulpe interacting in the trailers so i would say the chances are pretty minimal.

I guess i might just buy SoS instead even tho this game seems to have better graphics/gameplay...
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:The fact that Hashimoto is directing and he said before that would be "too much work" to add same « Chicken Hugging » options makes me think history is going to repeat itself. The game has been announced for quite some time too and we still haven't seen any same « Chicken Hugging » coulpe interacting in the trailers so i would say the chances are pretty minimal.

I guess i might just buy SoS instead even tho this game seems to have better graphics/gameplay...
RF5 and PoOT are being advertised alongside each other in Japan. That being said, from a PR standpoint it'd look insanely bad if RF5 didn't have same « Chicken Hugging » marriage when PoOT will have it. Marvelous / XSeed know their audiences at this point in that front in the west at least. If we do get ss marriage in 5, it'll probably be only exclusive to the west since the JP versions of the FoMT remake retain the "best friends" system.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:The fact that Hashimoto is directing and he said before that would be "too much work" to add same « Chicken Hugging » options makes me think history is going to repeat itself. The game has been announced for quite some time too and we still haven't seen any same « Chicken Hugging » coulpe interacting in the trailers so i would say the chances are pretty minimal.

RF5 and PoOT are being advertised alongside each other in Japan. That being said, from a PR standpoint it'd look insanely bad if RF5 didn't have same « Chicken Hugging » marriage when PoOT will have it. Marvelous / XSeed know their audiences at this point in that front in the west at least. If we do get ss marriage in 5, it'll probably be only exclusive to the west since the JP versions of the FoMT remake retain the "best friends" system.
Interesting point... Do you think they will allow same « Chicken Hugging » marriage for Western release even if it is not allowed in JP version?
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iloverainbow wrote:
Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:

Interesting point... Do you think they will allow same « Chicken Hugging » marriage for Western release even if it is not allowed in JP version?
Probably, if it means boosting the series image. Marvelous's ENG PR is advertising same « Chicken Hugging » marrige as the new norm in Bokujo. I'm certainly hoping they do the same with RF even if it's just the western release because to the eyes of newcomers or ENG speaking audiences who went through games like Portia or Stardew, lack of the feature could be a big deal breaker and make the series look "outdated".
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I like what I’ve seen for the most part. Seems like the candidates this time around are all going to have different sleepwear/swimsuits, so that’s nice. A minor nitpick I have is they still don’t really have a care for changing hairstyles if they don’t have to. :(
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Poppyseed wrote:I like what I’ve seen for the most part. Seems like the candidates this time around are all going to have different sleepwear/swimsuits, so that’s nice. A minor nitpick I have is they still don’t really have a care for changing hairstyles if they don’t have to. :(
Well, Priscilla in her nightwear shows her hair without braids but yeah, wish they went full out with alt hairstyles. Like maybe Beatrice tieing her hair up with her swimsuit, etc.

Also, anime cutscenes are back for weddings like in RFF.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY DOUG IS SUCH A SNACK IN RF5 AND YET I CAN NOT MARRY HIM FOR THE 1000TH TIME??? AND MARGARET? YOWZA???

Real talk I love that they're bringing these two back. I'm so hyped I just want a NA release date pretty plz and let me marry girls kthnx
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

EDIT: nvm
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I don't want to be a downer or anything, but with the animation of wedding scenes, I don't think they'd add S/S marriage for just one region. That would be a lot of animation for an audience that isn't their target, so I think it's either for everyone or not included. Unless they let you have S/S marriage without a cutscene, but that would be very lame by comparison to the het marriage.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Now with the animated cutscenes for marriage i am 100% sure it won't have same « Chicken Hugging » options.

It is definetly gonna look bad for them, but i think they are ready to use those cutscenes as excuses to why SoS allows it, while RF5 doesn't.
princesskatie333
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

If true, no ss marriage will be pretty personally devastating. It's becoming more or less a standard for the genre these days to allow the player to marry any candidate regardless of gender, and as a gay fan of the series, it will be hard to justify why they'd release a game without it in 2021. Or maybe I just got my hopes up way too high, who knows.

At least I personally think the bachelor designs are way better this time around. I may have ended up going for Murakumo anyway, since his design and the little I know of him make him really appealing. I'll still play the game and I adore the series but a lack of ss marriage will leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Excellentmoos
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ampharos wrote:Doug and Margaret in rf5 confirmed. Doug looks older and handsome. I wasn't expecting him to grow his hair, he looks good in a ponytail. Margaret has a different hairstyle as well. They both seem to be wearing their old clothes however.
If we can marry old Bachelor and bachelorettes I'm so sold for this game.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

If anyone has the time to watch, there's already a video of English translating alongside the livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emhPt95OA4o
Soomi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

While SOS does have ss marriage that's not enough for me to prefer SOS over rune factory :/ especially with their new entry pioneer of olive town with their boring dialogues. The only reasons i could think of why there's no ss marriage in rf is bc the dev wants to give more "depths" for the characters or whatever their reasoning is.

Tbh i kinda doubt that rf without ss marriage gonna make the game looks bad at least not as much in japan compared with western country. Just bc the game have an english release doesn't mean it only target for western audience. There r many other asian countries like vietnam, thailand etc where ss marriage aren't allowed/norm. I wouldn't be surprised if rf series r more well known among asians than westerners for their english release.

Note that im only speaking from my pov as an asian when talking about rf with my peers and most of them doesn't care much if ss marriage include in that game or not. Ofc im not speaking for all asian but i kinda feel like that's the case if that makes sense?
Bribri
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Soomi wrote:While SOS does have ss marriage that's not enough for me to prefer SOS over rune factory :/ especially with their new entry pioneer of olive town with their boring dialogues. The only reasons i could think of why there's no ss marriage in rf is bc the dev wants to give more "depths" for the characters or whatever their reasoning is.

Tbh i kinda doubt that rf without ss marriage gonna make the game looks bad at least not as much in japan compared with western country. Just bc the game have an english release doesn't mean it only target for western audience. There r many other asian countries like vietnam, thailand etc where ss marriage aren't allowed/norm. I wouldn't be surprised if rf series r more well known among asians than westerners for their english release.

Note that im only speaking from my pov as an asian when talking about rf with my peers and most of them doesn't care much if ss marriage include in that game or not. Ofc im not speaking for all asian but i kinda feel like that's the case if that makes sense?
As someone who is not Asian, I cannot say for certain how the demographic will take this, however I do get the feeling that there are a lot if gay/closeted people in Asia who could really use more representation, especially when romance is a big part of the game.